Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Markthetripper
0 Kudos

Re: Musicals, anyone? :D

Has anyone seen the Book of Mormon? I've heard it has been killing, but I haven't been to it.

I saw Phantom of the Opera the first time I went to New York City and was so impressed! I saw the movie first, which was fantastic, but would rather see it live with all it's majesty any day. I also started to read the original work but it was less than exciting to read as I knew everything that was going to happen.

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

I recently saw "Rock of Ages" and it was a blast! If you're a fan of the late 70s and early 80s hair band music this will be a must for you! It was both funny and energizing! I saw it with the travelling Broadway Show in Denver and Constatine Marulis (who originated the role on Broadway) played his role.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Catch Me if You Can is amazing! There's so many songs that it feels there's only a couple of minutes in between each.

Contributor
SoccerGal_94
0 Kudos

Movies: Grease (need I say more? Who didn't want to be Sandy?) Oklahoma! (Classic. I love the setting and dancing) White Christmas (heartwarming story) Hello Dolly ( this is about the only Streisand I can tolerate) Stage Shows: Joseph (starring Donny of course) Little House on the Prairie (opened here in MN) Annie Want more? LOL
~J
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3

I love Grease!  I saw it live before the movie, and realized later after the movie came out that John Travolta was in the live production, only he played one of the T-Birds instead of the lead.  And White Christmas - I have a tradition of watching that every Christmas Eve (for decades, now).  Oklahoma is great, but I give the edge to Carousel.

My favorite Streisand movie isn't a musical - What's Up, Doc?  So funny!!!  Also love The Way We Were and even the remake of A Star is Born (although the original, with Judy Garland, is much better).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

Oliver Twist is my favorite

I also love Rocky Horror Picture Show
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Intrigued_by_Romance wrote:
Oliver Twist is my favorite

I also love Rocky Horror Picture Show

Both great!  I have them both on video.  I probably still have the vinyl LP of Oliver!, and I have the music book for piano.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

If it wasn't for film studies back in high school, i might have missed out on musicals. My favorite character in Oliver is dodger (he is so cute). Don't get me wrong I like all the characters.