Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Bill_T
0 Kudos

Introduce Yourselves!

Here's where we can say a bit about ourselves and what brings us here. Has anyone in the book clubs read either of Arthur Phillips's novels The Egyptologist or Prague? Tell us what's been on your bookshelf!
Contributor
Hildegard1
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Hello everyone,

With all the reading of posts listed I can't believe no one has posted!

I'm currently in Chautauqua, New York so my post name is "interesting." I'm KathyH from orange, California, I'll be back in my office the 17th and will post more then. I work at a large church in Orange. Also, I was in a previous B&N Book Group with Mr. Phillips and look forward to the discussions in this one.

KathyH
Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Hi! I am Laura from the south coast of Maine. Hi to Kathy and Rachel, and Arthur too.

I participated in the BNU discussion of The Egyptologist a couple of years ago.

I just started Angelica last night and will be back in a few days with some comments.
Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
New User
crazypomes
0 Kudos

Hi - I'm John from North Jersey. I really dug the Egyptologist and I'm looking forward to this discussion. Hopefully I'll finish the new book in the next day or two.
Frequent Contributor
LeftBrainer
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Nancy from Nebraska. Just started the book. Looking forward to discussing it.
Nancy
New User
Raabe
0 Kudos

Introduce Yourselves!

I loved The Egyptologist and read Angelica on my Sony Reader. I look forward to hearing what Mr. Phillips has to say about the impetus for his new book. It was a wonderful story.
New User
jesswinn
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

This is my first BN book club, and the first Arthur Phillips book I have read. I picked up the book on Saturday evening and finished it tonight. I could hardly put it down, but my house, two young boys and my two dogs insisted I put it down occasionally!

I live in Iowa City and look forward to discussing this awesome book.

Jessica
Frequent Contributor
Trillian
0 Kudos

I loved, loved, loved The Egyptologist. Funny, creepy, and informative in the way of the best historical fiction.

Just got my copy of Angelica today; I can't wait to join the rest of you in reading and chatting.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.-- Oscar Wilde
New User
zylphia
0 Kudos

Hello all,
My name is Gwen and I am happy to read this book. I saw it from a link from Stephen King's website. I look forward to reading it.
New User
Bellairishangel
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm new here. I'm Stephanie and live in Phoenix, AZ. I love ghost stories and especially the Victorian Era. I hope I posted this right, lol.... I look forward to discussions on this book. I hope I'm not getting on here too late?
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

We've just started, Stephanie. Glad you're here!

Rachel
New User
caterina3
0 Kudos

Hello everyone. I'm Cathy from Central New Jersey. I'm new to the club and look forward to chatting with all of you. I haven't read any of Arthur Phillips' work before and am enjoying Angelica. I'm almost through with Part One and am enchanted by this ghost story.
Frequent Contributor
x-tempo
0 Kudos

Bill_T wrote:
Here's where we can say a bit about ourselves and what brings us here. Has anyone in the book clubs read either of Arthur Phillips's novels The Egyptologist or Prague? Tell us what's been on your bookshelf!

Yes, Prague is one of my favorite novels which I read around the same time as another favorite, John Henry Days.

I was just wondering if Arthur knew either Colson Whitehead or Joshua Redman at Harvard, because I think they're all about the same age and I know that Arthur has a background in music as well.

Thanks.
Author
ArthurPhillips
0 Kudos

Hi, x-tempo -

Yes, I was a year ahead of Colson and the same year as Redman- strangely, I have never met either...

Arthur

Learn more about Angelica.
New User
Bellairishangel
0 Kudos

rkubie wrote:
We've just started, Stephanie. Glad you're here!

Rachel

Thanks Rachel, I'm reading along so far but haven't been on much but that's changing now as I'm less busy now. Sorry but I was out of town and been busy with my kids. I'm here now so hopefully I'm not to late in the discussions. ~~Steph~~
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 852 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: