Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
katemcrae
0 Kudos

Child 44

I have a feeling that my original posting may have gotten posted before I was finished with it, you will recognize it as it ends in the middle of a sentence.

I am 2/3 way through the book and have found it to be one of the finest reads ever. Your book is exactly what mystery writing should be, exquisite.

Having read all the postings, there is simply nothing more than I can add that would enhance this fabulous book. Job well done, I anxiously wait for the second book. When can we look forward to reading it?

Thank you very much for giving your time to this forum, it is very much appreciated.

Warmest Regards,
Kate in Minnesota
Author
TRS_Old
0 Kudos

Re: Child 44

katemcrae wrote:
I have a feeling that my original posting may have gotten posted before I was finished with it, you will recognize it as it ends in the middle of a sentence.
I am 2/3 way through the book and have found it to be one of the finest reads ever. Your book is exactly what mystery writing should be, exquisite.
Having read all the postings, there is simply nothing more than I can add that would enhance this fabulous book. Job well done, I anxiously wait for the second book. When can we look forward to reading it?
Thank you very much for giving your time to this forum, it is very much appreciated.
Warmest Regards,
Kate in Minnesota

Hi there Kate!

Thanks for your very kind words! Of course, you still have a third of the book to go so you might take it all back. But until that sad day, I might as well bask in the praise.

The second book is going to be finished in a couple of weeks, edited over the next couple of months and out in print next year.

Thank you for joining the discussion. Please let me know what you make of the ending!

Learn more about Child 44.
New User
katemcrae
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I stayed up until 2:00 am in order to finish the book. I have never felt this way about a book of any sort before. I have heard people saying that a book was great they couldn't put it down, but never experienced it in all the reading I have done. Your book has now made me a member of that "couldn't put it down" club.
It is bittersweet, you don't want the book to end but yet you want to find out how it ends.

Honestly, this is the best book I have ever read. I was at Barnes and Noble today telling every customer and employee about it. I also made mention that they need to get it back out on the front tables, they told me that they had run out of all their copies. Kudos to you my friend.

Besides being extremely intelligent and creative, how do you come up with all the twists and turns in the book? Example: How do you think of strapping oneself to the underside of a vehicle or train.  I have been in Law Enforcement for 20 plus years and have seen quite a bit, but your imagination absolutely amazed me.

If you need a fan club started I am on it! If you are ever in the twin cities/Minnesota for a book signing, I will be there. All my friends and family will be getting a copy of your book, you are a supreme writer. I have never read one of Oprah's books from her club, but someone needs to tell her about your book!

I cannot wait for your second book, could you please start on the third so we don't have to wait after the second is finished. :-)

It has been an absolute pleasure to read a novel worth reading. Your ending did not disappoint.

Feel free to use our names from this message board in your next book. Ha.

Warmest Regards,
Kate

Author
TRS_Old
0 Kudos

katemcrae wrote:
Hi Tom,
I stayed up until 2:00 am in order to finish the book. I have never felt this way about a book of any sort before. I have heard people saying that a book was great they couldn't put it down, but never experienced it in all the reading I have done. Your book has now made me a member of that "couldn't put it down" club.
It is bittersweet, you don't want the book to end but yet you want to find out how it ends.
Honestly, this is the best book I have ever read. I was at Barnes and Noble today telling every customer and employee about it. I also made mention that they need to get it back out on the front tables, they told me that they had run out of all their copies. Kudos to you my friend.
Besides being extremely intelligent and creative, how do you come up with all the twists and turns in the book? Example: How do you think of strapping oneself to the underside of a vehicle or train. I have been in Law Enforcement for 20 plus years and have seen quite a bit, but your imagination absolutely amazed me.
If you need a fan club started I am on it! If you are ever in the twin cities/Minnesota for a book signing, I will be there. All my friends and family will be getting a copy of your book, you are a supreme writer. I have never read one of Oprah's books from her club, but someone needs to tell her about your book!
I cannot wait for your second book, could you please start on the third so we don't have to wait after the second is finished. :-)
It has been an absolute pleasure to read a novel worth reading. Your ending did not disappoint.
Feel free to use our names from this message board in your next book. Ha.
Warmest Regards,
Kate

Hi Kate - what a cool post! Thank you!

I love, love, love that you're a law enforcement officer. It must have been interesting to compare the completely different approaches to crime.

I'm sure I'll be in Minnesota at some stage. I'll get my website up and running and post any upcoming events on there.

Contributor
SKELLINGTON
0 Kudos

Hi Tom-

You should be commended on your wonderful book! I read it in two days, and was completely intriegued.

I am looking forward to much more of your work.

Andrew B.
Author
TRS_Old
0 Kudos

SKELLINGTON wrote:
Hi Tom-
You should be commended on your wonderful book! I read it in two days, and was completely intriegued.
I am looking forward to much more of your work.
Andrew B.

Hi Andrew - thanks for getting in touch. I'm really pleased you enjoyed the book!

The second book, which takes place three years after the end of CHILD 44, will be out next year.

Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 529 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: