Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Thanks to Marisa and the group!

Marisa,

The month is ending too quickly! I'd like to thank you from all of us for taking part here--it's been a pleasure to get a glimpse into the creation of this novel and these characters, and you've been wonderfully attentive and thoughtful in response to our questions and comments!

And to the group! Thanks for sharing your reading! Your insights and candid responses have become a part of the novel for me. I hope to hear from you again in the upcoming months.

Thanks,

Rachel

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks to Marisa and the group!

Marisa,
Thank you so much for joining our group this month! I know the activity was a bit low but it definitely must have been the month of May, cause it wasn't the book. I wish we did have longer, we hardly got through discussing more than the first of the book, but I know many in here were busy with proms and graduations. I have been busy in physical therapy for 2 weeks for some torn tendons in my ankle and have two more weeks to go before we decide if I need surgery or not. But, I sure enjoyed reading this book during this time. This was the best book I could have read for this month. It was humorous and warmhearted. It had such insight into relationships and how we all grow, or don't. Your characters were just great! I feel like I know them all. I love your thoughts and the way you express them in your writing. This will not be the last book of yours I will be reading, I know that much. You were very kind to share your time with us. Thanks again, so much! Have a great summer. Are you working on a book right now? :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Rachel, thank you for leading the group this month. You had two great books this month with the authors present. I felt lucky to have been a participant in both of them. You did a great job!

Marisa, thank you for joining us. I love this book and feel very privileged to have you here with us. I was one of those people that had a lot going on and didn't get to read or participate as much as I wanted to. I considered rushing through the book this week to get it finished before you left us but I can't do it. This is a book that needs to be savored and thoroughly enjoyed not rushed. The characters are very real and your writing is so lyrical I don't want it to end! I am fortunate to have my own copy that I received as a gift so I am going to make the most of it. I look forward to reading more of your work and will go back to Love Walked In next. Best wishes to you, I know your future is full of much success.
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Thank you, Ms de los Santos, for spending time with us, your readers.

I've enjoyed reading your comments and your generosity in sharing insights into your creative process. You are an amazing writer, and I have first editions of both your novels. Am looking forward to reading more of your spectacular stories.

IBIS
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Author
MarisadelosSantos
0 Kudos

You are all so generous and smart and insightful and interesting (I could add adjectives all day long). It's been an enormous pleasure to be in your company, and I offer my heartfelt thanks to all of you!

xo
Marisa
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Marisa, I loved your book and enjoyed reading and hearing your comments this month. Thanks so very much for joining us. Hope you can join us again soon.

Thanks to Rachel for a good job done.

Thanks to all members of this club. Your comments were so on the mark and interesting.
Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Marisa, thank you so much for writing two wonderful books and for spending some time discussing them with us this month.  I've added you to my list of favorite authors and look forward to reading more of your work.

Thank you to Rachel and the entire group.  This was a fun discussion!
Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Frequent Contributor
LucyintheOC
0 Kudos

Marisa, I couldn't WAIT to get my hands on Belong to Me because I read Love Walked In in preparation for Belong to Me and this month's discussion! Your books engaged me completely. I couldn't wait each day until I could return to them and continue on with the story. I love your writing style and how you tell the story. Your ability to put dialog on paper is amazing. Your books are like chatting with a friend and while reading them, I felt like I was almost inside the story myself--like I was a silent character written into the storyline. In any event, I hope your charaters are talking to you and that you will follow with another book...or two...because I know your characters are talking to me!...So many emotions about where they ended up at the end and so many questions about where do their lives go now! Truthfully, I would read anything you wrote. Thank you for giving us readers two wonderful books so far.

I want to apologize for not having been able to participate this month, because I think it is very generous of you to give your time to come to a book group like this and talk to us. It may be only "online" but it still takes time to read what we have written and compose responses--more time, I think, than perhaps an in-person talk. Unfortuately, my mother was in the hospital for the first half of the month and for the second half, she's been home, but has needed care and I still work full-time. Needless to say, there hasn't been much time for a book club. And I feel so bad because I value that you were willing to meet with your readers. I was so looking forward to participating and I hope, that if you are ever giving an in-person talk in my area that I will be able to come and hear you speak.
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 245 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: