Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3

Re: What are you listening to?

Selling England by the Pound  

Frampton Comes Alive!  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Plastic Beach

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Greatest Hits [Universal]  

Best of KC & the Sunshine Band  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Frequent Contributor
MichaelN
0 Kudos

Brutalist Bricks

Just out last week. Always rockin

MN
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

Well, I have the following music stuck in my head and have no choice but to listen to it over and over in my own mind. AAAAHHH!!!

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

basson_mommy12 wrote:

Well, I have the following music stuck in my head and have no choice but to listen to it over and over in my own mind. AAAAHHH!!!

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Know there are a few bands that rerecord those songs, very popular in some circles. I can dig up the band names for you if you're interested.:smileywink:

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

I just got Tony Banks' symphonic album

Tony Banks: Seven (A Suite for Orchestra) , but I haven't had the chance to listen to it yet.  I did listen to the beginning of the first piece, and it was lovely.

dulcinea3

Ultimate Collection  

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

You know I love her. But I'm more than a little tired of the endless "greatest hits/collections". How about some new material!?

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

You know I love her. But I'm more than a little tired of the endless "greatest hits/collections". How about some new material!?

Wow, you're right - there are a ton of greatest hits CDs!  As a matter of fact, I used to have

Best Shots [1990] , although with a different cover, but replaced it with this 2-disc set to get more content.  I'm a bit disappointed that the Wuthering Heights song isn't on it; I used to have Crimes of Passion on vinyl.

I know she does still perform with her husband; they came around here a few years ago and I was tempted, but I guess I was too busy.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

Wow, you're right - there are a ton of greatest hits CDs!  As a matter of fact, I used to have

Best Shots [1990] , although with a different cover, but replaced it with this 2-disc set to get more content.  I'm a bit disappointed that the Wuthering Heights song isn't on it; I used to have Crimes of Passion on vinyl.

I know she does still perform with her husband; they came around here a few years ago and I was tempted, but I guess I was too busy.

About once a year(not every year but pretty close), one of the companies within InnBrooke has her for their bbq and concert party. Tickets are always cheep and if you don't mind drunk CapitalOne tele workers. It's alway a good concert.

Distinguished Wordsmith
crzynwrd4lf

My music has been changing constantly lately. I'll listen to Five Finger Death Punch which is Metal then switch to Colbie Calait or Bob Marley and then I'll put on Keith Urban! Kind of off the wall a little bit but I like to expose myself to a little of everything. Stevie Ray Vaughn is probably one of my favorite artists especially the song "Riviera Paradise".

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four/ she's coming for you now, you better lock the door"-- Promise Not To Tell
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Cosmos Rocks  

Distinguished Wordsmith
crzynwrd4lf
0 Kudos

Hooked on Colbie Caillat!

Coco [Deluxe Edition]

Breakthrough

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four/ she's coming for you now, you better lock the door"-- Promise Not To Tell
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Fantasies

Contributor
Veggiechiliqueen
0 Kudos

I've discovered some great British talent through the BBC's Being Human: Season 1, including:

Sigh No More 

Fur and Gold [Bonus Track]  

Lungs  

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

I'm working my way through the Beatles Anthologies, and am on the second now.  I did accidentally listen to the first disc in the third, though, and was rather confused, until I realised that I had somehow put the discs for the second in the case for the third, and vice versa!

Anthology 1 

Anthology 2  

Anthology 3  

Distinguished Correspondent
Joan_P
0 Kudos

crzynwrd4lf wrote:

My music has been changing constantly lately. I'll listen to Five Finger Death Punch which is Metal then switch to Colbie Calait or Bob Marley and then I'll put on Keith Urban! Kind of off the wall a little bit but I like to expose myself to a little of everything. Stevie Ray Vaughn is probably one of my favorite artists especially the song "Riviera Paradise".

It's all good!!! I just discovered "Once in my Life" by Black Sunshine. Awwwesssommme!!!! Michelle Buonfiglio (RBTB) posted it on her blog :smileyhappy:

http://www.blacksunshineband.com/

Love is... Unabashedly Bookish :smileyhappy: