Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Anna's Schedule

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that I heard from Anna and she is on the road for the next few days, without Internet access. She'll be able to post to the group when she returns.
Stephanie
Contributor
Bunit
0 Kudos

Re: Anna's Schedule

Hi! Just had a quick question.........Should we wait to post until Anna returns? Thanks
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

No need to wait, we're all in this together. Don't worry, Anna will catch up- she's back and chatting.
Stephanie
Author
aquindlen
0 Kudos

Sometimes I think my entire life is playing catch-up--although now that my children are really adults, it's not quite as bad as it once was. But between touring for the paperback, keeping up with the Newsweek column, and some of the philanthropic things I do, it has been quite a month! Now I am spending the summer out in the country, doing nothing but writing, reading and cleaning out drawers.
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Anna,

You just had to say you were cleaning out drawers, didn't you? The guilt weighs heavy on me, but I'm resisting! :smileyhappy:

I'm glad your schedule is free for reading and writing - what could be more important? I might get more reading done myself, but I can't stay out of the gardens. I've a passion vine here that appears determined to choke out everything on the property - it's perfectly beastly.
Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
homereader
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Anna,

You just had to say you were cleaning out drawers, didn't you? The guilt weighs heavy on me, but I'm resisting! :smileyhappy:

I'm glad your schedule is free for reading and writing - what could be more important? I might get more reading done myself, but I can't stay out of the gardens. I've a passion vine here that appears determined to choke out everything on the property - it's perfectly beastly.

Stephanie, this is off-topic, but I have a passion vine that is taking over my yard (and my neighbor's also). I am usually a gardening fanatic, but this season I have decided to just let it go.
There are too many recent releases that I was to read.

Janet
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Janet, equally off-topic

Janet,

Regarding our dispassion for these vines... since the darn thing is killing everything in its path, I'm determined to spend a little time trying to rip out as much as I can, whenever I've the inclination to build my biceps! It actually flowed over the top of a grapefruit tree and killed the branches it attached itself to. Unbelievable resilience too, as we had some drought here earlier this spring. It's become much more than a nuisance, as I have a whole yard of garden with beautiful plants, trees and shrubs that are native to FL, and I'm loathe to lose them.

But believe me, I'm still reading at least four books a week! :smileyhappy:
Stephanie
Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 476 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: