Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Introduce Yourself

Reply to this message to introduce yourself to the group, and let us know what lead you to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo .

Be careful not to post any spoilers!

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

I have to say, even though I'm a bookseller and we get all the Recommends stuff a little ahead of time, the cover really drew me in for TGWTDT.  But the story is good, too :smileyvery-happy:  This is a book that not only delivered on story but also gives a couple Swedish history lessons for those who aren't quite up to speed on Scandinavia.  I hope the US publisher coughs up the remaining two volumes in this trilogy ASAP!
Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
B&N Bookseller
Brody
0 Kudos

I agree, the cover is top notch. I was really pulled into this story because the characters sounded fantastic, especially Lisbeth. This has jumped up my favorite reads of 2008 list. I know that unputdownable is kind of a cliched term today, but its true, it was two sittings for me and over before I was ready. I can't wait for the next two volumes. 

Brody 

Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

I couldn't put this book down either. I kept trying to rotate it with other book club books, but finally I gave in a just finished it. I also can't wait for the next 2 books.
A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
debbaker
0 Kudos

Haven't quite finished it yet. I found the descriptions interesting and they pulled me in.
Deb
booknook516.blogspot.com

simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought
william hazlitt
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

I've started reading TGWTDT this morning... and was immediately hooked... The cover was fabulous... very much in tune with the tone of the story...

I'm a violinist, and my string quartet will be touring in Europe this month... so I won't be able to participate until I return by the end of October.  

I'll look forward to catching up with everyone's posts when I return, and sharing some of my own thoughts.

IBIS 

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

OkI'm soldI've been putting off buying this book because I've got three other book club books to read this month, but I think I'm just going to go ahead and order it so I've got it when I'm readyI've read the excerpt and that, coupled with the reviews, has intrigued me.   So, naturally, I will find myself reading at least four books at one timeI can't decide if I'm suffering from ADD, OCD or both when it comes to booksOh well, no sense fighting it.

One more thing... When I first saw the actual book, I was captivated by the cover art as well.  

Again, I can't wait to read this book!

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Contributor
Gothenberg
0 Kudos

I'm a fan of Scandinavian literature - thanks Mankell and Petterson!  There is something magnetic for me about the existentially melancholic character of Swedes dealing with hideous crimes in prim, middle class Sweden that makes for a wonderful tension between characters, plot and social and physical landscape.

I came to to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo with much excited anticipation and was not disappointed.  To say I'm looking forward to the rest of the series would be an understatement.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 35 members 879 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: