Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
Dirfrops
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi,

My name is Russ and just realized that I was confirmed in the class.  Work has been hectic and this kind of slipped my mind.  I was checking Facebook and saw the BN posts and remembered, hey, whatever happened with the Behind the Wheel?  SO I checked and I was confirmed.  Muy bueno.  I took two years of SPanish in high school and two years in college which was roughly 14 years ago, but I work in the restaurant and if you don't Spanish, you really are in another country.  I am very excited to "meet" you all and can't wait.  

Russ - Columbus, OH

Distinguished Bibliophile
Nadine
0 Kudos

Don't forget, you can still participate even if you didn't make the "enrollment". The "enrollment was just to get a free product. You can still buy the product yourself and participate. It is only $13.50.

Behind the Wheel Express - Spanish 1

Administrator
Paul_Hochman
Re: How to Enroll--Sorry, Enrollment is Now Closed. 

Nadine wrote:

I have received my confirmation so I imagine those that made it will  know soon.

Kristin, for those that did not make the enrollment quota, can they purchase the product and still participate in the class?

They sure can. The board will be public.

Reader 2
unicorn21
0 Kudos

recieved my books in the mail gonna start this on sun see how it goes

Reader 4
jkaustin02
0 Kudos

Hi,

I live in Houston, TX and it's becoming more and more diverse here, in stores, out on the streets, schools, and most employers are requiring new hires to be bilingual, so this is going to help me immensely. I took Spanish eons ago in high school and spent some time in Mexico, but sadly, have lost most of what I learned. I think I'll be able to pick it back up quickly though. Great program and thanks for including me!

New User
amallen0204
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Amanda and I'm really looking forward to taking this course! Just got my CD and book in the mail and am excited to get started this weekend.

I took German throughout high school and college (many years ago) and want to take on a new challenge.  I recently spent some time in Guatemala and not being able to communicate as effectively as I would like spurred on this desire to learn Spanish.

So, Hola! Looking forward to learning together.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi , I'm Susan Vermontcozy..So glad BN has offered This Spanish Class for us ,Muchas Gracias..BN,,,..My daughter is fluent in Spanish..She likes  languages..  I can order some food in Swedish .,French in HS and a bit of German from my Dad...Will see you all in class..Susan...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Correspondent
retromom
0 Kudos

Hi name is Beth and I am looking forward to learning Spanish. My daughter is taking Spanish in school and I am hoping we can learn together. Looking forward to learning with all of you!

Beth

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/
Reader 2
Beautifully_Chaotic
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Tabatha and I am hoping to complete learning spanish and become fluent!  I started learning spanish in 5th grade and took it all the way into High school but only 2 years there.  About 5 yeas total in classes but they didn't encourage becoming independant with and becoming fluent, hopefully this will help.

I am also from Montana work at a best buy and am in college. I love to read and am learning spanish at the same time as I am self teaching norwegian!

~Live life like no one is watching~
Reader
virplay
0 Kudos

Hello My name is Virgilio, and I am from Spain, and of course I speak perfect Spanish :smileywink:

Reader 4
tam80
0 Kudos

Hi!

My name is Tam and I'm excited to be taking this. No foreign language experience

except some traveling. My son will be taking Spanish next year. He plays soccer

with a few bilingual players. Hoping to get some practice there also!

Thanks to the people who've posted links with outside sources to supplement

this course.

Author
Mark_Frobose
0 Kudos

Likewise.  Igualmente.

Nadine
0 Kudos

Mark_Frobose wrote:

Likewise.  Igualmente.

Hi Mark. Welcome to the board and early! I am really looking forward to this Spanish course. I not only have the Behind the Wheel Spanish Express, generously provided by Mamillian, but I have all the rest of your BTW Spanish programs -- the I, II, III. I am getting very ahead of myself but I had to sample them just to see what they were like. I already think your III is going to be great for the Subjunctive. I've been cringing in fear over that because everyone says you really need to know that to truly converse in Spanish but no one seems to be able to teach it well to us English speakers. Your BTW Spanish III really made sense to me. But I have to learn to walk before I can fly so it is back to Spanish Express.

I also have your original version of BTW CDs and your original book from Language Dynamics. It must be a collector's item. Too bad they didn't republish that book in its entirety or at least in two levels of Spanish. I think it is a great book. Above my head originally but now I think I can tackle it.

I have a question for you. You have published six BTW languages. Do you have a first language that you prefer above the others?

Contributor
norcalsheri
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm Sheri. I took two years of Spanish in High School and 2 years in College. That was over 20 years ago. I'm really looking forward to learning to speak Spanish and see how this will work in our Book Club. I'm anxious to get started!

Reader 2
asmith519
0 Kudos

hi, amy here.  looking forward to brushing up on my spanish.  it's been too long since i've used it.  actually the rest of my family is wanting to learn along with me, so this will be great for us to listen to in the car together.  thanks!

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

virplay wrote:

Hello My name is Virgilio, and I am from Spain, and of course I speak perfect Spanish :smileywink:

¡Hola Virgilio!  ¿De dónde en España eres?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Nadine wrote:

Mark_Frobose wrote:

Likewise.  Igualmente.

Hi Mark. Welcome to the board and early! I am really looking forward to this Spanish course. I not only have the Behind the Wheel Spanish Express, generously provided by Mamillian, but I have all the rest of your BTW Spanish programs -- the I, II, III. I am getting very ahead of myself but I had to sample them just to see what they were like. I already think your III is going to be great for the Subjunctive. I've been cringing in fear over that because everyone says you really need to know that to truly converse in Spanish but no one seems to be able to teach it well to us English speakers. Your BTW Spanish III really made sense to me. But I have to learn to walk before I can fly so it is back to Spanish Express.

I also have your original version of BTW CDs and your original book from Language Dynamics. It must be a collector's item. Too bad they didn't republish that book in its entirety or at least in two levels of Spanish. I think it is a great book. Above my head originally but now I think I can tackle it.

I have a question for you. You have published six BTW languages. Do you have a first language that you prefer above the others?

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!  Yes, the dreaded subjunctive!  I actually took an entire course on just that in grad school!  I think I have somewhat of a handle on it after all that...  One interesting aspect is that there are actually two forms that are interchangeable; one would end a verb in 'ra', while the other would end it in 'ese'.  I think it is a regional preference, and whereas you will be studying Latin American Spanish, I don't know which you will learn; both forms are used in Spain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
New User
sissy1961
0 Kudos

Hi, would you please tell me where to go to subscribe to or join this book club

What goes around, comes around
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

sissy1961 wrote:

Hi Sissy This "Behind The Wheel Class "has been Closed " for a while.The Behind The Wheel Board Page  has all the threads. Which you are on now...It a signup class and The date is posted..But we have an amazing selection of "Book Clubs "here.This was a new venue for BN and it filled up rather quickly.Kristin The moderator is always around and you can find a post of hers here on This Board and just click reply and ask her anything you want about Behind The Wheel..So have a Look around.Its always great to Start on The Announcement Board,,,to see What is up and coming...Also on the far Right of each page you will see a heading" Discussions"Any other questions We have a Community Room Board  that should help as well..Best and Welcome to Barnesand Noble   Susan Vtc...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Nadine
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

sissy1961 wrote:

You just have to visit the board and join in. This is a public board. You might want to buy the text for the class, though. B&N used unfortunate wording when they said "Enrollement is Closed" when what they really meant was that they had given away all the free copes of the product. See the posting from Administration below:

Behind the Wheel Express - Spanish 1

Administrator
Paul_Hochman
Re: How to Enroll--Sorry, Enrollment is Now Closed. 

Nadine wrote:

I have received my confirmation so I imagine those that made it will  know soon.

Kristin, for those that did not make the enrollment quota, can they purchase the product and still participate in the class?

They sure can. The board will be public.

Nadine
0 Kudos

Joining the Class

[ Edited ]

I should have read more of the board. Apparently B&N has just changed the name of the "Enrollment is Closed" thread (the 5th one) to "It's Not Too Late to Participate"

You can read what it says at this link.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 35 members 439 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: