Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Arts & Entertainment!

TiggerBear wrote:

nerd456 wrote:

Hi Leia, I'm Nerd456.I hope they dont have age restrictions either only i would probably stop using this website.

This site? 15 and up. Though their are a few under that around.

I just told someone yesterday that I thought it was 13 and up, and I just happened to see a post from Jon further up on this thread that does say 13, so that's probably where I got that from.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

nerd456 wrote:

Hi Leia, I'm Nerd456.I hope they dont have age restrictions either only i would probably stop using this website.

This site? 15 and up. Though their are a few under that around.

I just told someone yesterday that I thought it was 13 and up, and I just happened to see a post from Jon further up on this thread that does say 13, so that's probably where I got that from.

They probably lowered it since last I checked, sorry about that.

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello all the newbies!

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Frequent Contributor
kateharp
0 Kudos

Gift Designer says "Hi"!

Hi! I love to write and read books on gift design.  I have been a professional gift designer for 20 years and work with several companies who create cards and gifts. 

I love that BN offers indie artists and writers to put their art knowledge out into the world.  I alredy have 3 Nook Books and 2 Calendars in the BN store and am very happy for the opportunity.

-Kate Harper http://kateharperdesigns.com/

-Unusual Ways To Market Greeting Cards, and 22 places to get your designs featured.[NOOK Book] 

-20 Steps To Art Licensing : How to Sell Your Designs to Card and Gift Companies[NOOK Book]

-Seven Mistakes Greeting Card Writers Make[NOOK Book]

-2012 Kid Quotes Engagement Calendar 

-2012 Kid Quotes Wall Calendar

"How to Publish Your Article on the Kindle and Nook"
http://howtobook.blogspot.com/ | kindle.harper@gmail.com
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Hello to all!

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody, my name is Daniel and I'm not entirely new to B&N. I just overlooked this board many times and now I'm finally checking it out. I like to draw and paint very little. Mostly I like to inflict my opinions on things like movies, art, actors, musicals, and games. Oh, and I'm 15.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Hello. I have alway been gifted in drawing but never really drawed anything of worth. Untill I began my book. Now I'm ilastating my book and have been asked by other writers to draw for them. So I guess they look ok. Anyway. Me 19 like to draw, write, and a range of stuff. Call me GS for short.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!