Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room -- Cage of Stars

Hello everyone! I've really missed you all since I didn't get the book in time to really join much of the discussion. It was probably just as well with this being the last month of school for my kids and we had one graduate over the weekend. I haven't had much spare time anyway. I've tried to check in here when I can though. I am definitely one of the night owls. I never seem to get to bed before 2:00 am.

Cindersue, I'm sorry for the loss of your family member. It seems like everyone has or knows someone serving in this war and it's terrifying knowing the danger they are in. We count the days when we have one of our family members deployed. Viv, that's such a heart breaking story about the baby who was killed. What an amazing family they must be. My prayers are with them. We had a terrible accident happen in our small town last week. A little girl who had just finished kindergarten the day before was accidentally shot by her 10 year old cousin while he was shooting target practice at their grandma's house. She died the next day at a hospital in a nearby city. Her family decided to donate her organs to help others in need. They haven't all returned home yet. I can't imagine what they are going through. The guilt the members of that family must be feeling even though it was an accident. We have a very close knit, generous community so they will be embraced and supported but it just doesn't seem like enough.

With this tragedy and with all of the graduations and parties (and fear of accidents) I thought to stop at the cemetery today where my young nephew was buried. He is the one I told about previously and how he was killed while with other teenagers who were all drinking and driving at high speeds. Two of the kids didn't make it. The driver survived but has never been able to forgive himself. Some things just aren't fair and everyone has examples. I don't know how some people get through it.

Sorry, I didn't mean for this to be a downer. I was just feeling a bit melancholy and the conversation took me in this direction. It is nice to have people to chat with when you're feeling this way.