Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

End of October Clubs; Looking to November

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that this is the final week of the scheduled discussions in October. I hope you all have had a great time talking to Cesar Millan, Claire Messud, James Citrin, Dalia Sofer, and Laura Moriarty. They'll be saying their goodbyes this week and I hope you take time to thank them as well -- and if you have any final questions or comments, you’ve still got time, but post them now.

October discussions start on Monday, October 29th. Author Appearances include Anita Diamant on the 10th anniversary of The Red Tent; Maggie O'Farrell on The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox; Ann Packer on Songs without Words; and Michael C. White on Soul Catcher.

Also, just in time for the holidays, Kim Harrison, Lynsay Sands, Marjorie Liu, and Vicki Pettersson are planning on stopping through The Paranormal Book Club, as they read Holidays are Hell.

I'm sure many of you are looking forward to our amazing moderator-led discussions on The Almost Moon, Bridge of Sighs, the exciting conclusion of the His Dark Materials trilogy -- The Amber Spyglass, and a great Mark Twain satire -- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

The October debut of our First Look book club with The Monsters of Templeton is still going great, as is the debut of The Crime Club. Thanks for participating in these great new discussions! And don't forget to check out the rest of our great moderator-led and reader-led discussions. Click here for all new November discussions, or feel free to browse all book clubs.

Meanwhile, enjoy this last week of October's book clubs!

Message Edited by Jessica on 10-22-2007 03:47 PM

Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Re: End of October Clubs; Looking to November

Jessica, we also had Lynn Stegner visit us and shared her thoughts about THERE WAS A FIRE INSIDE MY HEAD.
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Frequent Contributor
thinker
0 Kudos

Looking forward to the Mark Twain, "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" one of my favourites!!
Thinker
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

Mine too!

And the moderator (Connie, from the Harry Potter and His Dark Materials groups) is somewhat of an expert on Twain.

Also, November 30th is Mark Twain's birthday...

Should be a great conversation.

Thanks!
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Re: End of October Clubs; Thanking ALL authors who appeared in October on this site!

It may have been an oversight on your admin's part, but we also had Lynn Stegner visit us and shared her thoughts about THERE WAS A FIRE INSIDE MY HEAD.

as well as Jonathan Wilson on his biography of Marc Chagall.

Both authors need recognition for their kindness in sharing their thoughts on this B&N bookclub site.
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

Re: End of October Clubs

Of course, IBIS is absolutely correct --

Last but not least, don't forget to thank Lynn Stegner (in the Book Explorers club) for joining the conversation of Because a Fire Was in My Head; and Jonathan Wilson (in Jewish Encounters), who discussed Marc Chagall.

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Is there a "Philosophy" club by chance? I love discussing it.
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

agnijay wrote:

There was talk of one, and at one point it looked as though BNBC was committed to starting one, but it never happened. Which is too bad.
0 Kudos

Re: End of October Clubs : Diwali

I hope you had a Happy Diwali Jaya - there were wonderful celebrations in Trafalgar Square at the end of October - rather early! Here are a few pictures:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7066987.stm

agnijay wrote: