Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

Introduce Yourself

[ Edited ]
Reply to this message to introduce yourself to the group!

Message Edited by rkubie on 10-27-2007 02:01 PM
Author
AnnPacker
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

I'm curious who is reading these boards...or the book. I'd love to have you tell me a little about yourself--where you are in life, etc. Do you read more now than you used to, or does it get harder to find time?

It probably says this somewhere else, but I live in a suburb of San Francisco. I'm divorced and have two kids, a 15-year-old girl (yikes!) and a 12-year-old boy.

Say hello if you can!

Learn more about
Songs without Words
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Hello, I go by IBIS, which are my initials. I live near Boston, and love the RED SOX.

I am a violinist with the Boston Symphony. I also work from my studio as a web designer. The fusion of music and web graphics is a lot like songs without words... songs with pictures.

As they say, picture are worth a thousand words.

I am a voracious reader, and am looking forward to reading SONGS WITHOUT WORDS.
The title itself is intriguing...
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

IBIS wrote:
Hello, I go by IBIS, which are my initials. I live near Boston, and love the RED SOX.

I am a violinist with the Boston Symphony. I also work from my studio as a web designer. The fusion of music and web graphics is a lot like songs without words... songs with pictures.

As they say, picture are worth a thousand words.

I am a voracious reader, and am looking forward to reading SONGS WITHOUT WORDS.
The title itself is intriguing...

I think I posted this somewhere but here I go again. I am Linda from Central Va. I am Sixty Four, retired after working 30 some years as a medication nurse. Have four children grown and married and seven wonderful all ages grandchildren that are 20 down to 3. I have been married twice and now love being single. No more tearing my heart up again!. I love reading, more so the last twenty years. I read a average of four books a month. Sometimes more or less depends on my time. I love walking, going out to eat, scrapbooking and taking trips to see my grandkids. I love the process of writing. A writer lives the life alot she or he writes about. And to me this is fasinating to know where the story starts from.
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

I'm embarrassed I haven't introduced myself! I'm Rachel. I've moderated book groups here for three years now. Also a single mom, but my kids are on the young end. I'm a librarian, and I'm just starting to teach knitting in a local craft shop.

I find myself wanting to push this novel on other women in order to talk about what female friendships are made of. I relate very much to each of the women, Sarabeth's quirky incompetence and Liz's dogged overthinking and caretaking. And I've wondered if many women see themselves as both "types" at once?
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

rkubie wrote:
I'm embarrassed I haven't introduced myself! I'm Rachel. I've moderated book groups here for three years now. Also a single mom, but my kids are on the young end. I'm a librarian, and I'm just starting to teach knitting in a local craft shop.

I find myself wanting to push this novel on other women in order to talk about what female friendships are made of. I relate very much to each of the women, Sarabeth's quirky incompetence and Liz's dogged overthinking and caretaking. And I've wondered if many women see themselves as both "types" at once?

We are many things in one. I know I see Sarabeth and Liz, both in me and my closest friends. What I love about my closest friends is we can balance each other just when each of us needs that special touch. My friends and I listen to each other and also we can give advise or we can just be there for one another in time of need. Right now, I am going through a horrible experience, I am losing my oldest sister to cancer any day now, and my close friend, calls everyday and says if you want to talk, I will listen or if you want to divert the conversation to other things I will talk. And I do both.Sometimes just hearing another conversation is better than thinking about what is really bothering me, and my friends know that about me. I loved this book,, it also puts in respective, that friends are not perfect, we all have flaws and sometimes we do not react the way we should for our friends. But we should forgive them because at times they have to forgive us.
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Kiakar,

I'm terribly sorry to hear what you're going through. I'm glad you're taking part here.

Rachel
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Linda, my heart goes out to you in this painful period of your life. I enjoy your posts, and look forward to sharing more of your thoughts.

IBIS
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Thanks IBIS and Rachel! That is very thoughtful of you. IBIS, I really do enjoy your wonderful posts too, you are so informative and smart!
Author
AnnPacker
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:
Thanks IBIS and Rachel! That is very thoughtful of you. IBIS, I really do enjoy your wonderful posts too, you are so informative and smart!

Linda,
I want to add my voice to the sympathy expressed here. I'm glad you have a friend who understands that sometimes we just need to listen to someone else talk, as a way of feeling part of the world...even, or especially, when we are feeling so much grief we can hardly bear it.

Ann

Learn more about
Songs without Words
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Thanks Ann!
Users Online
Currently online: 50 members 256 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: