Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos
dulcinea3

Re: What are you listening to?

Christmas Cornucopia  

Christmas Eve and Other Stories  

Christmas Attic  

Lost Christmas Eve  

I Wanna Be Santa Claus  

Cool Yule  

Christmas Celebration  

Very Special Christmas  

Christmas Celebration  

Memories of Christmas  

Beach Boys' Christmas Album  

Time-Life Treasury of Christmas  

I love Straight No Chaser!

Last week I bought Annie Lennox' CD.  And of course I have been listening to a smorgasbord of Christmas albums, especially the TSO albums.  Above is a sampling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I actually bought four of those albums this year....Both Straight No Chaser cds, Barbra Streisand, and Michael Buble.

The Annie Lennox album is fantastic.

dulcinea3 wrote:

Christmas Cornucopia  

Christmas Eve and Other Stories  

Christmas Attic  

Lost Christmas Eve  

I Wanna Be Santa Claus  

Cool Yule  

Christmas Celebration  

Very Special Christmas  

Christmas Celebration  

Memories of Christmas  

Beach Boys' Christmas Album  

Time-Life Treasury of Christmas  

I love Straight No Chaser!

Last week I bought Annie Lennox' CD.  And of course I have been listening to a smorgasbord of Christmas albums, especially the TSO albums.  Above is a sampling.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
New User
LostinNarration
0 Kudos

Sleeping at last.  A beautiful sound. Whimsical yet mysterious. Great to read to or whatever your pleasure.

Correspondent
bookwormmom4
0 Kudos

Adele -21Discovered Adele about 6 weeks before the Grammy Awards.  Her voice is amazing.  The pitch she uses when she sings along with the instrumental accompaniment keeps me listening over and over again.  Evidently, I'm not the only one who feels this way since Adele took home 6 Grammy awards.

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up" Mark Twain
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Godspell [Original Off-Off-Broadway Cast]  

Jazz  

Project Runway did a challenge for a costume for a new production of Godspell, so I just had to pull out the CD and listen to it.  Then I watched the movie Paul, starring the hilarious Simon Pegg, and I was thinking about Shaun of the Dead and the scene where they kill the zombies to Queen's Don't Stop Me Now, so I had to listen to that, too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

I had not been listening much except radio. Even that mostly informational. I am trying to get back into music. Thanks for this thread.

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Dance Collection  

Alpocalypse   

I'm listening to Donna Summer (RIP).  I loved dancing to her hits back in the disco days!  The Anthology has a lot of later stuff I didn't know (apparently she went through a reggae period, too), and I had to get the Dance Collection in order to get the full-length version of No More Tears, with Barbra Streisand, which is my favorite.

I haven't bought a lot of new CDs lately, but I did get Weird Al's latest, and also a 2-disc set of baroque music, which I like to listen to when I go to bed.

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I don't know the Donna Summer song with Streisand so I will have to see if it's on youtube.

dulcinea3 wrote:

Dance Collection  

Alpocalypse   

I'm listening to Donna Summer (RIP).  I loved dancing to her hits back in the disco days!  The Anthology has a lot of later stuff I didn't know (apparently she went through a reggae period, too), and I had to get the Dance Collection in order to get the full-length version of No More Tears, with Barbra Streisand, which is my favorite.

I haven't bought a lot of new CDs lately, but I did get Weird Al's latest, and also a 2-disc set of baroque music, which I like to listen to when I go to bed.

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

I don't know the Donna Summer song with Streisand so I will have to see if it's on youtube.

I hope you find it, because it's great!!!

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Best of Bee Gees  

Best of Bee Gees, Vol. 2  

Main Course  

Saturday Night Fever [Remastered]  

Still Waters   

RIP Robin Gibb.  First Donna Summer, and now one of the Bee Gees - disco is losing some of its greatest. :catsad:

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

It's sad right now

dulcinea3 wrote:

Best of Bee Gees  

Best of Bee Gees, Vol. 2  

Main Course  

Saturday Night Fever [Remastered]  

Still Waters   

RIP Robin Gibb.  First Donna Summer, and now one of the Bee Gees - disco is losing some of its greatest. :catsad:

New User
ellejayswan
0 Kudos

I enjoy listening to canadian singer and crooner Michael Buble'.  He is soo good that I listen to him whenever my ear buds are hooked to my nook. ellejayswan

Darkkin
0 Kudos

My Head Is an Animal 

Snow White & the Huntsman 

In the Time of Gods    

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Ryan_G
0 Kudos
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

The Les Miserables soundtrack.

Les Miserables (Movie Tie-In Edition)  

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

16 Strokes: The Best of Billy Squier  

Greatest Kiss  

New User
Manateeluver
0 Kudos

Actually, I'm currently listening to a playlist of all of One Direction's songs on YouTube. :smileyhappy:

Now what?
dulcinea3

Night Ranger's Greatest Hits  

Ballads