Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Penny,

Welcome- glad you're here! I have to agree with you and Anna regarding those Sesame St segments - they are magical. I remember being delighted with them myself as a 4 year old, when Sesame St was brand new. Now you know how old I am!

I hope you enjoy the online B&N Book Club experience - I think it's exceptional. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
homereader
0 Kudos

Hi this is Janet from Central, Florida.
I am late joining the group.
I read "Rise and Shine" when it first came out. Our library system has a lease program for new releases, so it is usually easy to pick up a copy of whatever has just come out.
This is the first book I have read by Anna Quindlen, but I see that I have 2 others on my must read list, "Object Lessons" and "Black and Blue."
A couple of years ago, I discovered these Barnes and Noble online reading groups and I really enjoy them. I especially like the groups with author participation. Often, knowing that the author will participate in the discussion group is enough to entice me to try a new author. To me, that is such a treat to be able to interact with the author, ask questions, etc.

Janet
Frequent Contributor
homereader
0 Kudos

LaurenKondrat wrote:
I am still a newby (I just finished my second year), so I don't think I have changed the world just yet...maybe a few individuals here and there, but that's a start, right? I am working on it though. Thanks for the support!

Hi Lauren,

This is Janet. Never underestimate the impact that you have on your students. I used to teach nursing in a community college.
Students would often tell me about how something I said made an impact on them. Typically, I had no memory of saying whatever they remembered, but it sounded like something I would have likely said. (LOL)

From another perspective, my teenage daughter just graduated from high school. She could very quickly tell you that her favorite teacher was her third grade teacher, an avid reader and an inspiration to her as she dreamed of growing up to be an author.
That 3rd grade teacher was also a newby. She had an incredible classroom library and she encouraged her students to attend a local author's book signing. Knowing my duaghter's dream, she also put her in contact via e mail with her mother-in-law who had published children's novels. That was a pretty thrilling experience for an 8 year old girl.

Janet
Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 727 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: