Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Re: What are you listening to?

#51, Billy Joel

Greatest Hits, Vols. 1 & 2 (1973-1985) [Bonus CD-ROM Track] 

But now it's time for Christmas music!  I have lots of Christmas CDs (and, Ryan, I just got Bette Midler's!  Unfortunately, Annie Lennox' hadn't been released yet when I made my order, but I will definitely be getting it.), but I love these three that I could listen to them all month:

Christmas Eve and Other Stories  

Christmas Attic  

Lost Christmas Eve  

I'm especially excited, because I am going to see them live next week!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Some new purchases:

Red Velvet Car  Great new release.  I can't find Jupiter's Darling on here, even though I bought it from here within the past month or so.  I'm not sure how I missed that one; I love it.  I think the title is the name of an Esther Wiliams movie.

Twilley/Scuba Divers  - an overlooked artist.  I had to laugh so many times when I would go into a record store and ask if they had any Dwight Twilley, and they would lead me over to the Country section!

Then I went back to TSO, after having seen them in concert last month (absolutely fantastic!!!!!).

Beethoven's Last Night 

Night Castle  

Now I'm back to my 100 Greatest Artists countdown:

Greatest Hits, Vol. 3 

#41, Van Halen

#40, Police

Every Breath You Take: The Classics 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

# 39, The Kinks

Give the People What They Want [Japan] 

Come Dancing with the Kinks: The Best of the Kinks 1977-1986 [Koch 2004] 

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

#38, Sly and the Family Stone

Greatest Hits [Bonus Tracks] 

#37, Fleetwood Mac

Bare Trees  

Mystery to Me   

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

"Show Me How You Burlesque" by Christina Aguilera.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
dulcinea3

Greatest Hits  

Dance  

The Chain

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

In My Mind  

Audience of One  

"I Wish I Wasn't" is my favorite song off of this one.  Click the song title.

Javier 

Just listen to "Crazy" and you'll know why I love this album.

It Can Happen to Anyone 

Be With You" has to be one of the seiest songs in a long time.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

This is what's in the disc-changer in my car...my iPod's broken:smileysad:

Charleston, SC 1966 

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb 

Little Bit of Everything 

Icky Thump 

Hard Candy 

Incredible Machine

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
TiggerBear

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Donovan's Greatest Hits [Expanded Edition]

Good one!  Although Atlantis annoys me a bit.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Yeah but I can't get "Mello Yello" out of my head. And that recent cell phone comercial using "Season of the Witch". (chuckle) I had to go and listen to it, just had to.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Body Talk

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

#36, Paul McCartney

Mccartney

McCartney

Back in the U.S. Live 2002

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Yeah but I can't get "Mello Yello" out of my head. And that recent cell phone comercial using "Season of the Witch". (chuckle) I had to go and listen to it, just had to.

Yeah, I noticed that commercial the other day.  I love that song!  One of my favorites by him.

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Last week I listened to

Best That I Could Do 1978-1988 and went to see him in concert.

Now back to my countdown...

#32, Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath 

Symptom of the Universe: The Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978)    

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Movement

Ryan_G

Medusa  

dulcinea3

[ Edited ]

Ryan_G wrote:

Medusa  

Annie Lennox has to be one of the most incredible singers.  My favorite on that album is 'A Whiter Shade of Pale'.  I also love her albums Diva and Songs of Mass Destruction, but somehow I just can't quite get into Bare; I don't know why.  I even have the VHS of her concert in Central Park.

Diva 

Songs of Mass Destruction  

Bare  

Annie Lennox: Live In Central Park 

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

I haven't posted here in a while, but I got two new CDs at Christmas:

Kaleidoscope Heart 

Hooked!  I have both artists' debut albums, so these are great additions :smileyhappy:

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Ryan_G

[ Edited ]

Off the Medua album I love, and never get enough of "Take Me to the River" and "Train In Vain".

Have you heard her Christmas album that came out last year?  I loved it.

Christmas Cornucopia 

dulcinea3 wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

Medusa  

Annie Lennox has to be one of the most incredible singers.  My favorite on that album is 'A Whiter Shade of Pale'.  I also love her albums Diva and Songs of Mass Destruction, but somehow I just can't quite get into Bare; I don't know why.  I even have the VHS of her concert in Central Park.

Diva 

Songs of Mass Destruction  

Bare  

Annie Lennox: Live In Central Park