shadowcat80

Re: What are you listening to?

I added new songs on my I-Pod

Sara Evans--A Little Stronger

Taylor Swift--Back to December

Keith Urban--Without You

Hilary Duff--So Yesterday, Come Clean

Kelly Clarkson--Because of You, A Moment Like This

Jessica Andrews--Wishing Well, The Riverside, Heart Shaped World, Who I am, I'll Take Your Heart

KT Tunstall--Other Side of the World

Five for Fighting--Superman it's not easy

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

poker face..by Lady Gaga

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3

#18, Pink Floyd

Dark Side of the Moon 

Wish You Were Here  

Animals  

Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

#17, Queen

Queen [Bonus Tracks] 

Queen II [Bonus Tracks]  (my favorite Queen album) 

Sheer Heart Attack [Bonus Track]  

Night at the Opera [Bonus Tracks]  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Monty Python Sings  

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Day at the Races  

News of the World  

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

"somebody is watching over me" by Hilary Duff

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Frequent Contributor
carusmm
0 Kudos

A radio.

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Jazz  

Live Killers  

Game  

Hot Space [Bonus Track]  

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Works [Bonus Tracks]  

Kind of Magic [Bonus Tracks] [EMI]  

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Miracle  

At the BBC  

Innuendo  

Contributor
bookish75
0 Kudos

So much. All the Black Keys cds are brilliant Rubber Factory maybe the best?, Manchester Orchestra, Silversun Pickups, Adele, City and Colour - Sometimes not the first one that one kinda sucks,  Cage the Elephant, Mickey Avalon(OMG guilty pleasure, can't help it.)

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Made in Heaven  

Live at Wembley Stadium [Bonus Tracks]  

Contributor
bryanwalaspa
0 Kudos

I am actually really enjoying Adele's new album.  Also, there is this great song by some group called the Avett Brothers I just discovered.

Check out my thriller novel, on sale for 99 cents

After the Snowfall  

In the middle of the night, a phone that should never ring, begins to do just that... Then the terror begins. The Dead Phone - just 99 cents
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1106860658?ean=2940013292741&itm=1&usri=alaspa
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

I listen any music or audio/video that makes me feel good and raises my spirits. I usually listen varying stuff, depending on my mood.

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

@Dulcinea love your taste in music. Queen and Pink Floyd are 2 of my all time favorite bands. I remember watching Queen on The Midnight Special way back in the day! Had no idea what the name of the band even meant at that time! A few months ago I saw a documentary on Freddie Mercury. I was very surprised to learn that he was Indian. I thought he was British all the years.

On my old cell phone Fat Bottomed Girls was my ring tone. On my new phone I had "You're My Best Friend."

I also went to a Pink Floyd laser light show way back when that was in style. I have just dated myself terribly haven't I??

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

kathylcsw wrote:

@Dulcinea love your taste in music. Queen and Pink Floyd are 2 of my all time favorite bands. I remember watching Queen on The Midnight Special way back in the day! Had no idea what the name of the band even meant at that time! A few months ago I saw a documentary on Freddie Mercury. I was very surprised to learn that he was Indian. I thought he was British all the years.

On my old cell phone Fat Bottomed Girls was my ring tone. On my new phone I had "You're My Best Friend."

I also went to a Pink Floyd laser light show way back when that was in style. I have just dated myself terribly haven't I??

Thanks, Kathy!  Not too dated - I just went to a Pink Floyd laser show a few years ago!

I think that Freddie's parents were Indian, but still British subjects, and his father worked for the British government.  Freddie was actually born in Zanzibar, in Africa, and later attended school in India.  But he had always been a British citizen, I think.  I love Queen, and was lucky enough to see them in concert twice!

If you didn't know, I am following a list of 100 'greatest artists' from a VH1 series a while ago, and listening to all of the ones that I have on CD, in order.  It's taking forever, but I'm enjoying it, and it's a change from standing in front of my collection, trying to figure out what I want to listen to next!  I'm into the top 20 now.  Some of them I only have a greatest hits or a couple of CDs, but some, like Queen, I have the whole collection!  It will take me forever to get through the Beatles when I get to them!  I'm almost through with Queen, and then it's on to the Beach Boys!!!

New User
actuallyashley
0 Kudos

Beach House is amazing. "Teen Dream" is a fantastic album. :smileyhappy:

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Cosmos Rocks  .  I actually like this album a lot, especially the first track, which I love.  I don't think there are any plans to continue with this lineup, though.