Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Inspired Wordsmith
harleyhoney
0 Kudos

That looks like a good one, TiggerBear.

Today I listening to two great ladies of American music, Odetta and Patsy Cline.

Sings Ballads and Blues 

Anytime 

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Nancy

TiggerBear wrote:
Abnormally Attracted to Sin 

"Somebody said they saw me swinging the world by the tail, bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues."
Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley
Performed by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus on RAISING SAND
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I am listening to two Loreena Mckennitt CDs today.  Both CDs are good but each CD has one of my favorties poems set to music.  The Visit has The Lady of Shalott by Alfred, Lord Tennyson and Book of Secrets has The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes.

Visit [Enhanced] 

Book of Secrets [Enhanced] 

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

I am listening to Cold Cell, from the album Ape of Naples by phenomenal industrial/electronic/avante garde act, Coil. This album is their last album, sadly Jhonn Balance died in 2004.

Here are the lyrics to the song:

O Lord, save my sinful soul
From local punishment
From the far-away zone
From being frisked
From the tall fence
From the severe prosecutor
From the Devil or from the devil owner
From small rations
From dirty water
From steel handcuffs
From hidden obligations
A cold cell
And short haircuts
Save us from the death penalty
Amen
Amen
Amen 

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

I'm listening to a playlist on my Ipod that includes the albums:

Goodbye Blues by The Hush Sound

A Fever You Can't Sweat Out by Panic(!) At The Disco

This War Is Ours by Escape the Fate

For Never and Ever by Kill Hannah

THe Question by Emery

step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
dulcinea3

I'm listening to

Definitive Collection  by Steely Dan.  I liked them, but wasn't into them that much back then, but they do really form a part of the backdrop of my college days, so I love it now.

I did listen to Annie Lennox' Bare the night before last, and it just doesn't really grab me the way her first two albums did.  Last night I listened to Songs of Mass Destruction, and that is much better (IMO, anyway).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 965
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

Flimspotting Episode#261: Away We Go/Drag Me to Hell/Mean Streets/Top 5 Performances by TV Stars

Adam and Matty are pretty cool!

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

I'm listening to Get Set Go'sOrdinary World  
A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Paul_Hochman

True. Steely Dan is certainly a mood much more than the music itself. Does that make sense to anyone besides me? 

dulcinea3 wrote:
I'm listening to

Definitive Collection  by Steely Dan.  I liked them, but wasn't into them that much back then, but they do really form a part of the backdrop of my college days, so I love it now.

I did listen to Annie Lennox' Bare the night before last, and it just doesn't really grab me the way her first two albums did.  Last night I listened to Songs of Mass Destruction, and that is much better (IMO, anyway).

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

I'm listening to Sia's brilliant pop hit "The Girl You Lost to Cocaine"

The video is wonderful:

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Whoa. She may have mixed in some acid too...

Jon_B wrote:
I'm listening to Sia's brilliant pop hit "The Girl You Lost to Cocaine"

TiggerBear

harleyhoney wrote:

That looks like a good one, TiggerBear.

TiggerBear wrote:
Abnormally Attracted to Sin 

It's way much better than the reviewers are giving it. Skip the reviews and listen to yourself sometime. I think it's her best in 5 years.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ladytron

Witching Hour 

wow, that's a tough to read cover.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:
I'm listening to

"Bodhisattva" 'Do it Again"   Gives me goosebumps....Must have had a good time  .
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

I know this sounds really strange, but right now I'm obsessed with Rammstein. (they're a german metal group.)

Herzeleid 

The persons of their world lived in an atmosphere of faint implications and pale delicacies, and the fact that he and she understood each other without a word seemed to the young man to bring them nearer than any explanation would have done.
-The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ryan_G

Thriller [25th Anniversary Edition]  

I bought this CD the day it came out.  Thriller is still one of the best albums ever produces and one of the top selling albums of all time. With songs like:  P.Y.T      Beat It     Billie Jean    Wanna Be Startin' Something    

how can you go wrong.  Then, of course, there is the Thriller Video.  Which is still in my opinion the best music video of all time.

Now on this Anniversay edition of the CD there are 5 remakes of songs done by artists like will.i.am, Akon, Fergie, and Kanye West.  I'm not overly fond of some of them but they are ok.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Ryan_G wrote:

Thriller [25th Anniversary Edition]  

I bought this CD the day it came out.  Thriller is still one of the best albums ever produces and one of the top selling albums of all time. With songs like:  P.Y.T      Beat It     Billie Jean    Wanna Be Startin' Something    

how can you go wrong.  Then, of course, there is the Thriller Video.  Which is still in my opinion the best music video of all time.

Now on this Anniversay edition of the CD there are 5 remakes of songs done by artists like will.i.am, Akon, Fergie, and Kanye West.  I'm not overly fond of some of them but they are ok.

Whatever people may think of MJ,you can't take his music away from him....Now I have "Billie Jean" singing in my head Vtc...
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Javier 

One of my favorite albums.  The song Crazy is my favorite for the CD.