Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: What are you listening to?

[ Edited ]

I am listening to various kinds of music including bollywood. Some times I do listen old songs like kung fu fighting and Hall and Oats songs.

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

#16, The Beach Boys

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fleetfoot

Phantom of the Opera 

Village 

Last Airbender 

Atlantis: The Lost Empire (Soundtrack)     

'Posted: Do not feed the Trolls, not even reindeer flattened fruitcake...Feeding of Trolls will result in gnome revolts, gremlin induced chaos, and other strangeness...' - Darkkin, the Tedious
Darkkin
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fleetfoot

[ Edited ]

I just found the score for the original Neverending Story.  Talk about a vintage geek out...:smileyvery-happy:  I love the Ivory Tower Theme and Falcore's Flight.  A classic 80's fantasy score, circa 1984...I also have these on the same playlist.  It is old school, but these are classics for any film score addict.

Man from Snowy River 

Return to Snowy River, Part II [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] 

Star Trek [Music from the Motion Picture] 

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] 

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan [Original Score] 

Frank Herbert's Children of Dune [Original Television Soundtrack]       

'Posted: Do not feed the Trolls, not even reindeer flattened fruitcake...Feeding of Trolls will result in gnome revolts, gremlin induced chaos, and other strangeness...' - Darkkin, the Tedious
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Monkees  

More of the Monkees  

Headquarters  

Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd.  

Birds, the Bees & the Monkees  

Justus  

Definitive Monkees [Bonus Disc]  I'm going to see The Monkees tonight (!) so I am listening to:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fleetfoot

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Good Vibrations: Thirty Years of the Beach Boys  

And another greatest hits CD that I can't find an image of anywhere.

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Monkees  

More of the Monkees  

Headquarters  

Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd.  

Birds, the Bees & the Monkees  

Justus  

Definitive Monkees [Bonus Disc]  I'm going to see The Monkees tonight (!) so I am listening to:

The t-shirt I got at the concert has the picture from the cover of Headquarters, only with Mike cut out of it!  A couple of observations between the last time I saw them in 2001 and this time: Last time it was just the three of them, while this time they had an 8-piece backup band, and last time they had the guts to put a current picture on the t-shirt, while this time they had several pictures from their heyday!  But they were great and clowning around just as much as ever!

Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

A facebook friend of mine just posted all these links to videos from when we were in high school, so now I'm blasting the Connells, drivin' n' cryin', Throwing Muses, The Sundays, etc.  I'm lovin' it!

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Frequent Contributor
Sleeves_Rolled_Up
0 Kudos

I'm listening to PJ Harvey's latest album, 'Let England Shake.' It's brilliant. 

The Cambridge List: a wickedly funny novel of gods, sex and death.
http://www.the-cambridge-list.blogspot.com
B&N Bookseller
JL_Garner
0 Kudos

Cars [Original Soundtrack]  

The vocal tracks on here are really fun; Sheryl Crow's "Real Gone," Rascal Flatts' cover of "Life is a Highway," and John Mayer's cover of "Route 66" are all fun driving music. And I love Randy Newman's instrumental track "McQueen & Sally" (the scene where they go for a drive).

We're playing it to death in-store, but it's just so damn catchy!

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy  

Tommy  

#13, The Who

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Quadrophenia  

Contributor
Doug_DePew
0 Kudos

Vulture Culture [Expanded]  

right now.

Doug DePew
Author of SAT & BAF! Memories of a Tower Rat

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Thirty Years of Maximum R&B  

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

David Live [Virgin]  

#12, David Bowie

Author
Zkullis
0 Kudos

Get Up!  By KoRn, featuring Skrillex.

I can't seem to find it on B&N.  But it is intense!!!   :smileysurprised:

Smite the Damned. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Smite-The-Damned/Zack-Kullis/e/2940012784445 The sequel, Realm Crossing, to be released soon.
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Young Americans  

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!