Contributor
demarcodarcy
0 Kudos

The Red Tent

Thank you, Anita Diamant! I greatly enjoyed The Red Tent, and am sorry that I missed the discussion. I used to live in Newton Corner (on Centre Street) and do miss Boston. I am a member of Grub Street, and write for the Internet as a freelancer. I have not yet read your other book. Thank you again for a wonderful book. I enjoyed the characterizations and descriptions of biblical-era women and what their lives were like. Keep up the good work!

Darcy DeMarco
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: The Red Tent

Rkubie -- First, may we use this thread as a place "to retire" to chat and share, including about topics perhaps not directly related to the book. As you know, other boards frequently have a koffeeklatch or tea room or community room. Somehow the "Red Tent" seems appropriate, at least to this participant, for this board?

Second, while I am here, are there other books about ancient women, including those in the Bible and other religious texts, that readers here would recommend?

In particular, I have recently been attracted by the cover of SARAH by Marek Halter. In checking for the author, I see there is another recent SARAH, this one by Orson Scott Card. I have read neither; is there any participant on this board who has and is willing to comment? (The latter is apparently one of a trilogy.)

(Anita -- I am sure we would delighted if you have comments or suggestions, perhaps even something you used in your research.)
"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Author
Anita_Diamant
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:
Rkubie -- First, may we use this thread as a place "to retire" to chat and share, including about topics perhaps not directly related to the book. As you know, other boards frequently have a koffeeklatch or tea room or community room. Somehow the "Red Tent" seems appropriate, at least to this participant, for this board?

Second, while I am here, are there other books about ancient women, including those in the Bible and other religious texts, that readers here would recommend?

In particular, I have recently been attracted by the cover of SARAH by Marek Halter. In checking for the author, I see there is another recent SARAH, this one by Orson Scott Card. I have read neither; is there any participant on this board who has and is willing to comment? (The latter is apparently one of a trilogy.)

(Anita -- I am sure we would delighted if you have comments or suggestions, perhaps even something you used in your research.)

I have often been asked about other books that fictionalize biblical stories. I must confess that after finishing The Red Tent, I was so exhausted by the subject matter and ready to move on, I could not even look at another book with a similar theme. Since then, my attention has gone so far from biblical times, I find myself completely unfamiliar with the "field."

My apologies. I hope others in this reading circle (which extends so far!) will have some good ideas.

Anita
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Yes, a great heading to relax and chat under!

Rachel
Users Online
Currently online: 46 members 305 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: