Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Thanks to Tom and the group!

Hi all,

We are in our last week!

I want to take the chance to thank Tom for all of his generous intelligence and attention here! He's made this a wonderful month for his readers. Tom, I hope you will join us with your next novel! I can't wait to read it, (and it you'd like any of us to pressure your publishers to speed up the process, I'm sure we'd all be glad to help.)

This has been an excellent group! It has been a pleasure to read with you, and hear all your comments and questions. I hope to see your names again in the coming months!

Rachel

Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks to Tom and the group!

Hi Rachel and Mr Smith

June has whizzed by ...

I hope I can post without losing internet access... I'm in charming Lenox, MA...  performing in BSO's summer concerts at Tanglewood... I'm staying at this picturesque pre-revolutionary inn with advertised "internet access"... which translates into inter(mittent) net access...

I want to thank you, Mr Smith, for your amazing generosity... your time, your insights, sharing the sometimes unshare-able creative processes of your writing....

I'm chomping at the bit for your sequel... oh dear... more to come

is that lightning I hear.... ugh....

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Author
TRS_Old
0 Kudos

IBIS wrote:
Hi Rachel and Mr Smith
June has whizzed by ...
I hope I can post without losing internet access... I'm in charming Lenox, MA... performing in BSO's summer concerts at Tanglewood... I'm staying at this picturesque pre-revolutionary inn with advertised "internet access"... which translates into inter(mittent) net access...
I want to thank you, Mr Smith, for your amazing generosity... your time, your insights, sharing the sometimes unshare-able creative processes of your writing....
I'm chomping at the bit for your sequel... oh dear... more to come
is that lightning I hear.... ugh....

Thanks to B & N for giving me this opportunity to talk to you guys. I've really loved it.

And as I mentioned in another post, I've just finished my second book and it was great hearing all your wonderful feedback as I finished the book off.

Learn more about Child 44.
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Tom, thanks for being with us this month!

Congratulations on finishing the book, we can't wait to read it next year.

Maria

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Frequent Contributor
tgem
0 Kudos

Maria,

It would be fantastic if Tom Rob Smith could come back to this forum with the publication of his next book!  Thanks to all.

tgem

Maria_H wrote:
Tom, thanks for being with us this month!

Congratulations on finishing the book, we can't wait to read it next year.

Maria
Frequent Contributor
tgem
0 Kudos

Rachel,

Ditto!  Thank you for your excellent work in moderating this forum.  I, too, hope to see Tom Rob Smith here with his next book.

tgem
Frequent Contributor
evollbach
0 Kudos

This is the first time I bought a book based only on a Barnes and Noble recommendation. And it's the first time I've participated in a Barnes and Noble book club. Did I get lucky or what? :-)

Now I'll be paying more attention to the other recommendations.

Beth
Inspired Wordsmith
CathyB
0 Kudos

Many thanks to Tom for joining us this month.  Although I was only able to post a
few times, I thoroughly enjoyed reading Tom's comments/insights on all the posts.

Can't wait for the publication of your next book!

I hope there are many more to come.

CathyB
Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 517 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: