Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Welcome from your Moderator

Hello Everyone,

I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed Anna Quindlen's Rise and Shine, and how honored I am to be your moderator. I've read Anna's work for a very long time, and this novel will take a place of prominence on my shelves.

Rise and Shine focuses on two sisters, Meghan and Bridget Fitzmaurice, and their ideas regarding success, failure, love and living will keep us discussing this novel long into the June nights. I'm loathe to say too much, as every page is a discovery and I don't want to spoil a word.

Happy Reading!
Stephanie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome from your Moderator

This book definitely starts off running. The characters are fascinating, and some of the plot developments are unexpected. I enjoyed this book, but my favorite is a non-fiction one: How Reading Changed My Life.
Author
aquindlen
0 Kudos

Stephanie,
You may know that this is the first time I've participated in an online book club. if you have any thoughts or tips as we proceed together, please let me know.
best,
anna quindlen
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Anna,

The B&N online book groups are great fun - I know you'll enjoy yourself here. Wonderful readers, insightful discussions... Let me know if you have any questions about the format or anything else.
Stephanie
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
This book definitely starts off running. The characters are fascinating, and some of the plot developments are unexpected. I enjoyed this book, but my favorite is a non-fiction one: How Reading Changed My Life.

I have loved all of Ann Quinlan books. I started reading her from the Oprah book club and have read all of her books. They have all been so informative and interesting.
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

I thought you might be here - great to see you!
Stephanie
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Hi Linda,

I thought you might be here - great to see you!

Oh! yeah! The avid reader that I am and also I love the book clubs you moniter. Don't let that swell your head too much! hehe
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Linda,

What can I say, you're great for my ego! :smileyhappy:
Stephanie
Users Online
Currently online:17 members 261 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: