Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

The Next First Look Book Club

We’re just days away from an announcement about the second selection for our exclusive First Look Book Club.

Stay tuned to this thread next week for information about our next book, and the rules for how you get your free advance reading copy.

There will be no giant email this time, so you’ll have to watch the announcements posted here for the full details.

What we can say now is that the new book is great. The people here who’ve read it think it’ll make for a fantastic discussion. And the author is looking forward to our private conversation.

We hope you’re as enthusiastic as we are – and that you remember to come back next week to learn more!

See you then!

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Re: The Next First Look Book Club

How exciting!
Frequent Contributor
luciadelabyss
0 Kudos

Do you have to be a certain level of member to be eligible for this offer? I am rather new to this.
Kristine
Frequent Contributor
crucker
0 Kudos

Ho, Ho, Ho, Must be a Christmas present?
CRuck
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

luciadelabyss wrote:
Do you have to be a certain level of member to be eligible for this offer? I am rather new to this.
Kristine

Nope! You just have to be a registered user. More news about the selection and directions on how to register will be forthcoming. Thanks!

Contributor
BryVal
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Do you need to have read the first book to join in or can you join in on this one.

Bryan
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed the first one, hope I can do it again
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

It's beginning to feel as though the next FL book club is really a Godot -- we wait and wait but it never comes! :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos

I agree Everyman. I'm wearing out my computer keys just checking back. :-)
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

It's like looking for the presents, before Christmas morning! HA!
New User
s26hedgehog
0 Kudos

Since I have little money to spend on books right now, this seems like the place for me! :smileyvery-happy:
Amber
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

what's driving me nuts, and i have to do it now to explain it, is...I keep checking the thread for new posts waiting for the one on how to sign up, see a number of new postings, so jump in here quick and its just people saying, I cant wait and stuff LOL! So I am thinking ahhhhh, I thought that was the new book! lol, now see, I just added another post to this thread so someone else can see a number by it and check real fast to see if THIS is the one telling about the new one. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Vivian, here I am adding another one!

IBIS
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Frequent Contributor
Jodi
0 Kudos

Im going in and out every 20 minutes to see if the new book is out yet. I've been doing it since Monday. Its driving me crazy. The suspense is killing me. Good luck to all.
KathyS
0 Kudos

:smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: and HO! HO! HO!
Distinguished Wordsmith
Carmenere_lady
0 Kudos

I'm soooo excited I've got to keep my legs crossed.:smileywink:

Do any of you know how many people rec'd books the first time around?
Lynda

"I think of literature.....as a vast country to the far borders of which I am journeying but will never reach."
The Uncommon Reader

"You've been running around naked in the stacks again, haven't you?"
"Um, maybe."
The Time Traveler's Wife

It is with books as with men; a very small number play a great part.
Voltaire
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

http://www.geocities.com/chp295/jeopardy.mid
0 Kudos

A lot! :smileyhappy:

Carmenere_lady wrote:
I'm soooo excited I've got to keep my legs crossed.:smileywink:

Do any of you know how many people rec'd books the first time around?

KathyS
0 Kudos

Everyman wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/chp295/jeopardy.mid

Thanks, my favorite program.
Now I can't stop humming----and waiting!
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

The Next First Look Book Club -- FINALLY HERE!

Hi Everyone,

We’ve got big news today on the selection and timing of the next title in our First Look Book Club.

In January, we’ll be discussing The House at Riverton, a debut novel by Kate Morton. Originally published to critical acclaim in Australia and a #1 bestseller in England, The House at Riverton is an engrossing mystery with a long-forgotten secret that now threatens to reveal itself.

Readers who participate in the First Look Book Club will get a free advance reading copy of The House at Riverton and access to our exclusive private discussion with the author. The discussion will take place in January. Books will be shipped (for free) the last week of December.

This is a great opportunity to get an advance read on a book the rest of the country won’t see until April. We’re thrilled to be offering this exclusive opportunity to our community of readers, and expect that we’ll have a conversation every bit as successful as our discussion of The Monsters of Templeton this fall.

Now, the details …

The first thing you should know is that space is limited. We only have a certain number of these free ARCs, and when they’re gone, they’re gone.

Also, the sign up process is a little different this time. We’re giving preference readers who actually contributed to (posted messages in) our discussion of The Monsters of Templeton, and to readers who told us previously that they wanted to be a part of our second book.

So, if you’re a member of one of those groups, you’ll get a private message today inviting you to participate in our January discussion. It’s very important that you open this message and follow the instructions if you want to participate. If your response is not received by next Wednesday, December 12 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time, we won’t be able to hold your spot.

If you are not in either of these groups, you’ll be able to join during our open enrollment period which begins next Wednesday, December 12 at 1:00 PM Eastern Time. At that point, you’ll have to follow the instructions posted here to get your ARC. Please remember that quantities are limited and we will stop taking requests once we run out. Books will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.

As always, we’ll keep you updated on the progress. Remember, there’s no mass email this time, so come to the First Look board to learn more. And if you do make it in, we ask that you read the book, join the discussion, and tell your friends.

Remember that our first selection, The Monsters of Templeton, is coming out in February. If you enjoyed the conversation, buy a finished copy for your permanent collection. Or buy one for a friend. And be sure to tell them that YOU got the First Look.