Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: What are you listening to?

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Legendary Songs of Don McLean  

Don McLean did a concert at my college while I was an undergraduate.  It was fantastic!

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Frequent Contributor
WendyLBastaltane
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there is an MP3 audio e-book available for Exposing the Hidden Things?  MP3 format preferably..

Exposing The Hidden Things by Jerome Christopher King: Book Cover

dulcinea3

basson_mommy12 wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

Legendary Songs of Don McLean  

Don McLean did a concert at my college while I was an undergraduate.  It was fantastic!

That's cool, Ruth!  I'm trying to remember who came to my college.  I do remember seeing Liv Taylor, double-bill with someone else - Jesse Colin Young, or something like that?  And Aztec Two-Step.  I missed Bonnie Raitt when she came.

From looking at what I posted at the start of my last work week, I'm sensing a trend after I get back from the weekend.  Once again, it's

Axe Victim [Bonus Tracks] 

My at-work listening is a bit more repetitive than it used to be, because I've been loading CDs into iTunes, so I'm mostly listening to the 50 or so albums I've loaded so far.  Next, I'm going to load some Motown stuff.

Yesterday I was listening to

Beethoven's Last Night 

Night Castle  

(got them loaded here at work, too)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

IRM

Frequent Contributor
MrsWaki
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
CAshkova
0 Kudos

Nice TiggerBear

The one and only book worm :smileyhappy:
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

CAshkova wrote:

Nice TiggerBear

Yeah it got recomended to me in a backhanded way. I'm glad I checked it out.

dulcinea3

Bigger, Better, Faster, More!  

And, I currently have the following grouped and on Shuffle:

Greatest Hits [UK Bonus Tracks]  

Peace [Bonus Tracks]  

Diva  

Medusa  

Songs of Mass Destruction  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Head First

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

On the Third Day [Bonus Tracks]  

Face the Music [Bonus Tracks]  

New World Record [Bonus Tracks]  

From Genesis to Revelation [Varèse Sarabande]  

Trespass  

Nursery Cryme  

Although my copies of On the Third Day and From Genesis to Revelation don't look anything like those.  The ELO one looks like the original LP cover:

BTW, I was watching a profile of Genesis the other day, and saw that there are a series of box sets out, with all the albums doubled up.  Has anybody actually checked them out?  Are they worth it?  I have all the individual CDs already, and the first 'Archives' set.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Baby 81

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

On the Third Day [Bonus Tracks]  

Face the Music [Bonus Tracks]  

New World Record [Bonus Tracks]  

From Genesis to Revelation [Varèse Sarabande]  

Trespass  

Nursery Cryme  

Although my copies of On the Third Day and From Genesis to Revelation don't look anything like those.  The ELO one looks like the original LP cover:

BTW, I was watching a profile of Genesis the other day, and saw that there are a series of box sets out, with all the albums doubled up.  Has anybody actually checked them out?  Are they worth it?  I have all the individual CDs already, and the first 'Archives' set.

Ok people of my generation find this amusing. I realized one day that all the Beatles's songs I liked, were actually done by ELO.

As to Genesis box sets, if you have the originals on CD don't bother. The remastering isn't noticeable and there's a complete lack of bonus material. My nephew was highly disappointed.

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Ok people of my generation find this amusing. I realized one day that all the Beatles's songs I liked, were actually done by ELO.

As to Genesis box sets, if you have the originals on CD don't bother. The remastering isn't noticeable and there's a complete lack of bonus material. My nephew was highly disappointed.

And then you get the best of both worlds - The Traveling Wilburys, with both George Harrison and Jeff Lynne!  (with a few other insignificant artists, named Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, and Tom Petty...)

I'm surprised to hear about the boxed sets, because they appeared to have an almost excessive amount of bonus material.  For every album, there are two discs, and there are supposed to be a lot of interviews and DVD stuff.  Are these the ones he has?

Genesis 1970-1975 

Genesis: 1976-1982  

1983-1998 [5CD/5DVD]  

Live 1973-2007 [8 CD/3 DVD]  

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

And then you get the best of both worlds - The Traveling Wilburys, with both George Harrison and Jeff Lynne!  (with a few other insignificant artists, named Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, and Tom Petty...)

I'm surprised to hear about the boxed sets, because they appeared to have an almost excessive amount of bonus material.  For every album, there are two discs, and there are supposed to be a lot of interviews and DVD stuff.  Are these the ones he has?

Genesis 1970-1975 

Genesis: 1976-1982  

1983-1998 [5CD/5DVD]  

Live 1973-2007 [8 CD/3 DVD]  

He made a point of calling up pissed because he just dropped his 2 month spending budget and didn't get any content he didn't have before. It may be that he has already bought the bonus content included elsewhere. Boy's cd collection contains Gensis, AC/DC, ZZ Top, and Fresh Prince only; yet still he's got well over 100. (shrug)

Anyone know a website with the bonus content listed? Not all bonus material is considered equal. I myself was disappoint once when the Fleetwood Mac (the green set) bonus material was just their earliest albums best of. I already had the Peter Green era albums.

New User
stinaCV

I'm currently listening to Sade at this time..... Her "greatest hits" cd, I truly can't get eough of it.:smileyhappy:

The Sound Of Music
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

stinaCV wrote:

I'm currently listening to Sade at this time..... Her "greatest hits" cd, I truly can't get eough of it.:smileyhappy:

Have you listened to her latest

Soldier of Love  yet?

I think her voice has dropped an octave. Still silk smooth though.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Crazy to think that she's in her 50's now!  I like the new album.  not something I'll listen to all the time, but still very well put together.

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Foxtrot  

Live  

Gold  

Eldorado [Remastered]  

B&N Bookseller
JL_Garner
0 Kudos

I'm still listening to the New Moon soundtrack in the car -- there's some really awesome tracks on there. Regardless of the film's merits, the album is excellent.

At my store, two albums that we've had in heavy rotation on our overhead music system have caught on with me:

Vampire Weekend -- Contra  

Little Boots -- Hands

They're just so darned upbeat and catchy! :smileyhappy: