Frequent Contributor
Markthetripper
0 Kudos

Re: Musicals, anyone? :D

Has anyone seen the Book of Mormon? I've heard it has been killing, but I haven't been to it.

I saw Phantom of the Opera the first time I went to New York City and was so impressed! I saw the movie first, which was fantastic, but would rather see it live with all it's majesty any day. I also started to read the original work but it was less than exciting to read as I knew everything that was going to happen.

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

I recently saw "Rock of Ages" and it was a blast! If you're a fan of the late 70s and early 80s hair band music this will be a must for you! It was both funny and energizing! I saw it with the travelling Broadway Show in Denver and Constatine Marulis (who originated the role on Broadway) played his role.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Catch Me if You Can is amazing! There's so many songs that it feels there's only a couple of minutes in between each.

Contributor
SoccerGal_94
0 Kudos

Movies: Grease (need I say more? Who didn't want to be Sandy?) Oklahoma! (Classic. I love the setting and dancing) White Christmas (heartwarming story) Hello Dolly ( this is about the only Streisand I can tolerate) Stage Shows: Joseph (starring Donny of course) Little House on the Prairie (opened here in MN) Annie Want more? LOL
~J
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3

I love Grease!  I saw it live before the movie, and realized later after the movie came out that John Travolta was in the live production, only he played one of the T-Birds instead of the lead.  And White Christmas - I have a tradition of watching that every Christmas Eve (for decades, now).  Oklahoma is great, but I give the edge to Carousel.

My favorite Streisand movie isn't a musical - What's Up, Doc?  So funny!!!  Also love The Way We Were and even the remake of A Star is Born (although the original, with Judy Garland, is much better).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

Oliver Twist is my favorite

I also love Rocky Horror Picture Show
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Intrigued_by_Romance wrote:
Oliver Twist is my favorite

I also love Rocky Horror Picture Show

Both great!  I have them both on video.  I probably still have the vinyl LP of Oliver!, and I have the music book for piano.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

If it wasn't for film studies back in high school, i might have missed out on musicals. My favorite character in Oliver is dodger (he is so cute). Don't get me wrong I like all the characters.