Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
KayoMO
0 Kudos

Re: nook wish list -- access

I did call. I am sure I can't be the only one that has called.  

(by the way, my call was last friday)

Would be nice for an update of some kind from B&N. 

Distinguished Correspondent
avid_reader1590
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Still no ebook wishlist and now when I log into my account there is no access to My B&N. The message says

:We are sorry...

There was a problem with the page you requested. Click here to continue shopping.

So I guess if "unregister and reregister" something is not an option then forget about it

It is better to stir up a question without deciding it, than to decide it without stirring it up. ~Joseph Joubert

Inspired Contributor
KikiL

This is bad business for B&N if they are serious about taking on Kindle and iPad.  I've been considering upgrading to a Nook Tablet of Nook Color, but this newest problem going unresolved for so long has made me seriously think about the iPad instead.  I've been a very loyal Nook user since it first came out and I've always been supportive of B&N versus Amazon, but this latest may send me over the cliff!

EllenKeiff
0 Kudos

I agree.  This is taking too long to fix.  But then again, we've been waiting for the advanced search feature to be fixed for a year now....

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright

This must be an odd, intermittent thing they are having trouble tracking down. Though many have reported problems, I can still get to My Nook Book Wishlist and My B&N online.

Still can't add titles to the list from outside of it. But that's been going on for months.

The whole "not effecting all users" bit is probably adding a level of complexity, I would imagine.

You would think from a strict monetary sense they would make it a priority, as it hampers some people from making purchases. And it's not like B&N can afford to lose any purchases.

javabird
0 Kudos

They are working on fixing it. I emailed customer service and here's the answer I received:

"Thank you for your email regarding being unable to add NOOK Books on 
your Wish List.

Please be advised that we are aware of this problem and are working 
diligently to resolve it. Please check back often as we hope to correct 
this situation shortly.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have 
caused."

Inspired Contributor
KikiL
0 Kudos

I just had a chat session with B&N that leads me to believe they are in way over their heads with serious software issues.  Here are some of the quotes from th technician:

"Our team is already working on this issue and it will be resolved in a few days... and you need to please call for the next updated information about wishlist... If it is a technical issue I would have resolved the issue with your help but the wishlist is know[n] issue and is alreaady escalated. When the issue is escalated we cannot even access the details of those details."

The shop issue of a few weeks ago was bad enough, but this newest issue is really more than just an inconvenience, in my opinion!

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

KikiL wrote:

I just had a chat session with B&N that leads me to believe they are in way over their heads with serious software issues.  Here are some of the quotes from th technician:

"Our team is already working on this issue and it will be resolved in a few days... and you need to please call for the next updated information about wishlist... If it is a technical issue I would have resolved the issue with your help but the wishlist is know[n] issue and is alreaady escalated. When the issue is escalated we cannot even access the details of those details."

The shop issue of a few weeks ago was bad enough, but this newest issue is really more than just an inconvenience, in my opinion!

The person you chatted with is mostly like a customer service rep, not a part of the software team.  So you can't base how well they can fix something on talking to CS.

Contributor
akluv2read
0 Kudos

Thanks for starting this thread. Lost ability to add to my Nook wish list using a PC a couple of months ago. Lost the ability to even see my wish list a week ago. It is nice to know others had wish lists larger than my 55.  Talked with a tech from B&N today. No new news.  Does anyone know if this is happening with folks with nook wish lists registered to Tablets or the Nook Color?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

akluv2read wrote:

Thanks for starting this thread. Lost ability to add to my Nook wish list using a PC a couple of months ago. Lost the ability to even see my wish list a week ago. It is nice to know others had wish lists larger than my 55.  Talked with a tech from B&N today. No new news.  Does anyone know if this is happening with folks with nook wish lists registered to Tablets or the Nook Color?

It's happening to the website eBook wishlist regardless of your device.  The wishlists on the Tablet and the Nookcolor are not connected to the wishlist on the website and are maintained only on the device.

Contributor
anonymouseCRS
0 Kudos

It's almost two weeks and counting and still no wish list.

I've almost worn out my Gen 1 nook and was thinking about picking up a nook touch. However, this issue (plus the lack of 3G for new nooks) is making me rethink my plans. If there was any easy way to move my current library of 400+ e-books to the Kindle system, I think I'd switch. I'd even pay a small amount per title for this service.

Reasons for my large wishlist, among others: 1) variety of titles I could be interested in reading, depending on mood when shopping, 2) remembering when new titles are due to be published, and 3) watching more expensive books (i.e., > $10) until price drops. One thing I do (or have done) is to sort the list by high/medium/low priority, using price (< $9.50, $9.50-$10.50, > $10.50) as "priority." That way I can quickly tell when a book has dropped in price. (Yes, my paying job includes analyzing data. Sorry.)

I wish there was some way to know what's really going on here. Is this indicative of some larger software and/or data management issue at B&N?

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

anonymouseCRS wrote:

It's almost two weeks and counting and still no wish list.

I've almost worn out my Gen 1 nook and was thinking about picking up a nook touch. However, this issue (plus the lack of 3G for new nooks) is making me rethink my plans. If there was any easy way to move my current library of 400+ e-books to the Kindle system, I think I'd switch. I'd even pay a small amount per title for this service.

Reasons for my large wishlist, among others: 1) variety of titles I could be interested in reading, depending on mood when shopping, 2) remembering when new titles are due to be published, and 3) watching more expensive books (i.e., > $10) until price drops. One thing I do (or have done) is to sort the list by high/medium/low priority, using price (< $9.50, $9.50-$10.50, > $10.50) as "priority." That way I can quickly tell when a book has dropped in price. (Yes, my paying job includes analyzing data. Sorry.)

I wish there was some way to know what's really going on here. Is this indicative of some larger software and/or data management issue at B&N?

Not to depress you even more, but if you upgrade to the N2E, there is no way to access your existing wishlist from the device. Also, any wishlists created on the device stay there and are not viewable online.

This is a significant changes and one of the very few I count in the minus column. Like you, I find it handy to manage my list online, but add from wherever I am.

Contributor
ChyronDave

My wish listvwent belly up last night with the same message. I talked with a support person today and they said that the development team was working on website updates that are affecting wish lists. Naturally that is of little comfort for those who lost theirs weeks ago. I have to say that given the extensive nature of my list, i am not looking forward to trying to rebuild it
Contributor
KayoMO
0 Kudos

Wishlist wishlist, where art thou? 

For a stinkin month I miss you!

(I sure hope Barnes & Noble understands how many sales they have lost because of this. I only buy off my wishlist!)

Reader 4
graph.ite
0 Kudos

Isn't it interesting that this mainly effects those of us with the 1st Gen Nooks, since the newer ones keep the wish list on the device itself and not on the horribly slow B&N website.  Its almost like they are trying to force us to upgrade so we can use the wishlist option.  Heck I still have extended warranty left on my 1st Gen, unless they want to trade me 1 for 1, which will never happen, or give me credit for time served, I can't upgrade.......and really, it has been almost a month, are they really working that hard on the problem?

Contributor
KayoMO
0 Kudos

Just curious everyone..... I have called to complain about this once, and talked to them twice on chat and given a formal complaint.(over this months time). 

Have any of you spoken to them? I'm really wondering (like you all) how much they are really doing to even fix this!

avid_reader1590
0 Kudos

graph.ite wrote:

Isn't it interesting that this mainly effects those of us with the 1st Gen Nooks, since the newer ones keep the wish list on the device itself and not on the horribly slow B&N website.  Its almost like they are trying to force us to upgrade so we can use the wishlist option.  Heck I still have extended warranty left on my 1st Gen, unless they want to trade me 1 for 1, which will never happen, or give me credit for time served, I can't upgrade.......and really, it has been almost a month, are they really working that hard on the problem?

I have a N2E  and my list of ebooks is not on my Nook after my wish list was messed up on this site. I was told by the local B&N tech support that the list does not sync automatically to your device, period. You can make a wish list on the Nook or make a list on B&N site but the two do not sync,  from what I understand. 

It is better to stir up a question without deciding it, than to decide it without stirring it up. ~Joseph Joubert

Reader 4
graph.ite
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

On the 3rd of March I got this response from Customer (non) Service:

"Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience. We 
are working on this and should have a solution in place within the next 
week."
I recontacted them again last Friday and have gotten no response from them
avid_reader1590
0 Kudos

graph.ite wrote:

On the 3rd of March I got this response from Customer (non) Service:

"Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience. We 
are working on this and should have a solution in place within the next 
week."
I recontacted them again last Friday and have gotten no response from them

And we will probably get the same response weekly. :smileysad:

Contributor
ChyronDave
0 Kudos

Contacted Customer support on the issue again today.  They told me that the issue has been reported by other users and they are working on a solution.  In other words, the same old message.  I made sure to mention that nearly all of my nook purchases do come from my wish list, hoping that it would mean something.  He apologized for the inconvenience.