Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

B&N Bookseller
BriannaCullen

Re: What are you listening to right now?

I am currently really into:

Michael Buble Meets Madison Square Garden [CD/DVD] 

We love this so much, we added it to our in-store play at the store and everyone loves it. We all love to dance to the fast songs and kind of sway to the slow songs. Michael knows how to do it right. :smileyhappy: If you don't have this one, pick it up. You won't regret it. :smileyvery-happy: He's such a goofball with the audience.

Chess in Concert: Live From Royal Albert Hall 

This concert was brilliantly done and I'm so in love with all the songs. I currently have "Nobody's Side" in my head all the time lol. It's an awesome song. Also love "Anthem" by Josh Groban. I'm a huge fan of his and he was the reason I even listened to the concert in the first place. :smileyvery-happy: Whole thing is great once you get into it.

Musicseller who loves Josh Groban, Twilight, and all music! :smileyvery-happy:
Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Currently listening to "Chiral", some great dubstep-ish (but faster) electronic by Boxcutter, off his second album:

Glyphic 

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

For some reason my iTunes decided to play two songs it almost never does when it is on random shuffle.  And don't ask why I like these two songs cause I'm not sure I could every truly explain them.

Justified & Ancient from KLF w/ Tammy Wynette

Juke Joint Jezebel from KMFDM

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Ryan_G

To Love Again  

Just picked it up tonight and since I saw it at the store for $9.  Already loving it.  For some reason the night I just want to chill out and relax his CDs are the few I tend to gravitate to.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

For some reason my iTunes decided to play two songs it almost never does when it is on random shuffle.  And don't ask why I like these two songs cause I'm not sure I could every truly explain them.

Justified & Ancient from KLF w/ Tammy Wynette

Juke Joint Jezebel from KMFDM

Haha, Juke Joint Jezebel is a great song!  It's got such a catchy chorus, I always feel compelled to sing along.  KMFDM were such a ridiculous band.

I'm currently listening to 4 Tomorrow by Killah Priest, off his seventh album:

Behind the Stained Glass 

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
TiggerBear

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15

Thriller [25th Anniversary Edition]  

The DVD that comes with this is awesome!  I miss being able to watch actual music videos.  MTV just isn't the same anymore.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
New User
Candace-Jenal
0 Kudos

The Smiths,Bob Dylan,America,Zepplin,The Fray,Snow Patrol,SeX Pistols,Morrissey,KMK,Atreyu,Thursday,Dashboard Confessional,Rush,etc...

I have a wide range of Music!!

"There is a Light that never goes out"-The Smiths
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Riot! 
Frequent Contributor
Rabid_Reader
0 Kudos

I am currently listening to Blue October's newest album "Approaching Normal," and I recommend that anyone who hasn't heard it or any other music by them should go listen to it immediately. Not only is the music pleasing to the ear, but the lyrics actually have meaning and have a very poetic quality.

Rabid_Reader

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Since I'm going to be in the car all day as I run errands, I will be listening to NPR.  It has gotten to be the only radio station I listen to anymore as all the music stations are too repetitive for me.  Today I will be looking forward to the Diane Rehm Show, who in my opinion is the smartest woman in radio.

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Definitive Collection  

That's not actually the one I'm listening to - I'm listening to the Gold collection, which is a great line of 2-disc sets, but the Definitive Collection series is also a good one that I have multiple entries from.

I saw Gladys Knight live at a PeopleSoft user conference that I went to in New Orleans.  I think there was one Pip there!  Originally, Aretha Franklin had been announced as the main act at the closing party, but Knight was substituted at the last minute.  I was ok with that, because I had actually seen Franklin earlier that year, and had never seen Knight live.  (At the previous and only other user conference I had gone to, also in New Orleans, I saw Earth, Wind, and Fire!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
harleyhoney
0 Kudos

I'm going way, way back today.  Then after the CD's finished, I put Rave On on repeat for about half hour.  There are just some artists and songs that remind me of summertime.

Buddy Holly [US Bonus Tracks] 

Nancy

"Somebody said they saw me swinging the world by the tail, bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues."
Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley
Performed by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus on RAISING SAND
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Wordsmith
Zack_Kullis
0 Kudos

I am listening to "Komm Susser Tod" by Eisbrecher. 

Suende [Bonus Tracks] 

Sic volvere Parcas...
Contributor
DinosaurBess
0 Kudos

"Lord of the Rings" music -- epic! -- "The Fields of Pelenor" (mostly heard during the Battle of Pelenor Fields scenes in the third movie)

Too bad we can't know what Tolkien would think of it. R.I.P. J.R.R.

"Not all those who wander are lost . . ."
-- Bilbo Baggins before well nigh insulting doubtful Boromir
Little people rule!
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

New York Dolls   
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer