Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind
0 Kudos

Your saddest movie...

What movie did you cry the most or thought it was sad??

I think mine is....

I don't really know...

I can't recall right now....

But please free to post!

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
are you going to do the right or the wrong?"
~me
Reader 2
JenniferJuniper
0 Kudos

Re: Your saddest movie...

I recently saw the movie Love Story on television.  That movie made me cry, and I don't usually cry when watching a movie.  It was a beautiful story.

Correspondent
bookwormmom4
0 Kudos

The saddest movie I ever saw was Beaches.  Great story of what it means to be a best friend.  LOVE IT!

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up" Mark Twain
Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind
0 Kudos

I usually think its sad when there are animals in the movie and the family goes through hardships..

so sad.......:catsad:

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
are you going to do the right or the wrong?"
~me
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

When it comes to sad movies there's Old Yeller and then there's everything else.

Correspondent
Yatta99
0 Kudos

Grave of the Fireflies.

Reader 4
lawLW
0 Kudos

Penny Serenade.    Irene Dunne and Cary Grant. 

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15

My Boy Jack  I bawled through the entire second half of this film.  No lie.

Toy Story 3  This is what happens when you don't play with your toys because you're a grownup!!  Sad :smileysad:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1     I started crying at the beginning when Hermione says "Obliviate" and she disappears from all her family pictures, like she never existed.  So sad.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
New User
lied5
0 Kudos

Definitely "Brian's Song"....The original with James Caan.

Contributor
SoccerGal_94
0 Kudos

I just watched 50/50 for the 3rd or 4th time.  Right before the main character goes into surgery when he calls out for his mother, gets me every time. 

~J
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Les Miserables, which came out at Christmas.

I was crying hopelessly when Fantine sang "I had a Dream", when Marius sings "Empty tables, Empty Chairs.

And of course, when Valjean sings "Let Him Live."

They should sell boxes of tissues at the popcorn stand.

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

IBIS wrote:

Les Miserables, which came out at Christmas.

I was crying hopelessly when Fantine sang "I had a Dream", when Marius sings "Empty tables, Empty Chairs.

And of course, when Valjean sings "Let Him Live."

They should sell boxes of tissues at the popcorn stand.

I too cried when Anne Hathaway sang "I have a Dream". She gave such emotion in her performance, didn't she?

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

My top tear jerkers:  The Color Purple and The Green Mile. When men sob in a movie, you know it's powerful. I do remember seeing Little Women in the 90s and the man sitting behing me (one of two in the theatre) sobbing and gasping after Beth died when the housekeeper was dropping rose petals around the room.

Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Yes, an outstandingly sad movie is when men cry like babies. My father, who NEVER cries, nowhere, no way, no how... was sobbing at "I had a Dream"... I couldnt' believe it was him...

runny nose, blurry eyes.... not a pretty sight.

The sight of my 80-year-old father bawling, open-mouthed, shocked me so much, I stopped crying.  Just to stare at him.

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I know there are more than this, but off the top of my head, here are a couple of movies that made me cry:

Old Yeller: 2 Movie Collection  

Marley & Me  

Evita  

Brokeback Mountain  

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

When it comes to sad movies, there are two categories:

1. Old Yeller
  2. Everything else.
Correspondent
luv2read29
0 Kudos

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD GHOST WITH PATRICK, DEMI I STILL CAN NOT GET ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE BLIND SIDE
Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

I have to agree with Melissa; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. There are quite a few places Ican be seen crying my eyes out.

There are a lot of movies that get you all chocked up!
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Anne Frank - Classroom Edition  

Schindler's List  

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.