Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Annie_Barrows
0 Kudos

Re: Recommended Reading

Sunltcloud wrote:

I'll try to give you the web site, don't know if it works, since it is a video.

Channel Online | Guernsey News - Bestselling book launches in Guernsey: Video

It worked fine. Thanks. Annie

Learn more about The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

Discover all Annie Barrows titles.
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

All of us here loved it and we are book junkies who have read tons of books. Our opinions trump all:smileyvery-happy:

Annie_Barrows wrote:

literature wrote:

Annie, the following is the reply I received from my business contact in the London area:

Of course I will help out if I can. Unfortunately, I haven't managed to track down a copy of the Guernsey Society Review yet, but will keep trying over the next few days and will let you know if I can get a copy.
However, to be going on with, below are the web addresses of some of our UK newspapers' reviews of the book you are interested in - hope these are of some help.
www.entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/fiction/article4484639.ece

Ah, thank you. That's lovely. Reviews are strange, though, aren't they? One paper says it's jarringly modern and NOT BRITISH and the other congratulates Mary Ann on her grasp of the period. I suppose it's not fair to take the bits you like and dump the rest, but then you're left with utter confusion. In any case, thanks to you and your friend.  Annie

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

debbook wrote:
All of us here loved it and we are book junkies who have read tons of books. Our opinions trump all:smileyvery-happy:

Well said Deb! We're all fans here Annie and we're finding you more all of the time. I've been telling everyone about it. I bet you're aunt knows how well it's doing too. You both did an amazing job!

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

I totally agree with you.  I am loaning my copy out this weekend to someone who loves books and will appreciate it.  I was at my library last night and was surprised to see a copy there.  They tend to be a little slow.   I told the librarian to take it home with her to read and we'd discuss it next week.
Author
Annie_Barrows
0 Kudos

debbook wrote:

Annie_Barrows wrote:

literature wrote:

Annie, the following is the reply I received from my business contact in the London area:

Of course I will help out if I can. Unfortunately, I haven't managed to track down a copy of the Guernsey Society Review yet, but will keep trying over the next few days and will let you know if I can get a copy.
However, to be going on with, below are the web addresses of some of our UK newspapers' reviews of the book you are interested in - hope these are of some help.
www.entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/fiction/article4484639.ece

Ah, thank you. That's lovely. Reviews are strange, though, aren't they? One paper says it's jarringly modern and NOT BRITISH and the other congratulates Mary Ann on her grasp of the period. I suppose it's not fair to take the bits you like and dump the rest, but then you're left with utter confusion. In any case, thanks to you and your friend.  Annie

Yes, of course! Your opinions are the real ones. Annie

Author
Annie_Barrows
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

debbook wrote:

Well said Deb! We're all fans here Annie and we're finding you more all of the time. I've been telling everyone about it. I bet you're aunt knows how well it's doing too. You both did an amazing job!

Thanks for spreading the word! Everyone needs a team, and you're mine.

Author
Annie_Barrows
0 Kudos

literature wrote:
I totally agree with you.  I am loaning my copy out this weekend to someone who loves books and will appreciate it.  I was at my library last night and was surprised to see a copy there.  They tend to be a little slow.   I told the librarian to take it home with her to read and we'd discuss it next week.

I'm a big fan of librarians--did you know that Mary Ann and I both worked--at the same time--at our little hometown library? Give her my best.

literature wrote:

Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 450 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: