Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hi all; My computer has been down so I couldn't log on during the first and now I am using a friend's. Hope to have my own again in a week. I love this book. I am Linda and have been a regular on Barnes and Noble a long time. I am retired and love reading and computing. Since my computer has been down I have caught up with reading some and scrapbooking. Happy reading to us all!
Frequent Contributor
basia
0 Kudos

Hi Linda, welcome!
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

basia wrote:
Hi Linda, welcome!

SO there you are, kiakar. I was hoping you'd be reading with us. Good to see you! :smileywink:
Contributor
AnnMar
0 Kudos

Hi All, I'm Ann and getting a late start here. Got the book from the County Library on June 8th. I have read about three quarters of the book. I have never lived on a farm or ranch, but did own a horse. He was a retired thoroughbred that my daughter used for show. I can relate to Mrs. Altman. Looking forward to the discussions.

Ann
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

AnnMar wrote:
Hi All, I'm Ann and getting a late start here. Got the book from the County Library on June 8th. I have read about three quarters of the book. I have never lived on a farm or ranch, but did own a horse. He was a retired thoroughbred that my daughter used for show. I can relate to Mrs. Altman. Looking forward to the discussions.

Ann

Hi Ann :smileyhappy: nice to have another person to discuss the book with. Welcome. Vivian (just another reader)
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Author
aryn
0 Kudos

Hello again to everyone who's joined the discussion! I'm so pleased that you're all taking the time to participate. There are some really great threads going so far. I'm holding off on some of the discussion questions until more people have had a chance to finish the book. But I wanted you all to know that I'm checking in often and if you have any specific questions that you would like me to address at this point, don't hesitate to ask.

Happy reading,

Aryn
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

aryn wrote:
Hello again to everyone who's joined the discussion! I'm so pleased that you're all taking the time to participate. There are some really great threads going so far. I'm holding off on some of the discussion questions until more people have had a chance to finish the book. But I wanted you all to know that I'm checking in often and if you have any specific questions that you would like me to address at this point, don't hesitate to ask.

Happy reading,

Aryn

Hey Aryn,
I am holding off on a couple of questions for end of the book week,(if i can lol) but nice to know you are here and hey, if you see some of our thoughts that you want to comment on, even if not a question for you officially, please jump in. Its your book and you know better than we do or you may have a question for us, the readers, with some of the comments we have had so far. Thanks for joining us :smileyhappy:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Users Online
Currently online: 17 members 424 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: