Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Diane32

Re: Books on Lost

Okay so last night's LOST was interesting. It was interesting in Ben's sideways world he was the teacher who while not physically beaten down he was beaten down by the "man" or the system. He was not the force to be reckoned with that he is cause he stayed on the Island. Wonder what made his father leave instead of stay cause they did go to the island. He didn't seem as bitter as he was (Roger) when he was on the island. Interesting that he took care of his father & seemed to like him rather then fear and hate him like he did on the Island. Wonder how long they stayed there? Loved that we got to see Artz again still a loser science teacher. I did think it was interesting how Locke encouraged Ben to go be principal at the school. Wonder if he will be. I did like that they tied Alex into this and that he was able to save her and give her a good life (even if he had to use blackmail to do it shades of the real Ben coming out.) I did notice that when Artz called him a real killer that Ben got that same déjà vu look that Jack got when he saw his appendix scar. Something is clicking for these sideways people.

I did like how they had Miles mention Paulo & Nikki and at the end we see him w/the diamonds. (Hope he gets to get off the island and keep them :smileyvery-happy:).

Interesting how Ilana mentions who Jacob touching you is a gift but is it really a gift or a curse. From what Richard says it’s been a curse and we all can guess that not aging is what he promised him, like for Dogen it was to save his son’s life. Jacob gives but not without a big price. We also learned why Frank was not on the 815 plane – he overslept but like Ben said the island still got you. Also interesting that Ilana said she wasn’t sure who she should be protecting Jin or Sun but I think it’s both of them since Jacob touched both of them. Someone mentioned to me we all think that Rose & Bernard are Adam & Eve why can’t it be Sun & Jin (cause most people don’t want it to be but we’ll have to see if that’s one of the questions answered).

Looks like the sides are being drawn Jacob vs. Flocke we now have Jack Vs. Sawyer since it looks like they are going to be on opposite sides since one is w/Team Jacob and for now from what we know Sawyer is w/Flocke but who knows if that is just Sawyer working the long con on Flocke. I want to know if he talked to Jin if he is with Jin and did they each tell their tale (Sawyer about Flocke and Jin about Crazy Claire).

It was also interesting and a little bit funny Ben digging his own grave both physically and metaphorically by his actions. It was great when Flocke came up and said I’ll get you free come w/me and when he went to go Ilana asked why he’s going w/Flocke and Ben’s true response he’s the only one who wants me. Basically what everyone wants is to be wanted and you could see how alone Ben was/is because of his actions. Is Ilana really going to care for Ben or is he just another soldier for her. And the BIG reveal of the sub coming up on the island and it being good old Charlie Widmore I want to know how he was able to find it since he couldn’t for all those years was it Ellie who got him there or was it because Jacob is dead that he can now get there? The answers to this and many other questions may be answered on our next episode of LOST (we’ll see :smileywink:).

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3

Ben had some real moral dilemmas in sideways time.  He almost slipped, but then caring for Alex (their relationship seemed a bit strange to me, since they are not related) saved him.

I guess Sun and Jin will not be reunited anytime soon, since they appear to be on different 'sides' now.  Although I wonder how much the Locke Monster (that's what they call him in the pop-ups during the reruns; I like it!) really has power over Jin and even Kate.

I thought that when Ben followed Ilana after their showdown in the jungle, he looked very much like the Locke Monster's followers looked when they followed him out of the Temple.  Kind of a mindless follower.

Jack looks like he might even be ready for the leadership role.

NOT a big surprise that the 'he' who was coming is Widmore!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Correspondent
Diane32

Key point Ben had MORALS in the sideways. He cared about people more then the power which is why he sacrificed himself for Alex he did what was best for her not for him which Island Ben NEVER would have done :smileyvery-happy:. Yeah not sure on the Jin/Sun reunion but she had a nice one with Hurley. It reminded me of when Kate & Sawyer got away from Ben when they took them in season 3 (it was 3 right anyway). It is looking like it is going to be a showdown between Flocke or the Locke Monster but I'm not sure if Sawyer & Jin are on their side. It does look like Sayid & Claire drank the kool-aid so to speak :smileywink: with their crazy eye look that they had when they left the temple but Kate just looked scared & confused so since we know she's a flip flopper we'll have to wait until see she's her White and Black Knights before we know which side she's on. As for Sawyer & Jin since we don't know what Sawyer is thinking and we know Jin knows Claire if Bat A$$ Crazy at this point we may be looking at a long con that will last the rest of the season.

I like that Charlie Widmore is back on the island but can he actually get on the island. Can't wait for him to meet up w/Locke Monster and Ben those should be interesting conversations. Wonder if he's team Jacob or Flocke?

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12

It sounds like Jacob wants Widmore to come to the Island.  He sent Hurley and Jack to the Lighthouse to help "someone" reach the island.  Maybe Jacob is more like Obi-Wan-Kenobi than we thought - he is more powerful than anyone can possibly imagine - and is using Hurley as his talking head because he is someone who is both trusting and is trusted by others, since he's seen as someone without a stake in the proceedings, though he's as much a candidate as the other Oceanic survivors. 

And correct me, please, but was Hurley ever touched prior to the original flight, or only in the taxi prior to the return flight?  hhmm...

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Correspondent
Diane32

As far as we know the only time Jacob "touched" Hurley was when he met him in the cab outside the jail when Hurley got released by Ben's lawyers. My guess is that the lighthouse was one way but I think also that now that Jacob is "dead" that it allows those who were 'banned' from the island the chance to get back on.

That is a good point that Jacob is using the one that everyone trusts - Hurley to do his talking. Can't wait to see his sideways wonder if he's going to be married to Libby????? Just a thought.

dulcinea3

I think Ben is a complicated person in the sideways time (as he is also on the island).  In the end, his morals won out and he backed down on the blackmail in order to help Alex, but if he really had good morals, he would never have even considered blackmailing the principal in the first place.  He really jumped on that chance immediately, and took steps to threaten the principal with blackmail.

For some reason all kinds of really crazy thoughts were swirling through my head while watching this episode, that didn't even make sense (but does anything?).  One was that Ben might turn out to be the hero of the whole story in the end.  Another was that somehow the sideways time has been the true story all along, and what we've been watching is an alternate reality that they somehow were all propelled into.  Not a rip-off, like Bobby in the shower in Dallas, though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

I think Ben is a complicated person in the sideways time (as he is also on the island).  In the end, his morals won out and he backed down on the blackmail in order to help Alex, but if he really had good morals, he would never have even considered blackmailing the principal in the first place.  He really jumped on that chance immediately, and took steps to threaten the principal with blackmail.

For some reason all kinds of really crazy thoughts were swirling through my head while watching this episode, that didn't even make sense (but does anything?).  One was that Ben might turn out to be the hero of the whole story in the end.  Another was that somehow the sideways time has been the true story all along, and what we've been watching is an alternate reality that they somehow were all propelled into.  Not a rip-off, like Bobby in the shower in Dallas, though.

LOL  I really was laughing at that... my husband and I reference the Dallas thing just about every episode as we sit to enjoy the show. 

Maybe it'll be Jack and Locke stuck on the island for eternity.  Who's going to bring balance back to the universe ala Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker?

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Correspondent
Diane32

Last nights episode was another great one. I just knew that Sawyer was going to be a cop had to be since he was a criminal in his "real" life. My first thought is that it was the same con that he ran on Cassidy in "The Long Con" episode back in season 1 or 2. Also that he used his same Island security Jim name LeFleur as key phrase to get help. My one question is why did he let Kate go when he saw her in cuffs if he was a cop. But writing this now I'm guessing it was because he didn't want anyone to know that he was in Australia. Arresting Kate would have tipped Miles off that he didn't go where he said he was going when he went away.

What I can't figure out and was sorry that it wasn't Juliet he was meeting but why Charlotte? How does she figure into things? But it was very much like how he came home to Juliet on the island (and how much did his house look like is otherville home w/Juliet????? But he brought Charlotte the sunflower while Juliet got the Gerber daisy.

Some things don't change - He's still after Anthony Cooper (the original Tom Sawyer). His parents still are dead because of Sawyer and his Dad still killed his mom. Also the book that Charlotte found was the first book he read on the island Watership Down. Also it was interesting that he told Miles that he was either going to be a criminal or a cop. See this is why he was able to be responsible Jim Ford in Darmaville when they went back in time. He is basically a good guy just reacting to a bad situation he was put in as a child. Oh and the other thing he was watching Little House which he said to Kate and she mocked him for watching Little House on the Prairie but he said he watched it when he was home sick w/mono in high school I think it was. Anyway that seems to him to be the perfect family everyone lives and everyone loves each other and Pa doesn't shoot Ma and they all live happily ever after something he always wanted but never got as a kid because of Anthony Cooper.

It was good that he went back to the island that they were taken to in season 3. Where he and Kate were kept in the cages (anyone for a fish biscuit:smileyvery-happy:?) I think remembering back to before he loved Juliet allowed him to be able to get over some of his hurt will he ever be able to go back to her? He will however protect her (and Sun & Jin). I knew he had to be with Jin. I liked how he said that Flocke was getting them off the island and he would take Jin but Jin won't go without Sun and Sawyer said they'd all get off aww good guy he is.

Oh and remember when Jack & Locke were fighting for the power (back in season 2) when Sawyer uttered his great phrase there's a new sheriff in town when he took all the guns well he said that Jack & Locke got so caught up in their fight he was able to get what he wanted. Now this is what he's going to do w/Widemore and Flocke by getting the sub and getting them all out of there.

Oh and it was either a little throw away or setting something else up but that was Charlie's brother who came to the police station to get his brother who was arrested at the airport. The one who got Charlie hooked on the drugs in the beginning and who Charlie visited in Australia which is why he was on 815.

Oh and how funny was Sawyer when he said to that woman who got the drop on him okay take me to your leader. It's all about the con he's conning Widmore by saying he'll deliver Flocke to him and he's conning Flocke by saying they'll get the drop on Widmore but in reality he's after the sub to get them all off the island.

Now onto other people besides Sawyer. How great was the cat fight between Claire and Kate. Knew that was coming. But it was interesting what Flocke said to Kate afterwards was that some of the old Locke coming out since we know his birth mom was  a nut job was Smokey's mom one too? I like how he said it was his fault that Aaron had a nutty mom he seems to take responsibility for his mistakes (a redeeming quality something that is definitely part of the Lost mythology). But is Claire for real in her apologizing to Kate for what she did to her?

Oh and finally who didn't know that it was going to be Kate that he was chasing at the end. Knew that had to be her. Can't wait to see how that plays out.

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

Diane32 wrote:

Now onto other people besides Sawyer. How great was the cat fight between Claire and Kate. Knew that was coming. But it was interesting what Flocke said to Kate afterwards was that some of the old Locke coming out since we know his birth mom was  a nut job was Smokey's mom one too? I like how he said it was his fault that Aaron had a nutty mom he seems to take responsibility for his mistakes (a redeeming quality something that is definitely part of the Lost mythology). But is Claire for real in her apologizing to Kate for what she did to her?

Oh and finally who didn't know that it was going to be Kate that he was chasing at the end. Knew that had to be her. Can't wait to see how that plays out.

I think Flocke was referring to Smokey's mom, but it is moot.  I think that he is trying to seem like the good guy as a way to manipulate Kate; I don't think he's remorseful at all.  He knows that she's not with him, but he'll try to win her over, the same as he had done with Sayid.

Next week: Richard Alpert and the "Jacob-ites."  haha

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Correspondent
Diane32

Okay so I was a little disappointed with the last episode. It was shades of Nikki & Paulo. So who do you believe Jacob or Smokey? But wait how funny was it when they were telling Jack about Locke Ben was great. Oh wait can’t wait to see this  and Jack being Jack he seemed to not get it. Guess Sun will have to better explain it to him.

Oh and now Hurley can talk to the dead? Is he the new Ghost Whisperer? So we learned that Richard Albert is over 150+ years old (since they showed him in 1867 which was 143 years ago. One thing I noticed about smokey is that he starts out with a grizzly bear sound and then turns into a snake back then now current day smokey starts out sounding like an old wooden roller coaster with the clicking and then his roar.

So we know how the ship got there (okay it was a slave ship of sorts – indentured servants not the prisoner ship I thought it was going to be). Seems to be the only way to get on the island (w/Jacob’s help) is thru a violent storm of some sort (that’s how Richard & then Rousseau got there and we saw in one the flashes a violent storm that the group got caught in and when Juliet came by sub they drugged & tied her up since it's a rough journey, the plane trips, etc.).

And we now know what happened to the statue and why the leg is the only thing left of it. But why is Jacob living in there? Also Dogen said the same thing to Sayid that the Smokey said to Richard don’t let him talk to you before you kill him. Why is that the key to this also are the stones who has the upper hand? Also the loophole that Smokey talked about when he had Ben kill Jacob is it the same thing for Smokey if they get someone else to do their job they can kill each other but they can’t do the deed themselves?

Also what I took away last night is free will vs. destiny. Is it all about faith and if you lose your you fall from grace and become smokey? Still nothing to get us where we need to be now that we are on the downside of episodes not that many more. So from the coming attractions it looks like we might finally get the Sun/Jin reunion everyone wants.

So am I the only one who was disappointed?

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12

Oh, I wasn't disappointed at all!  I thought it was great. 

"What do you want, Richardo?" 

"I want my wife back." 

"Sorry, I can't do that."

"Can you save my soul so that I don't end up in hell?"

"No, I can't do that either."

"Then I never want to die."

"That, I can do."  *touch*

Oh, SNAP!

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

I really liked the Richard episode.  He's been so mysterious for so long, and now we finally know something about his background.

When the MIB broke the bottle that Jacob left him, it is probably symbolic to show that there is another way to let the liquid out other than taking out the cork!  Rather ominous.

It was strange that the MIB told the same thing to Richard when he sent Richard to kill Jacob that Dogen had told Sayid about the Locke Monster, since they appear to be on different sides.  They are so intertwined with each other that it is really difficult to tell if either one of them is in the right.

Correspondent
Diane32

Okay kind of mixed feelings about last night. It was okay but it was no Recon:smileywink: . Anyway so in the sideways Sun & Jin aren’t married but are sneaking around behind her fathers back:womansurprised:. That they came to the US together to get away from her fathers. Interesting that Sun in her sideways world didn’t seem to be able to speak English and that coincided with her loss of speaking English due to Flocke chasing her (of course the typical stupid woman running in pick one the woods, jungle, down a deserted street, staircase, etc and she always what FALLS DOWN how cliché ). Since they are not married does that mean that it is Jin that they need as the candidate not her (Paik)? Thought it was nice that they went back to her garden and showed that some things still grew even though no one tended it. Also interesting that on an island where women can’t get pregnant she does but yet in the “real” (sidesways world) she may lose the baby but I wonder if there is where ta dah Juliet fertility specialist comes to save the day (let’s hope). Also interesting that Jin was to be killed by Keemy and that’s what the $25,000.00 was for kind of sick to bring your executioner the payment for his services little bit twisted.

I also was wondering if Sayid not being able to “feel” anything is the coping mechanism that will allow him to get past his past? Flocke’s interactions were interesting last night he had a run in w/Sawyer who asked him why couldn’t he float his smokey butt over to the other island why did he need to take Sayid? Also Widmore went into the lore of who he was since he knew he wasn’t John Locke and then what he said to Jin about being chosen and he wasn’t sure if it was him or Sun that’s why he was going to help him get Sun. Interesting the two who are not buying into anyone’s story are Sun & Jin who never lost sight of their goal to get back to each other it’s all about the love for them is that what the moral of the story is love will conquer all. Nah I don’t think so. :smileyvery-happy:. Oh and then there was Claire’s interaction with him, he’s a user like Jacob he’s only using Kate to get the others (Sawyer, Sayid, etc.) on the plane so he can get off the island he doesn’t care what Crazy Claire does to her after that so are we going to see her toss Kate from the plane?????

Did anyone else notice that where Widmore’s people put Jin was where they held Karl Alex’s boyfriend and where Kate & Sawyer rescued him got that one right away even before Jin flipped the switch.

Oh interesting that Sayid did not cut Jin out but gave him the option to free himself was that telling???? Also why would Sun be able to remove that much money from the bank duh anything over $10,000 has to be reported to the government so they would have seen her take the money out for Keemy. Nice touch of the dad’s to take the money did he set up the airport thing as well????? Oh and Patchy/Mikhal lost his eye anyway since that’s how Jin killed him.

Oh an I was hoping that it was Des on the boat (very Apocalypse Now of them to have Sayid come up out of the water) glad that it’s him since he’s not done w/the island or rather the islands not done w/him. Why does he have to come back is he the keeper of the evil does he have the “power” to stop Smokey?????

Okay so like I said mixed feelings how’s everyone else feeling about the season psyched or let down???

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12

I'm lovin' it!  Sawyer's interlude with Flocke was classic:

Sawyer: "Why can't you just turn into ole Smokey and float over to the Hydra island?"

Flocke: "Do you think if I could leave the island that way, I'd still be here?"

Sawyer: "Oh, yeah, 'cause that'd be ridiculous." *dripping with sardonic wit*

You know, as for Sun running through the jungle and running into a tree, I am shocked that more people don't do this; it isn't very realistic that one would be able to run through a place like that unfettered.

I think the Flocke cannot kill the candidates.  If he does try to, they become the new Jacob, and he is trapped again in the balance of the island.  He MUST collect all the candidates and take them away with him (isn't it funny that Locke was the one getting them all to get back to the island in the 1st place?) to maintain the open door.  I think his actions will ultimately dictate which one will become the new Jacob.

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Frequent Contributor
MichaelN
0 Kudos

@basson_mommy12 Oh, I loved that line from Sawyer. I like it when the writers wink at us about how crazy the world can get.

I also really liked the scene near the end between Jack and Sun. I hear some people don't like his character but I've always been a fan.

MN
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

MichaelN wrote:

@basson_mommy12 Oh, I loved that line from Sawyer. I like it when the writers wink at us about how crazy the world can get.

I also really liked the scene near the end between Jack and Sun. I hear some people don't like his character but I've always been a fan.

Me, too.  Many are all about Sawyer because he's so complex and "bad," appealing to the fixers in us all.  I personally identify with Jack more.  I'm not a doctor or anything, but he's a man of science trying to do the best through his life as he can.  He's honest about what he is, even though he admits to not always knowing what that might be.  

I felt this show has always been more of a triangle between Jack, Sawyer and Locke, with Kate thrown in as the fatal distraction, rather than the love triangle between Jack-Sawyer-Kate.

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Correspondent
Diane32
0 Kudos

While I am on team Sawyer it really has mostly been the fight between Jack and Locke (any Locke incarnation) and they represent science and faith or destiny vs choice.

Correspondent
Diane32

OMG how great was it. So Des is the Constant for everyone. He is what is holding it all together. He’s is what is going to save them all. I liked how he interacted with Jack, Charlie, Claire all of them. What is going to be his sacrifice is he going to have to give up Penny & Charlie or something more (his life?). Did like how the guy who drove him around was the guy who got the scrambled brain sickness George Minkowski from the boat. Interesting that in alter world he was good enough for Charles Widmore good enough to drink his scotch which he wasn’t in the other world. Now which one is the right world? I liked how they used Charlie and it seems that something is bleeding over into the “new” world they are in where things seem to be better (for most of them, Sawyer’s a cop, Jack’s got a kid, Locke has Helen, etc) but Charlie who on the original flight he was hiding the drugs not swallowing them when they hit the turbulence and he survived but who he saw was Claire, just like who Daniel saw and loved was Charlotte it was their destiny to meet just like Des and Penny. Funny how they met where he met Jack with her running on the stairs not him and that he was the one who was fell down (when it was Jack originally falling). Interesting that Eloise did not want things to play out does she and Widmore know what’s going to happen so they are working things the way they want to playing their own version of god by playing people the way they want to do so that Daniel doesn’t die. Daniel still seems a little nutty but not really whacked out like he was in the other world. What happened to keep them together (Widmore & Eloise) where they ever on the island and who is older Penny or Daniel? Who is Penny’s mom does she play any part in any of this? Also is it really all about love not death and heaven/hell but true love/immortal love. Sun & Jin, Charlie & Claire, Daniel & Charlotte, Des & Penny? Is this what it’s all about folks? I think that is going to play a bigger part in this then we think. What we chose for ourselves rather then what is predestined for us. I liked how parts of the other world bled thru like for Charlie with Claire, Daniel w/the bomb and Charlotte and the physics and now Des and Penny. The minute he heard her name it was like something clicked for him. Also he was still saving Charlie but Charlie still gave him the message (not penny’s boat) I like how they tied things in together. Now who did not love when he was giving Charlie Widmore the beat down man he deserved it. Also why did Sayid allow what’s her name the one who’s with Widmore on the island Chloe (?) go why didn’t he kill her like he did the other guy?

dulcinea3

Two theories I have heard are:

1) Sideways time is what happened because of the bomb.  The bomb went off in 1977, so plenty of time for the characters to have such different lives.

2) Sideways time is what happened because Smokey got off the island.  The characters are getting what Smokey promised them, except with twists that make the results not what they expected.  For example, Sayid gets to see his love, but she's married to his brother.

Notice that three characters have seen enough to know that something is going on.  Daniel and Charlie both died on the island.  I wonder if Desmond is also going to die on the island, or is it just because of whatever is going on with his resistance to electricity?  Of course, Eloise also knows that something is going on, but she knows all about it; she's not just catching glimpses that are leading her towards the truth, like the other three.

Correspondent
Diane32
0 Kudos

Okay so last night’s episode was not as good as the week before but it still had it moments. I like how Smokey said Locke was a sucker:smileyvery-happy:. If you know the actor who was the original Man in Black (Titus Welliver) well Terry O'Quinn channeled him for that scene. He got him down perfect. Interesting to know that Smokey was Christian all along – even when Locke saw him w/Claire I’m guessing. I wonder if he smokey appeared to Claire when she wandered off from Sawyer & Miles and left Aaron. Why do they all have to be together to get off the island and who is “all” does that include, Claire, Kate, & Sayid since we know if means Jin, Sun, Jack, Sawyer and Hurley who else. Interesting that Ilyana was the lawyer thought for a moment it might be Juliet (just waiting for her to show up). It was a nice moment but why did Jack have to bring his kid w/him to the reading of the will. I did like how in both worlds Jack and Claire “met” up for the first time as brother & sister. I think what made Claire crazy is that she felt not good enough (a common lost theme) and when they all left her of course she went w/Smokey he was the only one who wanted her. So when Jack took off and left Claire (cause her and Sayid drank the kool-aid (love saying that one of my favorite things to say) anyway you could see that Claire was pissed that again she got left behind so she was going to stop them but Kate talked her and Sawyer down. But I still think that Claire & Kate are going to have to have their showdown. Jack should have said I helped raised your son since you were left here but no he didn’t. Interesting that Jack now if the man of faith that Locke was and that the island is not done with them is now what he is saying which is what Locke said before they left.I think that if Flock had not told Jack that Locke was a sucker he may have bought into it more but something about how Flocke tore Locke down triggered something in Jack that made him see that you gotta believe in something and take a stand and this is Jack’s. Also why does Des have to die – I don’t think that Sayid killed him. Something changed in the way that he was acting. I’m surprised that Flocke didn’t go check for dead Des but that will be his downfall thinking he’s got it all planned out. Now why did Sun freak when she saw Locke did her getting shot cause her breakthrough? Also when they were in the ambulance Locke said he was suppose to marry Helen was that alt Locke remembering or island Locke will Locke be able to get his life back if Flocke loses his? Also is Sun still really pregnant or is Jin lying to her? As for Kate & Sawyer good catch of hers that she figured out that the reason why he didn’t bust her at LAX was that he didn’t want to be caught in what he was doing (looking for Sawyer) she nailed him on that. And who did not know that Sayid was going to run out the back to get caught by Sawyer. I think that Sayid is either CIA and he will get out of it or something w/Widmore who will also get him out of this. Doesn’t matter which world he’s in he won’t get Nadia they were not meant to be together. I did like what Des said to him about okay so he brings her back what are you going to tell her that you did to allow that to happen. I think that’s what broke Sayid and got him back to his moral compass but did he get Des out of the well or did he leave him there. I think he got him out and now Des is heading somewhere other then where Flocke or Widmore are. So okay Sun & Jin got together only to be told get on the ground (and you’ll probably be shot) so yea if they get killed they will always be together.

Oh and one last thing how great was it when Jack decided not to go along with Sawyer and follow him (just not in Jack's nature :smileywink:) and Sawyer says well get off my boat and then he does. Too funny. I did like how Kate said (just like when they left the cages in New Otherton) we have to go back and get Jack - Saywer's reply we're done going back - guess that's him saying look to the future. Oh and while I'm on Sawyer he says the greatest things like his description of Frank Lapidis - something about being from an old Burt Reynolds movies too funny:smileyvery-happy: