Inspired Contributor
gegarland
0 Kudos

Re: Books on Lost

more thoughts on last season's end and the future to come, now that we have all had a chance to cogitate a bit....

Remember when Faraday told Miles he was just making sure Miles' father Chang was doing what he was supposed to do? That was what Faraday was doing to everyone in his return to the Island. When he went into the Others' camp waving a gun around he was making sure his mother shot him; he made sure she understood what had happened and what she needed to do. Faraday had made his calculations, and he made sure that 'time' as he knew it was the time that occured. Faraday sacrificied himself to make sure that that the 'right' timeline occured.

The bomb never went off. The white flash at the end is a time warp that sends all our 1977 castaways back to the future to reunite with Sun and Lapidus, and this was all part of Jacob's plan to save the Island from his nemisis. We have seen how faux Locke has completed Locke's history in order to manifest himself at the point in time where he can get Ben to kill Jacob, but Jacob has made his own plans and made his own moves in their 'game'. He made sure that young James Ford (Sawyer) completed his letter; he brought Locke back from death after his father threw him out the window; he let Kate get away with her first 'crime' thus leading to the Kate who was willing to kill her scumbag father; he made sure Sun did not run away from Jin; he made sure Sayid wasn't killed by the same hit-n-run driver that killed Nadia; and he made sure that Jack never really got to settle his issues with his father after his first major screw-up in surgery.  Jacob gave Hugo a choice, though... interesting. Now, as Jacob said as he died, "They're coming".

The faux Locke kicked Jacob into the fire, and what's left after you burn is smoke and ash... interesting.

The last season will start with all our castaways kicked forward in time so that they are all in the same 'now'. Sayid and Juliet are badly injured. Do they survive, or do they only 'survive' in flashbacks? If it was just Juliet, I would lay odds that she dies in order to move

Sawyer's tragic end forward. But Sayid? Sayid's last comment was that he could not be saved. I don't believe it. Sayid has always been the most tragic figure in this story; he has merely done whatever it takes to survive his grim history. If anyone of these clowns _deserves_ to survive, it is Sayid.

Alive, occupying space, and exerting gravitational force
Correspondent
Diane32
0 Kudos

It is definately some sort of leap at the end whether it's the blast & Juliet survives (Desmond did of his) (but then that also depends on Elizabeth Mitchell's shoting schedule for her new show the remake of V I believe). Tell tale sign was the change at the end of the show how it turned the normal black screen white lettering to the opposite white screen black lettering definately (we hope) means a change occured. What that change is who knows.

Interesting that you mention ash & smoke since we all know Smokey but the ash around Jacob's cabin seems to have some significance since they've referenced it a couple of times. I'll keep going w/the Pheonix theory where Jacob set up Ben to kill him knowing that Not Locke would dump him in the fire so that he can rise again from the ashes and start new.

The tagline for the final season is Destiny Calls so will this be what we've all been looking for the answers to all (well hopefully most of our questions).

Why were these people picked to come to the island. It seems that it is a specific group of people that were "called" there (Jack, Sawyer, Locke, Ben, Sayid, Hurley, Kate, Sun, Jin). Why these people at that time. Why did Frank have to come back (he was suppose to be the original pilot). Who are the people who came on the plane? Who are Adam & Eve that were found in the cave (my bet is Bernard & Rose but we'll see). Will Vincent make the leap too what is his purpose to the story? What made Walt special? Same for Claire & Aaron & for that fact Desmond. What is the islands purpose? Who is Smokey (okay people are saying it is Not Locke in another form who knows). I just bought at BN the Flannery O'Conner book Jacob was reading as well as a book that was recommened on EW's Doc Jensen column Replay by Ken Grimwood (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Replay/Ken-Grimwood/e/9780688161125/?itm=1 Jeff Winston, forty-three, didn't know he was a replayer until he died and woke up twenty-five years younger in his college dorm room; he lived another life. And died again. And lived again and died again -- in a continuous twenty-five-year cycle -- each time starting from scratch at the age of eighteen to reclaim lost loves, remedy past mistakes, or make a fortune in the stock market. A novel of gripping adventure, romance, and fascinating speculation on the nature of time, Replay asks the question: "What if you could live your life over again?" sound like this past season huh?)

I'm just looking forward to the final summer of LOST hints for the final season.

Inspired Contributor
gegarland

Diane32 wrote:

Who are the people who came on the plane?

My guess they can either be Charles Widmore's people, piggy-backing their way to the Island after Eloise Hawking shows the others the way, or they could be present day Dharma Initiative people.

One more thing I'm wondering is if they are going to go with a bit of the Atlantis mythology. At one point the Island had to be close enough to Egypt for all of the Egyptian-themed buildings and carvings to be built, and then, of course, the Island mysteriously disappears. Atlantis was ruled over by twins, supposedly the sons of Poseidon and his mortal lover.

Correspondent
Diane32
0 Kudos

gegarland wrote:

Diane32 wrote:

Who are the people who came on the plane?

My guess they can either be Charles Widmore's people, piggy-backing their way to the Island after Eloise Hawking shows the others the way, or they could be present day Dharma Initiative people.

One more thing I'm wondering is if they are going to go with a bit of the Atlantis mythology. At one point the Island had to be close enough to Egypt for all of the Egyptian-themed buildings and carvings to be built, and then, of course, the Island mysteriously disappears. Atlantis was ruled over by twins, supposedly the sons of Poseidon and his mortal lover.

From rewatching Ileana seems to have known Jacob before the Island so there's some tie there but how did he know/find her & are they others working off the island to help him on it?

Also I may be a little slow on this again but Ben said when he met Jacob I always did what your lists said to was it Jacob who gave them the list that Michael brought back to get Jack, Kate, Sawyer & Hurley to bring to Ben & if so why only those 4? We were led to believe that they did it so that they could use Sawyer to keep Kate in line who in turn would get Jack to do the surgery on Ben but was that the real reaon. One theory is the reason they had files on the Oceanic 6 is due to them showing up in the past but who knows it could be that they were watched for a long time.

Interesting on the Atlantis theory wonder if they were banished to the island because of something they did. Sort of like my Dogma theory that they were kicked out of somewhere (heaven, another planet, Egypt?) and now they have to redeem themselves before they can get off the island and is their redemption what will save mankind? Just another theory out there. We have TONS of time now to speculate what they are going to do for the final season so let's get at it :smileywink: like if this is a reset back to episode one scene 1 does that mean that Shannon, Boone, Ana Lucia & Libby, et all are back? We'll just have to wait & see.

Contributor
Star_Gazer

It fells like ages since the last Lost aired.  Was gegarland hinting Jacob turns into Smokey?  The man in black throws Jacob into the fire...ash is the end result.  I like that, sorta

So, that kind throws my theory that the man in black is Smokey out the window.  But, I am not sure.  I still think the man in black is the monster.  Smokey turned into Alex in the cave and told Ben to do whatever Locke said (at that time we didn't know he was the smoke monster). 

So Smokey/Locke told Ben he had to kill Jacob (loop hole).  Ben kills Jacob, and we discover that Locke was dead after all.  Also Smokey/Locke told Richard he had to tell the real Locke he had to die.  He needed Locke to die so he could become Locke.

I think if Jacob turns into a smoke monster it would be white.  Has there ever been white smoke?  I don't know.  I want to say when Echo died, but I am not certain.

So now we know that the statue was the Egyptian Goddess of fertility,  Taweret.  I agree that when the statue was broken that is when the childbitrth issues began.

I also like what Miles said we are the incident.

Interesting catch gegerland that the bomb didn't go off.  We all just assumed it did, but it could have been another flash.  If it was a flash then Juliette lives.

I can't wait for the final season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I want Juliette to be with Sawyer, but I was a big V fanatic.  I won't mind matching the actress on that show as long as they resolver her storyline on Lost.

Ok, back to the business of books.

The next book is Walden Two.  I think it is obvious how it fits into the Lost storyline.  Also, the first book that I will hopefully finish this week (totally upset that I haven't finished it.  I just really don't like it, but I always have to finish a book I start. Now that I am excited about the next book, I think that is proper motivation as I won't start it until I am finished Island)

Walden Two Synopsis:

This fictional outline of a modern utopia has been a center of controversy ever since its publication in 1948. Set in the United States, it pictures a society in which human problems are solved by a scientific technology of human conduct.

Interesting how both books are about utopian societies.  The next book after this one is Alice in Wonderland.  I never liked that book when I was little.  I am going to read it this time.  This book is all about a world with different rules.  I can see how that ties into lost as well.  We just don't know what the rules are for lost.

Until next time

Inspired Contributor
gegarland

One question I want to see answered is what happened to the children? I bet when they bring that back up is when Walt will return to the Island; I still think he has a part to play in the endgame.

My current favorite hypothesis is that the Island is an alien construct sent here ages ago to either protect life on earth or prod humanity in the right direction. Jacob and his nemesis just happen to have different ideas on how to do that, and they have jousted back and forth throughout time to control the Island and direct its influence. My guess is the moment we first saw them and the man in black says something on the order of "do you know how badly i want kill you, right now" is the time just after when Jacob found a "loophole" to let him become the ascendent entity in charge. Jacob thus temporarily puts a stop to his adversary's schemes and starts on his own moves, beginning with bringing the Blackrock sailing ship to the Island. Jacob and his rival are essentially artificial intelligence pieces of the entire Island construct; very very advanced a.i.'s to be sure but still in essence machines. They can learn and modify their behavior to an extent, but they are ultimately bound by "the rules" of their original creators. The Jacob a.i. has now been forced to "reboot" by his avatar's symbolic death, and now must find another "loophole" to re-seize control of the island from his "brother" a.i. The smoke monster is a manifestation of the entire artificial intelligence that runs the Island; Jacob and the man in black are just elements of that whole that managed to organize themselves into coherent separate beings. Perhaps Jacob and his brother were never supposed to occur, but the aliens never came back to check up on their construct and make sure it was functioning normally. Something happened to them, and their machine was left to its own devices.

Contributor
Star_Gazer

I really like where gegerland is going with the AI beings; however, it makes me think of one question.  How do the AIs (Jacob) get off the Island to put the players in motion: Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, Hurley, Locke, Jack?

If they are parts of the Island, how can they leave it?

As soon as you said they are machines I instantly thought of the first time we saw the smoke monster.  They clearly played the machine sound that it makes before it arrives for a long time. 

I recently watched the premier episode of Lost, and I tried to pay attention to the non obvious things that were "in the background".  This is what I noticed:

When the smoke monster appears at night on the beach ripping up the trees, I listened to the conversations that were not coming from the main characters in the scene, and I heard someone say "I've heard that sound before.  It sounds familiar."

How in the heck could that be?  How could they have heard that mechanic sound and then the alarm like sound if they had just crashed on the island?

Another observation, Charlie shouldn't have been a survivor of the crash, or he shouldn't have instantly been in the opening scene.  He should have showed up days later. 

In the pilot episode Charlie ran to the front of the plane to get rid of his stash in the bathroom.  After he dumped it in the toilet, they hit turbulence, he hit the ceiling, and then he ran out of the bathroom and strapped himself into a seat in first class. 

When Charlie, Jack, and Kate returned to the front section of the plane, everyone except for the pilot was dead.  Charlie never returned to the back of the plane before it broke apart.  He should have died, or arrived later to the main crash scene.

Last thing.  Jack lied to Kate about his count to 5 story.  He made it seem like it was something he came up with, but we later learn his dad gave him the time out and made him count to five.

These last two things could have been errors on the writers parts (which I don't like because they should watch previous episodes for continuity), but the first thing had me wondering for hours. 

How is smokey's sound familiar to some of the losties???????????

Inspired Contributor
gegarland

Star_Gazer wrote:

I don't have the dvd's (yet), but I'm going to suggest someone who has take a look at the sounds when the Oceanic plane was crashing. Maybe the sounds as the plane was being torn apart sounds a lot like the smoke monster?

My current favorite theory on how they "explain" the traveling through time: they don't, period. Other than perhaps an enigmatic reference along the lines of "time is more complicated than you realize", no one says anything about it. The 70's era exiles are going to wake up first show and first scene of the last season in the same "now" as Locke, Sun, Lapidus, and creepy Ben. I predict the very first second of that scene will be Jack lying on his back and his eye popping open.

Correspondent
Diane32
0 Kudos

I think how smokey's sound is familiar (if i remember the episode correctly) it does have a mechanical sound almost like on an old roller coaster where the chain pulls the car up to the top it had that clicking/clinking sound. Like when it grabbed Locke & pulled him down the rabbit hole.

I do think that as they are going along they are making some changes from what they did in the beginning due to either lack of continuity, screwing w/the fans, better technology and finally better idea of where they are going since right now they are going into their endgame for the show.

Not sure about Charlie but think of the randomness of things how many times have you seen a tornado rip thru an area or see a fire go thru a neighborhood & all but one house is destroyed could be the same thing or it was that it was not Charlie's time to die so that's why it didn't happen?

As for Jack well of course he's not going to let Kate know (someone he's just met and wants to sew him up) to know his dad issues :smileywink: that's like a 3rd/4th date thing to reveal :smileyvery-happy:

Star_Gazer wrote:

I really like where gegerland is going with the AI beings; however, it makes me think of one question.  How do the AIs (Jacob) get off the Island to put the players in motion: Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, Hurley, Locke, Jack?

If they are parts of the Island, how can they leave it?

As soon as you said they are machines I instantly thought of the first time we saw the smoke monster.  They clearly played the machine sound that it makes before it arrives for a long time. 

I recently watched the premier episode of Lost, and I tried to pay attention to the non obvious things that were "in the background".  This is what I noticed:

When the smoke monster appears at night on the beach ripping up the trees, I listened to the conversations that were not coming from the main characters in the scene, and I heard someone say "I've heard that sound before.  It sounds familiar."

How in the heck could that be?  How could they have heard that mechanic sound and then the alarm like sound if they had just crashed on the island?

Another observation, Charlie shouldn't have been a survivor of the crash, or he shouldn't have instantly been in the opening scene.  He should have showed up days later. 

In the pilot episode Charlie ran to the front of the plane to get rid of his stash in the bathroom.  After he dumped it in the toilet, they hit turbulence, he hit the ceiling, and then he ran out of the bathroom and strapped himself into a seat in first class. 

When Charlie, Jack, and Kate returned to the front section of the plane, everyone except for the pilot was dead.  Charlie never returned to the back of the plane before it broke apart.  He should have died, or arrived later to the main crash scene.

Last thing.  Jack lied to Kate about his count to 5 story.  He made it seem like it was something he came up with, but we later learn his dad gave him the time out and made him count to five.

These last two things could have been errors on the writers parts (which I don't like because they should watch previous episodes for continuity), but the first thing had me wondering for hours. 

Correspondent
Diane32
0 Kudos

I say hold off on getting the DVD's wait until you can get the whole series cause they'll probably to what they did for other shows (Alias, West Wing, etc) where they make it this nice box set with extra's like the Rimbaldi stuff for Alias man was I mad when that came out :smileymad: so I'm sure they'll go a hatch or something else for it and add in all this extra stuff that they've been sitting on for years.

As for the opening scene it is going back to the original episode I believe where we (like in other seasons) open up w/Jack waking up & opening his eye. Funny how a character that was going to be killed in the pilot episode winds up being one of the central characters of the series.

Doc Jensen from EW (Entertainment Weekly magazine) has been running with a theory of how the seasons mirror each other 4 was 3, 5 was 2 so if logic hold then 6 will be 1 so it will be them going back to the beginning.

gegarland wrote:

Star_Gazer wrote:

I don't have the dvd's (yet), but I'm going to suggest someone who has take a look at the sounds when the Oceanic plane was crashing. Maybe the sounds as the plane was being torn apart sounds a lot like the smoke monster?

My current favorite theory on how they "explain" the traveling through time: they don't, period. Other than perhaps an enigmatic reference along the lines of "time is more complicated than you realize", no one says anything about it. The 70's era exiles are going to wake up first show and first scene of the last season in the same "now" as Locke, Sun, Lapidus, and creepy Ben. I predict the very first second of that scene will be Jack lying on his back and his eye popping open.

Frequent Contributor
Lmfwhite

Star_Gazer wrote:

When the smoke monster appears at night on the beach ripping up the trees, I listened to the conversations that were not coming from the main characters in the scene, and I heard someone say "I've heard that sound before.  It sounds familiar."  My sister and I just watched the series premiere plus the first hour after of Season 1 last night so everything is still fresh in my brain.  I didn't hear that particular conversation but the noise the smoke monster made did sound a little like a roller coaster and a little different than it does in subsequent episodes.  Since it was background, I think it was just "filler" conversation of scared people wondering what the sound in the jungle was.

When Charlie, Jack, and Kate returned to the front section of the plane, everyone except for the pilot was dead.  Charlie never returned to the back of the plane before it broke apart.  He should have died, or arrived later to the main crash scene.  I said the same exact thing to my sister!!  She offered the theory that perhaps since it was a big plane and he was running towards the front of the plane, he wasn't really near the cockpit but in the middle section of the plane.  But now that I am writing this, when he, Kate, and Jack went back to find the pilot/copilot and the front section of the plane, Charlie "recovered" his heroin in the bathroom closest to the cockpit.  I need to tell my sister that!  So now I do not have an answer!

Last thing.  Jack lied to Kate about his count to 5 story.  He made it seem like it was something he came up with, but we later learn his dad gave him the time out and made him count to five.  I agree with the previous post that you wouldn't tell someone you just met who is sewing you up all the details of the story.

How is smokey's sound familiar to some of the losties???????????  Now the thing that bothers me the most is how come Charlie is one of the survivors if he was in the front of the plane?????

Correspondent
Diane32

I think I found my summer project - rewatch all 5 seasons of LOST (well as many as I can if I can get them online for season 5 or find my tapes of them).

I think some of the inconsistency's like Charlie being up front & Jack not telling Kate the "whole" story of the count to five are just fleshing out storylines (on the counting to 5 for Jack) and for Charlie I think it's just a case of lack of continuity.

Did just finish the book that Jacob was reading Flannery O'Connor's "Everything That Rises Must Converge" and it was a struggle. Short stories nothing storyline wise that matched LOST except that one character in each of the short stories made a life altering decision that in most cases was the wrong decision & was their downfall. Now with that said could that have been what they were telling us that the paths that these characters are what has brought them to these disastrous turns?

I am reading right now a book recommended by EW's Doc Jensen - Replay by Ken Grimwood - http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?box=9780688161125&pos=-1&EAN=97806881611... & man is this a good book. here's the rundown of the story. -

Jeff Winston, forty-three, didn't know he was a replayer until he died and woke up twenty-five years younger in his college dorm room; he lived another life. And died again. And lived again and died again -- in a continuous twenty-five-year cycle -- each time starting from scratch at the age of eighteen to reclaim lost loves, remedy past mistakes, or make a fortune in the stock market. A novel of gripping adventure, romance, and fascinating speculation on the nature of time, Replay asks the question: "What if you could live your life over again?"

One of the things that he Grimwood addresses in the story is grandfather paradox - can you go back in time & kill your grandfather. which is something that has been addresses especially this season with all the time travel. Sawyer even mentions it in the finale where he tells Jack about his parents & how he could have changed things if he went & stopped Tom Sawyer (Lockes dad) from conning Sawyers dad out of all their money but what would it have done then?

I'm only like 90 pages into the book & it is really good & gives you a look at what you can do when you do know then what you know now. There's one thing that the main character Jeff tries to stop a major history point & when he does it still doesn't change the outcome in history only changes one minor point but the historic event still happens - This is exactly the Desmond - Charlie scenario Des kept saving Charlie but it still did not change the fact that Charlie had to die it was his destiny. You can change minor things but not what is destined to happen. I definitely think someone from the show must have read this.

Frequent Contributor
Lmfwhite

This is another website I found with people rewatching Lost episodes from the beginning.  Points we have brought up concerning "familiarity of Smokey's sounds" and where Charlie is sitting at the time of the crash are among the topics discussed.

http://jopinionated.blogspot.com/2009/06/lost-rewatch-post-1-pilot-parts-1-2.html

Contributor
Star_Gazer

Wow Lfmwhite!!!  That link you provided blew my mind.  I don't know why I never thought of the Charlie Connection before:

Those of you who are frequent readers are already familiar with (and probably tired of hearing about) my Crazy Charlie Theory. Long story short...due to the time travel elements which were introduced in Season 5, the possibilities are endless for connections on this show. My theory is that Charlie Pace is in fact Charlie Hume, son of Desmond and Penny. Why am I bringing this up again now? Because in "Walkabout," Charlie mentions that his grandfather used to take him fishing. IF my theory is correct, he would be referring to Charles Widmore. Although we've never actually seen Widmore fishing, he is certainly quite interested in boats (there is a model of one in his office, he sponsors a boat race around the world, he bought the original Black Rock ship journal). Worth contemplating, at least in my opinion.

I am in shock over that paragraph.  I think this could be true look at Miles coming back and interacting with his parents and even seeing himself.

This could also be why Desmond has the crazy ability to tell when Charlie is going to die.  Ok, now I just had a lost flashback.  We met Charlie's dad, didn't we?  The pool scene.  That is when we learn that Charlie can't swim that well and then he goes ahead w/ the plan to dive to the submerged station to save them all.  Ok, now I need to know if that was really Charlie's dad at the pool.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Hey guys -

Just a quick note, I'm moving this thread over to the Arts&Entertainment board which is where we are going to keep all of the TV-related threads.  

Jon

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Contributor
Star_Gazer

Of course IM BACK!!!!

And I must say I am happy I was right about the smoke monster being the man in black!!!!!  Ok, that was a whopper of a show, and I am going to watch it again tonight.  Juliet dying in the beginning had me in tears, Boon and Locke on the plane had me in stiches "I would def go with you if the plane crashed" 

So, I think the bomb did go off.  After Locke turned the wheel the last time, no more flashes occurred, and everyone pretty much thought it had stopped.  I think the bomb set off the energy and that created the last flash that brought the people in the 70's to the current date.

Juliet's message to Sawyer (if we believe Miles was telling the truth, for now i do, I think he heard more, but is not telling everything, he looked really affected by what he was hearing)  It worked.

Ok, people have said they were confused by the two timelines.  I was not.  We have had flash forwards, backs, and now we have one constant timeline.

I think we can go back to Faraday talking about different planes of existence and how they are going on at the same time.  This is also kinda like Flashforward (Im sure everyone watches that show too).  We are seeing them on a different course that is taking place at the same time which is what most scientist think is happening anyway.  There is another us that took the left turn instead of turning right, so now we see the sorta non eveil dopple gangers of the losties.

Ok, I think Sayid is now Jacob.  It took way too long for his body to reanimate.  This temple is also where they took young Benry after Sayid shot him, and Richard told them that if they fixed Ben he would never be the same.  I think that is what made Ben more evil than he needed to be.

Ok, does anyone think Ben now feels sorry for what he did to Jacob?  Ok, I think the writers are tying things up nicely for now.  They are starting to answer questions, questions I didn't really care about, but one of the questions, they answered was one of the top ten from EW magazine.  What happened to the stewardess?  I didn't really care.

Ok, here are questions, I want to know:  1.  Why was Walt so darn important?  He was obviously supposed to make it to the temple, but never did.  2.  What is the island?  Is it a space ship and Jacob and Blackie are aliens, or are they angles that are stuck there till they figure it all out  3.  Why is Christian important.  3.  Why the lost six were important.  Is it because they have so many issues, and fit the game of Jacob and Blackie so well?  4.  Where is Claire?  Is she dead?  I think she died in the house explosion  5.  Is dead, dead on the island.

Ok, tying it up.  I actually have to start working.  I think this goes back to season one perfectly.  Rewatch the talk of Locke and Walt on the beach with the bacgammon game.  It is about light versus dark.  Good and Evil.  The game is old, found in the pyrimads.  Ok, most people think Aliens helped us build the pyrimads.  See, going back to my alien thought, but are Jacob and Blackie just Gods from the temple? 

What questions do you want tied up?  What did you think of the premier episode of the last lost season?

New User
wild_style
0 Kudos

I don't have much to add at the moment except that I, for one, was glad to see the stewardess (Cindy) again. :smileywink:

Correspondent
Diane32
0 Kudos

Okay to YEAH!!! we're back on the air (for now I seem to remember reading we're on but then off during the Olympics boo!!!!:smileymad:) So while I was all about Team Suliet sorry Star Gazer didn't shed a tear when (spoiler alert don't keep reading if you didn't watch) (okay I warned you!!!) Juliet did really die. I was glad that he got to say his goodbye to her. You can see that she did change him and he really did love her. Kate is just all about the thrill of the chase what he had with Juliet was the real deal. It was the first real family he had in a long time. I also think that what she was going to tell him but died was that she was pregnant (going back to when they meet Rose & Bernard in the jungle there was a thing between her & Bernard that made me think she was preggers). I do think that off the island back in the LA X world he is going to meet up with her.

I also think he's going to wind up somehow w/Hurley not sure but I don't think their story is over. Or shock of shocks will he go find Clementine and what's her name & start all over again?

Interesting that Des was on the plane didn't see that one coming. Does that mean that Des never went to the island and if he never went on the island does that mean he never met Jack running in the stadium before he left on the boat trip? But it was the key word Brotha that gave Jack his deja vu all over again just like when they met up in the hatch in season 2's premiere.

Some things that show these people were meant to be together. Boone & Locke (man I'd follow you if the plane went down). Kate using both Sawyer & Jack to get her what she wants and interestingly enough she winds up in Claire's cab guess who's coming (that would be Aaron since Kate will have to deliver him while they are on the run). Jack save's Charlie again but interestingly he says you should have let me die.

Being a Greg Gunberg fan (woo hoo shout out to Heroes Parkman and Alia's Weiss:smileywink:) that was his voice and not Frank Lepedis' voice as the pilot on the plane.

Speaking to one of my friends it is like an opposite of what their previous lives were. Hurley - I'm a lucky guy nothing bad ever happens to me. Sawyer instead of conning Hurley for his money he is protective (or was he just setting him up for the long con????) saying you shouldn't tell people you won the lottery they'll try to cheat you. Rose being the one to comfort Jack instead of the way it was on the original flight. Locke being so confident instead of broken down like he was on the original flight (interesting that the knives are the thing that is missing.). Also will Rose still be dying or was she cured back in Australia????(I hope so I like her)

Since this is getting a little Fringe like with alternate worlds running at the same time. But what's the deal w/those temple people? Yeah who cares that Cindy was w/them & the 2 little kids whatever. I wanna know who/what/why they are. How did they get there. Also anyone know who the guy who as interpreting was he looked familiar but couldn't place him. What's the deal w/the ash why does it work against man in black (the ever great Titus Welliver). I love the man in black Locke way cool and the new funny couple Sun & Frank he's great put him w/Hurley & Miles they would be a great comedy act. Sayid also is the new Jacob got to be.

Some questions I want answered-

Why was the island under water in the alter world?

What did Juliet really say to Miles?

What was Walt's significance?

When/how did the man in black take over Locke's body

Are Sayid/Locke/Juliet really dead?

What is Christian's connection to all of this why can't he come home to LA (and is he on the island?)

Why are these people all connected where did that start and where will it end (with the finale I'm guessing)

and finally WHY?????? What is the grand meaning of all of this?

Oh well I've gone on long enough

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12

[ Edited ]

I'm originally thinking that Sayid is Jacob, but MAYBE, Sayid is the new Richard Alpert!  Ever-young keeper of the island. 

All of you guys thinking along the lines of Atlantis, that's exactly what I was thinking and I didn't see this thread until today.  The two "brothers" reminded me of Cane and Abel, as well.

I was also curious about Jack's not recognizing Desmond from the track.  If the timeline is altered all the way back to 1977, perhaps it means that Widmore is dead, or for some reason, there is no Penny around for Desmond to be pining for... Why was Desmond in LA, jogging in the arena in the first place?  I don't remember.

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Correspondent
Diane32
0 Kudos

Interesting idea that Sayid is Richard but is Richard dead or just knocked out by MIB (man in black)Locke? Also why did MIB Locke need to take Richard w/him (I'm guessing to get to the temple?) Cain & Abel good thought there too the warring brothers. I do think that Sayid is Jacob but we'll have to wait on that one.

Des was in LA to get Libby's boat so he could go on the race to prove himself to Widmore & Penny that he was good enough for her. I don't think that the group at LA X are in 77 but really 2003/4 (whenever this all started). The Atlantis thing works since it is supposedly under the sea now as a lost world and they showed us the island as being under water. Was this the first time for Jack & Des to meet but if so was he remembering the LA X meeting or all the island stuff?

I think as these guys intermingle (and they will) there will be triggers that bring them back to the island. Also wonder who Jin was meeting over there was it Widmore or Eloise or someone else? Will Sun leave him there or will she stay with him?

Also anyone feeling a little bad for Ben who is now the confused lost guy (like Locke used to be). Loved it when they took him over to the coffin & showed him dead Locke that really blew his mind huh? :smileyvery-happy: