Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Thanks to Annie and the group!

It is our last week, so please take advantage of having Annie with us for a couple more days!

I want to extend a great big thanks to Annie, from Barnes and Noble.com and from the group, for being so generous with your time and attention. I'm not sure that any novel could fit so perfectly into such a wide range of tastes as in this sort of book club! Your and your aunts' novel is a beautiful portrait of how books comfort and shape our lives, and of how a group of people can grow to care so deeply for each other, through and around literature. Thanks for spending the month with us!

And to the group! There have been so many wonderful comments and questions this month! Thanks for sharing your insights and stories. I hope to see you again in the coming months.

Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks to Annie and the group!

Just like the book, I hate for this to end! Thank you all for such an interesting, informative and fun club this month. I learned so much from everyone. A special thank you to Annie for joining us and answering our questions. You chose a sad topic and made an interesting yet respectful story from it. I absolutely adored the characters too and you had just the right balance between the serious moments and the humorous ones. I look forward to what you will be writing in the future.
Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Thank you, Annie, both for the book and for your time with us this month.  You and the book match --- both were delightful to spend time with!
Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Author
Annie_Barrows
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you, too, for your enthusiasm and inquiring minds. I do feel as though we've been having an extended meeting of the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and I've enjoyed myself immensely. Not many writers get to yak with their readers and explain what they meant. It's a luxury, and I appreciate it.

Annie

Learn more about The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

Discover all Annie Barrows titles.
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Annie, Thanks so much for your time and thank you for such a wonderful book. I know this is a book that I will read over and over. I loved everything about it, the style, the story, and the characters. I can't wait to read your next one.:smileyhappy: I can't say enough good things about this book.
A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Author
Annie_Barrows
0 Kudos

debbook wrote:
Annie, Thanks so much for your time and thank you for such a wonderful book. I know this is a book that I will read over and over. I loved everything about it, the style, the story, and the characters. I can't wait to read your next one.:smileyhappy: I can't say enough good things about this book.

You'll have to wait a bit for the next one--as Juliet says, it's just a frail little infant of an idea, and I'm going to have to coddle it for a while. In the meantime, thanks for your support

Learn more about The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

Discover all Annie Barrows titles.
Users Online
Currently online: 52 members 1,217 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: