Reply
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

 

TiggerBear wrote:

 

TiggerBear wrote:

 

This movie left me feeling incredibly pumped, happy (funny movie), and wanting a copy to take home with me! Wonderful ride, go hop on.

 

 

 

I know that parents are in an UPROAR..but kids will get to see the Movie..One way or another..Everybodys fantasy.Funny Cast of Characters..Thanks TBear  Suze...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
Posts: 743
Registered: ‎05-27-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

Well, this isn't a theatrical release, but I'm really excited by the prospect! 

 

Pillars of the Earth on STARZ for an eight-hour mini-series in July 2010.

 

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

 

TiggerBear wrote:

 

TiggerBear wrote:

 

This movie left me feeling incredibly pumped, happy (funny movie), and wanting a copy to take home with me! Wonderful ride, go hop on.

 

 

 

I thought you,pen21 and others might appreciate this                spiritedaway.com   movie by Hisao.Miyazaki..posted on  murderiseverywhere.blogspot.com and darkroastedblend.com   From what i saw it was beautiful....Suze...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

I added Spirited Away to my Netflix queue.

Looks interesting. pen21

 

Vermontcozy wrote:

 

TiggerBear wrote:

 

TiggerBear wrote:

 

This movie left me feeling incredibly pumped, happy (funny movie), and wanting a copy to take home with me! Wonderful ride, go hop on.

 

 

 

I thought you,pen21 and others might appreciate this                spiritedaway.com   movie by Hisao.Miyazaki..posted on  murderiseverywhere.blogspot.com and darkroastedblend.com   From what i saw it was beautiful....Suze...

 

 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

 

pen21 wrote:

I added Spirited Away to my Netflix queue.

Looks interesting. pen21

 

Vermontcozy wrote:

 

TiggerBear wrote:

 

TiggerBear wrote:

 

This movie left me feeling incredibly pumped, happy (funny movie), and wanting a copy to take home with me! Wonderful ride, go hop on.

 

 

 

I thought you,pen21 and others might appreciate this                spiritedaway.com   movie by Hisao.Miyazaki..posted on  murderiseverywhere.blogspot.com and darkroastedblend.com   From what i saw it was beautiful....Suze...

 

 

 

Glad  my daughter and ken like That genre   if you haven't seen darkroastedblend.com..its a scifi.steampunk very interesting..Tim H..of MIE..who posted it on MIE along with clip of Spirited Away.....Its very retro/amusement Parks etc.he is very into it.....Whatever MIE says to Have  a look,I try to,or just save it....because they are so 'Out There"in a very good way..Lots to learn..BTW..BBT...Suze..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

 

Vermontcozy wrote:

 

pen21 wrote:

I added Spirited Away to my Netflix queue.

Looks interesting. pen21

 

Vermontcozy wrote:

 


 

I thought you,pen21 and others might appreciate this                spiritedaway.com   movie by Hisao.Miyazaki..posted on  murderiseverywhere.blogspot.com and darkroastedblend.com   From what i saw it was beautiful....Suze...

 

 

 

Glad  my daughter and ken like That genre   if you haven't seen darkroastedblend.com..its a scifi.steampunk very interesting..Tim H..of MIE..who posted it on MIE along with clip of Spirited Away.....Its very retro/amusement Parks etc.he is very into it.....Whatever MIE says to Have  a look,I try to,or just save it....because they are so 'Out There"in a very good way..Lots to learn..BTW..BBT...Suze..

 

That would be

Spirited Away  (chuckle) I'm a Miyazaki fan-nut. Of course I've seen it.:smileytongue: Actually I wouldn't call it Steampunk. Miyazaki has a heavy nostalgia for his childhood era machinery and then his obsession with flying. Between the 2 there's nearly always a clockwork/plane/train/ect mixed in. Even in

My Neighbor Totoro   you've got the cat bus. However if you want a more strong Miyazaki Steampunk feel go with

Howl's Moving Castle

 

 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

Spirited Away  (chuckle) I'm a Miyazaki fan-nut. Of course I've seen it.:smileytongue: Actually I wouldn't call it Steampunk. M...My Neighbor Totoro   you've got the cat bus. However if you want a more strong Miyazaki Steampunk feel go withHowl's Moving Castle  Thats  where The Amusement Parks are..Have a look..And some other stuff..i guess i should watch one..At my daughters...or get netflix..like the rest of the world...Suze.....

TiggerBear wrote:

 

Vermontcozy wrote:

 

pen21 wrote:

I added Spirited Away to my Netflix queue.

Looks interesting. pen21

 

Vermontcozy wrote:

 


 

I thought you,pen21 and others might appreciate this                spiritedaway.com   movie by Hisao.Miyazaki..posted on  murderiseverywhere.blogspot.com and darkroastedblend.com   From what i saw it was beautiful....Suze...

 

 

 

Glad  my daughter and ken like That genre   if you haven't seen darkroastedblend.com..its a scifi.steampunk very interesting..Tim H..of MIE..who posted it on MIE along with clip of Spirited Away.....Its very retro/amusement Parks etc.he is very into it.....Whatever MIE says to Have  a look,I try to,or just save it....because they are so 'Out There"in a very good way..Lots to learn..BTW..BBT...Suze..

 

That would be

 

 

 

 

 

 

www.darkroastedblend.com

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

Suze,

I got Netflix one winter, just to try it for a few months, my son had a coupon for one free month.

I found that I really like it. I don't need to buy or rent.

I just go online, pick something, have a few I want in some kind of order.

They show up in my mailbox.

I do stream Netflix to my TV also, they have a lot of choices there if I run out of things to watch.

pen21

 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

 

pen21 wrote:

Suze,

I got Netflix one winter, just to try it for a few months, my son had a coupon for one free month.

I found that I really like it. I don't need to buy or rent.

I just go online, pick something, have a few I want in some kind of order.

They show up in my mailbox.

I do stream Netflix to my TV also, they have a lot of choices there if I run out of things to watch.

pen21

 

 

Hi KPPP..Yes its a good idea for me.My daughter has been trying for a while for me to hook up to it..I do see coupons online all the time...For that one month free..It would work well for me soon When my hrs pick up and have evenings to relax..Spring and summer..Thanks ..But I am in a meeting with "The Boys from New Jersey"investors...They are negotiating..Like new pics..Love your "Cupcakes"The Mimosa Cafe"...maxcat knitted them each a scarf..Wish me Luck..,Your Friend and Manager..Suze..Will leave Debga Message on PC..About "Her Sheriff"..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
Posts: 3,648
Registered: ‎03-23-2009
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

Copied from the Mystery Board. The author Erin Hart is visiting and mentioned this film.

I am looking forward to this movie. pen21

 

Just thought everyone might be interested to know that Irish director Neil Jordan (THE CRYING GAME, MICHAEL COLLINS, THE END OF THE AFFAIR) has just released a film called ONDINE, starring Colin Farrell as an Irish fisherman catching a young woman in his net who may or may not be a mermaid...

 

Here's the IMDB listing:

 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1235796/

 

 

And a link to a review from Variety:

 

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117941098.html?categoryid=2863&cs=1

 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

 

pen21 wrote:

Copied from the Mystery Board. The author Erin Hart is visiting and mentioned this film.

I am looking forward to this movie. pen21

 

Just thought everyone might be interested to know that Irish director Neil Jordan (THE CRYING GAME, MICHAEL COLLINS, THE END OF THE AFFAIR) has just released a film called ONDINE, starring Colin Farrell as an Irish fisherman catching a young woman in his net who may or may not be a mermaid...

 

Here's the IMDB listing:

 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1235796/

 

 

And a link to a review from Variety:

 

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117941098.html?categoryid=2863&cs=1

 

 

I would definately see this movie..I love the story,and Colin Farrell.. I guess netflix is in my future...Thanks for the links..Will post on Erins as well..Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Frequent Contributor
tree_lover
Posts: 158
Registered: ‎09-08-2009
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

I was looking forward to Robin Hood and saw it yesterday.  It was very disappointing and extremely long.  They didn't even get the story right.  It wasn't the worse movie I have seen but it did leave me thinking that maybe we should have gone to see the "A Team"  Love Iron Man 2 and found "The Losers" pretty entertaining.

 

Looking forward to "The Last Airbender".

 

liz

http://nygirltrustnoone.blogspot.com/
Contributor
PhDrSeuss
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎08-03-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

Alice in Wonderland. It just came out a few days ago and i have an order waitin for me at a B&N store. i plan on pickin it up tomorrow. i have been waiting for this to be out on DVD. it sure aint take its time doin so.

Alice in Wonderland   

PhDrSeuss
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

 

PhDrSeuss wrote:

Alice in Wonderland. It just came out a few days ago and i have an order waitin for me at a B&N store. i plan on pickin it up tomorrow. i have been waiting for this to be out on DVD. it sure aint take its time doin so.

Alice in Wonderland   

 

 

Good one, saw it in the theater and got a copy fri.

 

Correspondent
southrnbella
Posts: 137
Registered: ‎06-06-2010
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

im excited to see inception...it just looks wicked...when i went to see A*team they had a preview and seeing it on the big screen i was literally jaw dropped...

 

..also the sorcerer's app....and takers....

 

i also cant wait for the new wes craven movie my soul to take...hopefully it will be out for halloween....

 

and i know harry potter doesnt come out till nov but im very thrilled for that...

 

 

Peace n Page Turners
http://live2lovebooks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
Posts: 743
Registered: ‎05-27-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

 


southrnbella wrote:

im excited to see inception...it just looks wicked...when i went to see A*team they had a preview and seeing it on the big screen i was literally jaw dropped...

 

..also the sorcerer's app....and takers....

 

i also cant wait for the new wes craven movie my soul to take...hopefully it will be out for halloween....

 

and i know harry potter doesnt come out till nov but im very thrilled for that...

 

 


 

 

I'm with you completely on "Inception" - such a great director/writer in Christopher Nolan.  My husband and I would see anything he does.

 

I also cannot WAIT for Harry Poter 7.1 in November.  I saw Eclipse last week and thrilled at the preview.  SO GREAT!!!  *jumping up and down*

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?

Now I was wondering, what took them so long.

 

Vampires Suck

 

 

 
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3717727769/
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: What MOVIES are you looking forward to?