Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Re: What are you listening to?

Ryan_G wrote:

They did an interview on NPR about the new album.  I just don't remember what program it was on.

Here is a link if you want to check it out

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129611047

dulcinea3 wrote:

They apparently have a new one coming out next week:

Red Velvet Car 

Thanks, Ryan!  I just heard last week that Nancy Wilson and her husband Cameron Crowe are getting divorced. :smileysad:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

They did an interview on NPR about the new album.  I just don't remember what program it was on.

Here is a link if you want to check it out

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129611047

dulcinea3 wrote:

They apparently have a new one coming out next week:

Red Velvet Car 

Thanks, Ryan!  I just heard last week that Nancy Wilson and her husband Cameron Crowe are getting divorced. :smileysad:

Yes but ireconsilable differences?!  Their reasons given why have been murky.

Contributor
AbintraPress
0 Kudos

MichaelN wrote:

Would love to hear about some of the new music people are listening to right now.

-------------

Okay.

Ke$ha, Katy Perry, Amy MacDonald, Aria's TiAmo2003(ClubMix), Goldfrapp,

Christina Aguilera, Annie Lennox, Joan Jett. And others. Even the Dixie Chicks' 'Sin Wagon' is in the pile somewhere on my MP3 player.

Just signed on tonight and only moments ago set profile data, so I don't know if I have to do anything in particular to make my sig lines appear.

Just in case, here they are:

Ed
Ed Howdershelt - Abintra Press
Science Fiction & Semi-Fiction
My titles at Barnes & Noble: http://tinyurl.com/knzgzs

Ed
Ed Howdershelt - Abintra Press
Science Fiction & Semi-Fiction
My titles at Barnes & Noble: http://tinyurl.com/knzgzs
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

#73, Van Morrison

Tupelo Honey [Bonus Tracks] 

#72, Janis Joplin

Cheap Thrills 

Pearl    

#70, Def Leppard

Vault: Def Leppard Greatest Hits 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Frequent Contributor
Gnomadic
0 Kudos

Nightmare Revisited  

Got to have a touch of Nightmare Before Christmas!

Bach: Great Organ Works  

This gets me in the mood on my way to the Haunted Screampark that I am working at this month.

When you find yourself falling into the seas of madness, DIVE!
Inspired Contributor
2manybooks2read
0 Kudos

Skillet

I found this band a few weeks ago and have already bought 5 or 6 songs by them off itunes.

~Nikki
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

#65, The Doors

#62, Genesis

From Genesis to Revelation [Varèse Sarabande] 

Trespass  

Nursery Cryme  

I took a break on John Lennon's birthday and listened to

Anthology , while reading

Lennon Legend  .  I've had this book for a while, but hadn't read it until now.  It is super cool, with all kinds of 'artifacts' that you can take out and look at, like some of his report cards, hand-written lyrics, tickets, movie posters, etc.  Fascinating!

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Foxtrot  

Live  

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Selling England by the Pound  

Lamb Lies Down on Broadway  - their masterpiece (IMHO)!  It reminds me a bit of Quadrophenia by The Who, although that one is realism and this one is fantasy.

Trick of the Tail  - Peter Gabriel is gone and Phil takes over.

Wind & Wuthering [US Bonus DVD]  

Seconds Out  - Phil does a wonderful job with songs from the Gabriel era, including Supper's Ready (just behind Lamb as a masterpiece).

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988

2manybooks2read wrote:

Skillet

I found this band a few weeks ago and have already bought 5 or 6 songs by them off itunes.

I found out about Skillet about two years ago (I think) and my favorite song from them right now is Monster :smileyhappy:

Right now I'm listening to the Sirius Hits channel :smileytongue:

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Steve Hackett leaves...

And Then There Were Three 

Duke  

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Abacab  - when I first heard this album, I was a bit shocked because they seemed to have gone in a very different direction; the album featured a lot of dissonance.  The more I listened, the more I came to love it, however.

Three Sides Live [Atlantic Remaster]  

Genesis [CD/DVD]  

Invisible Touch  

We Can't Dance  

Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 1 (The Shorts)  

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

I'm listening to the Sirius Radio

Just listened to MMMBop by Hanson on the 90's Pop Hits :smileytongue:

Middle of Nowhere

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Calling All Stations [CD/DVD] - with Ray Wilson on vocals after Collins' departure.  An adequate album, and a relief from the "Phil Collins Show" feel of some of Genesis' later work, but really the demise of Genesis

Turn It on Again: The Hits  - primarily from the Collins era, with only a couple of Gabriel numbers (including the newly-recorded 2000 version of the awesome "Carpet Crawlers"), and one Wilson song.

Now I'm listening to a recording of the reunion tour - they recorded all of the shows, so I was able to buy a 2-disc set of the exact show that I had attended in 2007.

Over Halloween, I listened to

Halloween, Vol. 2: Creatures Collection , and another Halloween CD from Hallmark.

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

#61, Cream

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

#59, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Greatest Hits [1993] 

#58, Cheap Trick

Cheap Trick [1977] 

In Color [Bonus Tracks]  

Heaven Tonight    

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

At Budokan  

Dream Police [Bonus Tracks]  

#56, Kiss

#55, Peter Gabriel

Shaking the Tree: Sixteen Golden Greats