Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: What are you watching?

I can't help myself.  I hear the word Buffy and I get all wonky!

TiggerBear wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

Buffy! Buffy! Buffy! Buffy! Buffy! Buffy!

JL_Garner wrote:

A friend got me hooked on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I'm disappointed that I passed on this the first time around -- it's really a fantastic show. Great characters, great writing, and of course that constant undercurrent of wry, self-aware Whedonesque humor. Right now I'm halfway through Season 4.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4

Down BOY! (chuckle)

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

JL_Garner wrote:

A friend got me hooked on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I'm disappointed that I passed on this the first time around -- it's really a fantastic show. Great characters, great writing, and of course that constant undercurrent of wry, self-aware Whedonesque humor. Right now I'm halfway through Season 4.

Down BOY! (chuckle)

(Laughing) Every time you do that all I see is a big puppy (ears and paws way too big) jumpping up and down at the door.

Ryan_G

As long as I keep my tongue in my mouth it will be ok

TiggerBear wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

JL_Garner wrote:

Down BOY! (chuckle)

(Laughing) Every time you do that all I see is a big puppy (ears and paws way too big) jumpping up and down at the door.

Inspired Contributor
Kimbeey13
0 Kudos

Right now I'm watching season two of Torchwood. I had seen season one and season three, so I'm excited to be able to see the second season now. I adore this show, especially Ianto Jones.

Torchwood - Season 2

I also recently saw the movie 'Where the Wild Things Are' with a friend and we both really enjoyed it.

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Torchwood is brilliant. Great choice.

Kimbeey13 wrote:

Right now I'm watching season two of Torchwood. I had seen season one and season three, so I'm excited to be able to see the second season now. I adore this show, especially Ianto Jones.

Torchwood - Season 2

I also recently saw the movie 'Where the Wild Things Are' with a friend and we both really enjoyed it.

Inspired Contributor
Kimbeey13
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It quickly became on of my favorite shows (beside Pushing Daisies), but out of the people I know only two are willing to watch it with me which is sad.

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

Well, I had to discontinue my Netflix account for a while due to $$, but I miss it!  I've been watching TV more, anyway. 

I'm hoping to watch "Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde" on TCM tonight - I loaned out some of my favorite Hitchcocks and don't have them to watch in honor of Halloween.  Bummer!

If I had "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," I'd be watching that, too.

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

tree_lover wrote:

I started watching the first season of Fringe.

Fringe - Season 1 

It reminds me of the X-Files which was one of my favorites.  I heard so much about it and am trying it out.

liz

I love "Fringe", too!  My husband and I watch this show together every week.  We both are enormous fans of "X-files."  I am not sure yet if I like this as well - there's just something about the chemistry of David Duchovny and, well, anyone.  And the writing for the X-Files... *sigh*  My favorite television episode EVER (closely followed by the Lost Season 4 finale) is "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'" written by Darin Morgan.
Hurry up and enjoy the first season of Fringe so you can keep up with season 2!
"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
B&N Bookseller
JL_Garner
0 Kudos

There will be a second series forthcoming; Branagh finished shooting it earlier this year. Not sure if/when a third series will be possible, since he'll be busy most of 2010 directing Thor.

TiggerBear wrote:

It's from PBS mystery. VERY GOOD, dark, well thought out.

Had the experience of seeing the Dutch version of these as well. I like the British actor sooo much better.

<snip>

Not all of them mind you but, their might be a 2nd series forthcomming.

Torchwood really was outstanding. They haven't been assured a fourth series yet, but with the critical and ratings success of Children of Earth, it's almost a given. My only problem is how they can possible top something that was such an emotionally powerful and intelligently written story...

Kimbeey13 wrote:

I'm currently in a holding pattern waiting for the sixth season of Buffy, so I took the opportunity to see Somewhere in Time, which a lot of people had recommended to me. I can see why it has such a cult following, and I was impressed with Christopher Reeve in the first non-Superman role I've ever seen him in, but I found parts of it a little creepy (particularly the end). Still, definitely worth a look if you've never seen it.
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

I just saw the 3 shows of Branagh's Wallander mysteries... based on the Swedish novels.

I was very impressed by the production quality and the high level of the acting. I'm happy to hear that they're working on another episode.

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Lovejoy: the Complete Collection

Just finished season 1 heading into 2.

and

Wallace & Gromit in 'A Matter of Loaf and Death'

I love these guys, missed them terribly. A wonderful present.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Up

Frequent Contributor
tree_lover
0 Kudos

"Up" was so good.  I saw it in the movies and then I got to see it again on the plane while on vacation.liz

http://nygirltrustnoone.blogspot.com/
B&N Bookseller
JL_Garner
0 Kudos

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Okay, it wasn't as good as the first one, ("good" being a relative term), but I still had a blast. Kevin Dunn and Julie White are hilarious as Sam's parents, and Megan Fox continues to be as drool-worthy as she is vapid, but otherwise, it's a very frustrating film. The 'bots are better colored and easier to tell apart than in the first film, but there's so many new arrivals, and of them, only the annoying "twins" are given anything resembling a personality. Still, it doesn't get much better than this for mindless entertainment and Stuff Blowing Up, of which Michael Bay is the undisputed master.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra  Don't ask me to explain why I enjoyed Transformers but hated G.I. Joe when they're both simply $200 million toy commercials. I guess it's easier to suspend my disbelief about giant alien robots that turn into cars than it is about tiny robotic termites that eat the Eiffel Tower, body suits that turn already strong army dudes into Iron Man, one-man submarines that maneuver like fighter jets, and Christopher Eccleston thinking this was a better career move than additional series of Doctor Who.

Proposal  A lot more fun than I thought it would be. Betty White was hilarious, and Ryan Reynolds' performances in this film and Adventureland have really caused me to rethink my opinion of him as an actor.

My So-Called Life - The Complete Series  I haven't seen these since the show originally aired back in the mid-90s. Another excellent series that ended too soon.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Inspired Contributor
Kimbeey13
0 Kudos

Carnivale - The Complete First Season

I'm going to be starting on this soon. I haven't heard of it until today, but it looked so awesome! Hopefully I enjoy it.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Kimbeey13 wrote:

Carnivale - The Complete First Season

I'm going to be starting on this soon. I haven't heard of it until today, but it looked so awesome! Hopefully I enjoy it.

It is awesome trust me!

Frequent Contributor
tree_lover
0 Kudos

My husband started me on "Dexter" and we watched the first season.  It is deliciously evil.  ^_^  Now we are on season two.

Dexter - Season 2 

liz

Frequent Contributor
tree_lover
0 Kudos

I heard about this series.  I saw a couple of episodes and it was pretty good.  Hope you like it.

liz

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Dexter - Season 1

Dexter - Season 2

Dexter - Season 3  Is a great show. Dark, funny, insightful, and pretty Miami imagery. Nice smooth changes through out all 4 seasons.