Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Welcome to Arts & Entertainment!

Hello, and welcome to the Arts & Entertainment board!

This is your place to talk about music, movies, TV,  theatre, visual art, dance, or any other form of art outside the realms of books and literature.

If you saw a good movie recently, are excited about a new album coming out, or want to talk about the latest shocking plot twists on one of your favorite TV shows, this is the place to do it.

Please make yourselves at home and and have fun sharing your thoughts on what you're listening to and watching with your Book Clubs friends!

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Frequent Contributor
Shioda
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Arts & Entertainment!

Hi, I'm Jason and I am only now getting to view this forum. If you tell me the rest of my screen name, you get a silver sticky star to put on the fridge.

I've gone without TV for 6 months but now when I watch the only entertaining thing is espn and the golf channel.  But I forget Cartoon network. Which brings me to this: Do you or anyone you know watch things like south park, simpsons or other horrible things.  It's worse than local evenings news or The Shining. I've spent years with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck, is it so bad that I drop a Brinks safe and have a character turn into an accordian?

I mean they had great soundtracks and the language, while affected, is proper.  If children need to talk dirty, at least say it to each other and have it not fed to them on TV. I just watched cartoon star wars and I thought that great; but the others--am I missing something?

Where ever you go, there you are---BuckarooBanzai
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I don't think so.  I think most cartoons today are crap, inlcuding the one you mentioned.  Now I did enjoy the Simpsons when they were came on but haven't watched the show in years.  When I say years I mean over 15.

Now the Looney Toons were great but I'm partial to the cartoons from the 80s.  We actually had a very long discussion on the Paranormal/Urban Fantasy board about our favorite cartoons.  It started as a discussion about Halloween costumes but quickly changed.  Here is the link to that discussion.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
books4life48
0 Kudos

Hey. My name is Leia. This board doesn't have an age requirement right? I hope not. If it does.then I guess that this will be the last time I post something on this board. If not, then I will be showing my "face" around here more often. Hope that's o.k. with yall. :B Lol. So um yah. I think that's it.

~Yes*We*Have*No*Bananas~ XD
Distinguished Wordsmith
crzynwrd4lf
0 Kudos

books4life48 wrote:

Hey. My name is Leia. This board doesn't have an age requirement right? I hope not. If it does.then I guess that this will be the last time I post something on this board. If not, then I will be showing my "face" around here more often. Hope that's o.k. with yall. :B Lol. So um yah. I think that's it.

Books4life-

I don't think there's an age requirement and if there is no one cares I don't think. I've only been on the boards for a few weeks and everyones been great! Welcome and enjoy the boards!

Kayla

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four/ she's coming for you now, you better lock the door"-- Promise Not To Tell
Distinguished Wordsmith
crzynwrd4lf
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

I don't think so.  I think most cartoons today are crap, inlcuding the one you mentioned.  Now I did enjoy the Simpsons when they were came on but haven't watched the show in years.  When I say years I mean over 15.

Now the Looney Toons were great but I'm partial to the cartoons from the 80s.  We actually had a very long discussion on the Paranormal/Urban Fantasy board about our favorite cartoons.  It started as a discussion about Halloween costumes but quickly changed.  Here is the link to that discussion.

Okay I'm in my early twenties and I have to say the little kids shows aside from old school cartoons suck! My favorite cartoon was Tom and Jerry, and I think I stopped watching cartoon network and nickelodeon when Sponge Bob square pants started. The shows are too weird though I was partial to Blues Clues when I watched my little cousin.

I wasn't allowed to watch the Simpsons and I don't have a reason to tune in now, so I have no comment about that. Has anyone seen some of the Adult Swim shows on Cartoon network? I can't belive some of shows they put on there.

Kayla

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four/ she's coming for you now, you better lock the door"-- Promise Not To Tell
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

crzynwrd4lf wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

Okay I'm in my early twenties and I have to say the little kids shows aside from old school cartoons suck! My favorite cartoon was Tom and Jerry, and I think I stopped watching cartoon network and nickelodeon when Sponge Bob square pants started. The shows are too weird though I was partial to Blues Clues when I watched my little cousin.

I wasn't allowed to watch the Simpsons and I don't have a reason to tune in now, so I have no comment about that. Has anyone seen some of the Adult Swim shows on Cartoon network? I can't belive some of shows they put on there.

Kayla

I like some of the stuff from Adult Swim, but they do mean adult.

And as for the child carttons these days, about 60% crap with 40% cream. And as always half or more of the jokes are for the adults. But have you not seen Chowder? Great stuff there.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

books4life48 wrote:

You have to be 13 years old or older to use these boards or any other parts of BN.com.

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
New User
Tamam
0 Kudos

Hi, I was wondering if this forum would be a good place for artists to discuss what they are reading / watching as to how it informs their artmaking.  Or, if not, is there a discussion you can direct me to that is more appropriate?

Thanks!

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Tamam wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if this forum would be a good place for artists to discuss what they are reading / watching as to how it informs their artmaking.  Or, if not, is there a discussion you can direct me to that is more appropriate?

Thanks!

Yes, ok sure.

Just make a new thread for it.

New User
Tamam
0 Kudos

TiggerBear,

Are you sure?  You seem tentative.  If it would really be more appropriate under another heading, please say so.

Thanks.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Tamam wrote:

TiggerBear,

Are you sure?  You seem tentative.  If it would really be more appropriate under another heading, please say so.

Thanks.

Oh I don't mind. I left it open for a mod to say yes or no. Since no mod has come forward, go for it.

Frequent Contributor
Gnomadic
0 Kudos

Hello, I am new to this board but it looks like a great place to come and find out about new stuff, discuss old favorites, and everything in between.  I have been lurking on the paranormal board a bit but hope to find a place here as well :smileyhappy: Nice to meet everyone!

Gnomad

When you find yourself falling into the seas of madness, DIVE!
Contributor
RaphyelMJordan

Kay, so I was born and raised in the mid 80s (85 to be exact), so I grew up on things like Ghostbusters, He-Man, G.I. Joe, and Thundercats (Hoooooooooooo!)

I still got my kicks out of watching the Bugs Bunny And Tweety show on Saturday mornings though, so I know a little something about cartoons like Looney Toons, Tome & Jerry, and all that jazz.

The new stuff they have on tv just doesn't carry that same magic. And, as far as Southpark and Family Guy are concerned, Iiiiiiiiiiiie don't think those cartoons were meant to be kid friendly anyways. Don't really watch either of them anyway. Oh well, "they just don't make them the way they used to." ^_^

Prossia

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle
Correspondent
lesnes
0 Kudos

Hello I am new to this board... usually I am at the romance or paranormal/urban fantasy. Though to try this out.

Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

lesnes wrote:

Hello I am new to this board... usually I am at the romance or paranormal/urban fantasy. Though to try this out.

I'm new to this board too- I spend most of my time on paranormal/urban fantasy as well; but I've been branching out lately :smileyvery-happy:   I got a NOOKcolor for Christmas and can't get enough of NookBooks or these book clubs!  

Anyway, thought I'd check out the A&E boards.

Happy Reading!

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
New User
nerd456
0 Kudos

I saw "Let Me In" on saturday,I was VERY disappionted that it's mostly a bloody romance rather than a horror movie

New User
nerd456
0 Kudos

I Don't want to see the "Justin Bieber" movie.HE is a bad singer,sounds like a girl,and doesn't write good songs.      (P.S My Friend Thinks He's Gay)                                                   SORRY JUSTIN BIEBER FANS

New User
nerd456
0 Kudos

Hi Leia, I'm Nerd456.I hope they dont have age restrictions either only i would probably stop using this website.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

nerd456 wrote:

Hi Leia, I'm Nerd456.I hope they dont have age restrictions either only i would probably stop using this website.

This site? 15 and up. Though their are a few under that around.