Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt

General Fiction in August is an edge of your seat Thriller - The Dispatcher by Ryan David Jahn

[ Edited ]

The Dispatcher  

This was one of the best, most horrifying, most realistic thrillers this thriller lover has ever read. It asks the question to me anyway, how far would you go to save someone you love. In this case your daughter and you'll get all the answers you need when you read this incredible piece of fiction.

If that's not enough Ryan David Jahn will be with us all month to answer questions, make comments and just to keep us on our toes about the truth behind the novel.

Be sure to check The General Fiction forum often, I'll be adding the reading schedule, my interview with Ryan and my review in the next couple of weeks leading up to the the start of the conversation, that conversation will start on Monday August 6, 2012.

So if you need something to keep you out of the heat, but that will stir your blood at the same time, this is just what the doctor ordered.

This is just the ticket for those of you who chill to read thrillers, who love intense, edge of your seat drama that will keep your palms sweaty and your heart racing.

For more information on the novel check out the author's website here

And I hope you'll put this on your calendars to join in, you won't be sorry that you did.