Contributor
nietzschefan
0 Kudos

Is 1984 an American Classic?

I know that the theme of 1984 is science fiction... however, I feel that it fits in with American Classics as well.

I want to read the book, and was wondering if anyone would like to read it with me and form a book group/discussion. I want to gain many perspectives on the book itself for a breakthrough project -- I'll discuss it later if any are interested in collaborating with me and reading the book together. And I'll also reveal a segment of a blog that I have written, which correlates with my project.

If any are interested, I'd like to start reading the book by sometime next week.
Contributor
Marie2008
0 Kudos

Re: Is 1984 an American Classic?

1984 was written by an English author....George Orwell.

It can be considered an English Classic.

Marie
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Edit. I see after I posted that it had already been pointed out that Orwell was English, so this should be taken to the British classics board.

nietzschefan wrote:
I know that the theme of 1984 is science fiction... however, I feel that it fits in with American Classics as well.

I want to read the book, and was wondering if anyone would like to read it with me and form a book group/discussion. I want to gain many perspectives on the book itself for a breakthrough project -- I'll discuss it later if any are interested in collaborating with me and reading the book together. And I'll also reveal a segment of a blog that I have written, which correlates with my project.

If any are interested, I'd like to start reading the book by sometime next week.

Message Edited by Everyman on 06-25-2008 01:07 PM
0 Kudos

Thank you both. I just copied the message into the British Classics section.
Users Online
Currently online:21 members 238 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: