Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
TuckerW
0 Kudos

Downloaded book not what I ordered - HELP

I don't know what do to. I've emailed B&N twice and the last time just got a cut and paste response. I've tried to post a review about the book, but they are blocking my review. I was sold a false bill of goods and I want a refund

-------

I ordered the Nook book - I am Legend (And other stories). The nook version does not contain any other stories. I emailed B&N about the problem and received an email with the supposed Table of Contents:

I am Legend 11
Buried Talents 171
The Near Departed 179
Prey 182
Witch War 196
Dance of the Dead 203
Dress of White Silk 221
Mad House 226
The Funeral 261
From Shadowed Places 270
Person to Person 294

My NOOK ends on 141 and there are no other stories. I send them a photograph proving such and simply received a cut and paste email saying that there are no refunds on NOOK books. This is an unacceptable answer.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

Re: Downloaded book not what I ordered - HELP

The email service is a low-priority FAQ service. For personal service, you need to call. 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665).

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

TuckerW wrote:

I don't know what do to. I've emailed B&N twice and the last time just got a cut and paste response. I've tried to post a review about the book, but they are blocking my review. I was sold a false bill of goods and I want a refund

-------

I ordered the Nook book - I am Legend (And other stories). The nook version does not contain any other stories. I emailed B&N about the problem and received an email with the supposed Table of Contents:

I am Legend 11
Buried Talents 171
The Near Departed 179
Prey 182
Witch War 196
Dance of the Dead 203
Dress of White Silk 221
Mad House 226
The Funeral 261
From Shadowed Places 270
Person to Person 294

My NOOK ends on 141 and there are no other stories. I send them a photograph proving such and simply received a cut and paste email saying that there are no refunds on NOOK books. This is an unacceptable answer.

Does your copy have a Table of Contents? If it does contain a Table of Contents does your copy's TOC include material past page 141? Does that eBook appear to end mid sentence? Have you compared the file size on your Nook to the file size in the B&N web site's details about the product? Have you checked that eBook in the Nook reader application on a computer? Have you tried archiving that eBook then downloading it again?

If you have the ability to access the Internet with a computer and privileges to install applications on it I'd recommend installing that computer's version of the Nook reader application just for the purposes of redundant local storage of your eBook purchases. I have had a few eBooks purchased for my computer Nook reader application that were deleted from B&N's product line and were no longer available when I purchased my Nook First Edition almost a year later. I can only read those editions on the Nook First Edition by sideloading the files from the computer.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

robertVA wrote:

TuckerW wrote:

-------

I am Legend 11
Buried Talents 171
The Near Departed 179
Prey 182
Witch War 196
Dance of the Dead 203
Dress of White Silk 221
Mad House 226
The Funeral 261
From Shadowed Places 270
Person to Person 294

Does your copy have a Table of Contents? If it does contain a Table of Contents does your copy's TOC include material past page 141? Does that eBook appear to end mid sentence? Have you compared the file size on your Nook to the file size in the B&N web site's details about the product? Have you checked that eBook in the Nook reader application on a computer? Have you tried archiving that eBook then downloading it again?

If you have the ability to access the Internet with a computer and privileges to install applications on it I'd recommend installing that computer's version of the Nook reader application just for the purposes of redundant local storage of your eBook purchases. I have had a few eBooks purchased for my computer Nook reader application that were deleted from B&N's product line and were no longer available when I purchased my Nook First Edition almost a year later. I can only read those editions on the Nook First Edition by sideloading the files from the computer.

Reply to the first email you get back, you should get a response from a person.  The first response is pretty much always a cut/paste or auto response based on keywords.  Sending another email will only result in the same response.  If you reply to the email it gets routed somewhere else and you will get a more personalized response.  There are a lot of companies who handle email this way, I know several companies I deal with do this, I always just respond to the email, then I get a dialog going.