Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Felidae_Evol
0 Kudos

Re: What are you watching?

I was watching Bambi II a little while ago. Even though I am sixteen I still enjoy Disney cartoons.

"My life is essentially a series of embarrassing incidents strung together by telling people about those embarrassing incidents." - Russell Brand
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I'm 32 and still enjoy Disney movies

Felidae_Evol wrote:

I was watching Bambi II a little while ago. Even though I am sixteen I still enjoy Disney cartoons.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:
I'm 32 and still enjoy Disney movies

Felidae_Evol wrote:

Hmm how doesn't?

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Xxxholic: First Collection 

Just finished it.

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

I regularly purchase my favorite Disney movies (most recently Sword in the Stone and Sleeping Beauty).  Pooh is still the hands-down favorite.
Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Doc Martin - Series 2 

Siked cause disc one just came in the mail.

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I'm watching Burnt Offerings right now, 2nd time I caught it on TV in the last 6 months

Burnt Offerings 

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

I'm watching Burnt Offerings right now, 2nd time I caught it on TV in the last 6 months

Burnt Offerings 

I wish you could find the book - it's even better!  I guess I like those evil houses...:smileywink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I'm hunting for it.

dulcinea3 wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

Burnt Offerings 

I wish you could find the book - it's even better!  I guess I like those evil houses...:smileywink:

dulcinea3

Ryan_G wrote:
I'm hunting for it.

dulcinea3 wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

Burnt Offerings 

Here's one from an eBay store - $6 for a hardback isn't bad (plus $4 for shipping).  Someone else wants $60 for theirs!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Burnt-Offerings-by-Robert-Marasco-1973-HC-BCE-DJ-Good_W0QQitemZ200361798544QQcmd...

That's the same picture I have on my old paperback copy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Wordsmith
harleyhoney
0 Kudos

Ooohhhh, Dulcie.  What an intriging cover!  I'm going to have to look for that one, too.  Is the story good?

Nancy

Here's one from an eBay store - $6 for a hardback isn't bad (plus $4 for shipping).  Someone else wants $60 for theirs!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Burnt-Offerings-by-Robert-Marasco-1973-HC-BCE-DJ-Good_W0QQitemZ200361798544QQcmd...

"Somebody said they saw me swinging the world by the tail, bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues."
Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley
Performed by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus on RAISING SAND
dulcinea3

harleyhoney wrote:

Ooohhhh, Dulcie.  What an intriging cover!  I'm going to have to look for that one, too.  Is the story good?

Nancy

I have to admit that I haven't read it in a very long time, but I did really like it a lot.  It was pretty creepy.  Here's a description:

The Rolfes -- Ben, wife Marian, son David, and Aunt Elizabeth -- are a pleasant family from New York seeking to escape from the doldrums of a summer in their Queens apartment. They find a beautiful old country mansion on Long Island -- restful, secluded, with pool and private beach -- perfect, for the right people. But their "perfect" summer home hides terrors beyond their wildest imaginings. During that long summer the house becomes a nightmare from which there seems to be no escape.

Unfortunately, it appears to have been out of print for some time.

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I watched one of my favorite monster movies earlier today

Monster Squad 

If anyone cares to read it I did a short review of it Here.

B&N Bookseller
elise_m
0 Kudos

The last movie I saw in theatres was 500 Days of Summer, which was beyond excellent. I loved it, my boyfriend loved it more. Tonight it's to see Julie and Julia, for I am in the mood for a chick flick. As for what else is on my watching/to be watched list, I've got the first season of Mad Men coming on Netflix 'cause I can't even count how many people have recommended it to me, planning to re-watch Foyle's War, and the second season of Ashes to Ashes (another BBC show and stunning "sequel" to Life on Mars). Lots on the queue! :smileyhappy:

When the end comes, when the ice caps melt and the seas boil and the sky falls, I won't want to be hiding in some stranger's bathroom.
B&N Bookseller
JL_Garner
0 Kudos

I've been plowing through Battlestar Galactica (missed it first-run on the Sci-Fi Channel), and currently am next in line to get Battlestar Galactica - Season 4.5.   I'm literally on pins and needles, and I hear the big twist at the end of the finale is brilliant.

Meanwhile, I'm also watching Torchwood - Season 2. Really awesome characters, and who can't love Captain Jack? :smileywink:

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I love Captain Jack

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Clatterford - Season 2

And a hearty whoaho! to who to whomever fixed the Add Product button.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B

Maybe some of you guys who hang out over in Paul Goat Allen boards will remember this one.

Last night I watched half of..

Ice Pirates

It's terrible!

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
B&N Bookseller
JL_Garner
0 Kudos

It's only the 4th of the month, and I think I've already exhausted my bad movie quotient...

Push  Think X-Men made on Twilight's budget. Neat concept, and it could have been much more, but wasn't. Also, blatantly sets up for a sequel that probably won't come unless the DVD has been selling like wildfire.

Dragonball: Evolution Ohhhhhh, the pain. There's 90 minutes of my life and five I.Q. points that I will never get back. And what are good actors like Chow Yun-Fat, Emmy Rossum, and James Marsters doing slumming in a P.O.S. film like this?

B&N Bookseller
JL_Garner
0 Kudos

Felidae_Evol wrote:

I'm 29 and I still like Disney movies. I tend to avoid the direct-to-video sequels, though.