Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

You're welcome.:smileyhappy:

TiggerBear

Ok it's only a teaser but...

Eclipse

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2422342681/
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

Have to admit, I enjoy these films for the eye candy (Lautner) if nothing else.  :smileyhappy:

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

I want to see the new Sex and the City movie when it comes out.  I went to see the last one with two girlfriends, and afterwards we went to Friday's to eat, and I almost felt like Carrie and her friends.  I just had to drink something special, and discovered mojitos - yum!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

I want to see the new Sex and the City movie when it comes out.  I went to see the last one with two girlfriends, and afterwards we went to Friday's to eat, and I almost felt like Carrie and her friends.  I just had to drink something special, and discovered mojitos - yum!

I had a mojito once, all I could taste was rum.

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

I had a mojito once, all I could taste was rum.

Well, rum is my favorite liquor, so it tastes good to me!  But if you couldn't taste the mint, too, they didn't make it right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Ok it's only a teaser but...

Eclipse

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2422342681/

TBear.It was really Haunting for me,my daughter said she would go see it with me..Lautner is not my Favorite its always been Edward...Its from my Ann Rice Days,,,Team Bella..,Vtc  Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Peppermill

Who has seen The Girl with the Dragoon Tattoo yet?

What was your opinion of it?

(We thought it was very difficult to watch at times (brutal, ...), but the actors and acting were superb, and the screenplay captured much more of the novel than we expected to be possible within the time constraints of the media.  Even the changes we considered to be in character with the original plot line.  We also felt there were scenes that were much more meaningful than they would have been if one had not read the book, i.e., some things from the book were played by a lifted eyebrow or a look that would not have been comprehensible in the same way.  We did not mind the subtitles.  With the popularity of the book, we were surprised at the smallness of the theatre and the audience.)

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Inspired Scribe
IBIS

Girl With Dragon Tattoo

Pepper, I found the Swedish adaptation of “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" well done. The main character, Lisbeth Salander, is so intense that I worried that the actress portraying her would be unconvincing. But Noomi Rapace did a fine job. 

I liked the cinematography... it gave the film a beautiful, somber tone …the ice and snow of Sweden in winter…  a stark color palette that captured the story's cold, emotional tone.

I found it to be a very visual film --- the main characters’ detective work involved old police reports, newspaper clippings, family photos, corporate expense receipts. Lots of information is conveyed via images …

I loved the elegance of Blomkvist’s scanning old negatives: grainy shots of Harriet, in the crowd at a parade,… when blown up and placed in quick sequence, they suddenly became a mini-movie.

Both the editing and the music rattle along at quite a clip, and even patches of dogged research whip by quickly. It’s hard to believe that I just sat through 2-and-a-half-hour film.

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
New User
xTRIGGER092x
0 Kudos

Re: Girl With Dragon Tattoo

I personally can't wait for Kick-Ass. I have the comic and it's a blast to read, and the movie is getting critical and fan acclaim, said to be even better than the comic, so I'm stoked.

Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: Girl With Dragon Tattoo

[ Edited ]

The main character, Lisbeth Salander, is so intense that I worried that the actress portraying her would be unconvincing. But Noomi Rapace did a fine job.

I should think this will be a fine boost to her career.

I liked the cinematography... it gave the film a beautiful, somber tone …the ice and snow of Sweden in winter…  a stark color palette that captured the story's cold, emotional tone.

I didn't think about that -- but so true.  Thanks for pointing it out.

I liked the way all Blomkvist's affairs in the book were handled by a knowing smile, a caring look, a minute longer delay, even a refused invitation in the movie, where it would have been virtually impossible to fit them together.  I also thought the character of Plague was well cast.  Also, Henry.

IBIS wrote:

Pepper, I found the Swedish adaptation of “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" well done. The main character, Lisbeth Salander, is so intense that I worried that the actress portraying her would be unconvincing. But Noomi Rapace did a fine job. 

I found it to be a very visual film --- the main characters’ detective work involved old police reports, newspaper clippings, family photos, corporate expense receipts. Lots of information is conveyed via images …

I loved the elegance of Blomkvist’s scanning old negatives: grainy shots of Harriet, in the crowd at a parade,… when blown up and placed in quick sequence, they suddenly became a mini-movie.

Both the editing and the music rattle along at quite a clip, and even patches of dogged research whip by quickly. It’s hard to believe that I just sat through 2-and-a-half-hour film.

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
TiggerBear

I absolutely LOVE this director's films. I sooo waiting with baited breath for this one.

MicMacs

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2588476441/
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Saw this trailer the other day, made me laugh more than the comedy it was attached to.

Dinner for Schmucks

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1874069273/

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Yes it's based on the book. Sorry if the comercial is still attached.

Eat, Pray, Love

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2840790041/

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

These are always the cream of zombie action movies.

Resident Evil: Afterlife

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2628781849/

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

I absolutely LOVE this director's films. I sooo waiting with baited breath for this one.

MicMacs

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2588476441/

To Our Resident A&E.  Aficionado...T,Bear..This is a Must See for me..Will try and locate here in Vt..But probably will be showing by my daughter in Latham NY Tks  Vtc.

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Wordsmith
crzynwrd4lf
0 Kudos

Looking forward to The Host!

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four/ she's coming for you now, you better lock the door"-- Promise Not To Tell
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ok they sucked me in. The movie the upcoming A-Team SHOULD have been.

The Losers

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi894043161/
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

The premise not so good, but the performance I think wins out.

Letters to Juliet

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2934506521/

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

This movie left me feeling incredibly pumped, happy (funny movie), and wanting a copy to take home with me! Wonderful ride, go hop on.