Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
MarisadelosSantos
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

SMhelen wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

SMhelen wrote:

Hi Helen,
Glad to see you here. There are several people just getting started on the book so no worries. Well except one of my friends shows that her book was delivered UPS yesterday from B&N and she says its not there, so she can't even start and hasnt come in the club yet. These clubs can be fun and all you have to do is join in and just watch for one thing, dont post beyond where the thread says, in other words be careful not to write "spoilers" for those who have not read that far yet. This is a month long club and it will pick up next week more I think. The new books, it takes the firsts week or so for everyone to get their books and get enough read to talk about. Also, weekends are notoriously bad, slow that is. Hardly anyone posts on weekends, I know I am always here, the rest have a life I guess LOL. So Its a good reading time.

Also, Marisa, if you are reading this, its true about weekends, not much posting and I know of three people trying to get some reading in this week besides those of us who have introduced ourselves, so please don't think this club is going no where. It should pick up about midmonth, so next week probably. We do love having the authors here so please bear with us. :smileywink:

Thank you Vivi for the warm welcome. I wish I had more time to read. I am excited to get through this one.

No worries about light weekend traffic. I spend most weekends running from one place to the next, mainly to get my kids where they need to be (soccer, ballet, swimming, birthday parties), and it's hard to steal much time to sit down at my computer for ANYTHING. I'll be back in the swim tomorrow!

Marisa
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

my book

I got my book! I got my book! It was a great surprise in the mail the other day. A very special friend knew I was anxious to read this book and join the chats but was having a hard time getting it from the library. (That's very good for you Marisa because your book is so popular already but it was bad for me) She sent me my very own copy so now I get to read it and keep it too!! Of course I'll share with my friends but I don't have to return it to the library because... it's mine!
Now I just have to catch up. :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
ROSIE
0 Kudos

Re: my book

I got my book also-----actually found a used copy----no luck with the library either!  I have started and am already hooked............

Now, though, I am off to eye surgery so shall not be able to read for a few days.......hopefully will be back soon--and better able to see the printed page!!!!

rosie

Wrighty wrote:
I got my book! I got my book! It was a great surprise in the mail the other day. A very special friend knew I was anxious to read this book and join the chats but was having a hard time getting it from the library. (That's very good for you Marisa because your book is so popular already but it was bad for me) She sent me my very own copy so now I get to read it and keep it too!! Of course I'll share with my friends but I don't have to return it to the library because... it's mine!
Now I just have to catch up. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Re: my book

ROSIE wrote:
I got my book also-----actually found a used copy----no luck with the library either!  I have started and am already hooked............

Now, though, I am off to eye surgery so shall not be able to read for a few days.......hopefully will be back soon--and better able to see the printed page!!!!

rosie

Good luck with your surgery Rosie. How frustrating, not being able to read for a few days. You'll still probably be ahead of me when you come back. :smileymad:  It's driving me crazy that we are so busy this week and I really, really want to be reading!
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: Hello to all.

Hello there everyone: I finally returned to Virginia and my favorite toy, the computer. I traveled five states in about three weeks and had a ball. Loved seeing new things and new scenery. I drove all the way and back. I proved I still had lots of endurance for a senior citizen.  A friend went with me and we visited friends and relatives along the way.
But its good to be back home again!  I read the book before I left and its wonderful. I loved it. Hope to catch up alittle here today. 
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:
Hello there everyone: I finally returned to Virginia and my favorite toy, the computer. I traveled five states in about three weeks and had a ball. Loved seeing new things and new scenery. I drove all the way and back. I proved I still had lots of endurance for a senior citizen.  A friend went with me and we visited friends and relatives along the way.
But its good to be back home again!  I read the book before I left and its wonderful. I loved it. Hope to catch up alittle here today. 

Hi Kiakar! It's great to have you back. We've missed you. It sounds like you had a great trip, good for you! I didn't know you finished the book before you left. I'm still reading (my kids are still playin baseball and we've had lots of games to keep us busy) but I love it. I want to find out what happens but I also don't want it to end. I'm so glad this isn't Marisa's only book because I'll be reading more of them.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

kiakar wrote:

Hi Kiakar! It's great to have you back. We've missed you. It sounds like you had a great trip, good for you! I didn't know you finished the book before you left. I'm still reading (my kids are still playin baseball and we've had lots of games to keep us busy) but I love it. I want to find out what happens but I also don't want it to end. I'm so glad this isn't Marisa's only book because I'll be reading more of them.

Yes, Wrighty I will be reading some of her other books also. What a warm story this was!  glad you are doing ok. And the boys are busy playing ball.
Users Online
Currently online: 40 members 723 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: