Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Annie_Barrows
0 Kudos

Re: Writing

Wrighty wrote:

Annie,

You've told us about how you came to help your aunt write this book. In the Acknowledgements at the end Mary Ann mentioned how grateful she was that you stepped in shortly after the manuscript was sold. Was that the first time you read any of it or had you had access the whole time she was writing it?

~Debbie

The first time I read it was right before it was sold.  My mother read several of the early versions of the manuscript, but I was busy with babies and tiny children during that time, so I didn't read it until later.

Learn more about The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

Discover all Annie Barrows titles.
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for Annie Barrows

Annie,

I'm not sure if you're still with us for the weekend but I have another question for you. I know when authors have a new book out they have a lot of different ways to promote them - in person, online, on TV, etc. With your promotions for this very popular book do you have any other experiences like this one? I know authors drop in on events, we even have authors who come here for a week long experience that's a little different than this one. Are there other clubs or activities that last a month or longer? 

~Debbie 

Users Online
Currently online: 60 members 723 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: