Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
doobtones
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hola a todos,

I can understand a lot of Spanish but am by no means fluent.  I hope to improve my knowledge of the language through this opportunity.

Contributor
laberday
0 Kudos

Hi. I took two years of Spanish in high school and 3 semesters in college, but still don't feel comfortable conversing in it. My mother lives in Mexico and I would love to feel like I could have a real conversation when I visit her and not sound like stilted Spanish 101.

Reader
Ryane_Candyce
0 Kudos

Hello my name is Ryane_Candyce. I just flat out love to read and learn. I can not get enough of it.

Ryane Candyce
New User
Jenewatson
0 Kudos

hello!  i think it's taken me longer to figure out how to sign up than it will to learn spanish :smileyhappy:   Hoping to also teach my 4 boys. Sounds like this will be a fun group!

New User
polidissenter
0 Kudos

Hello! My name is Alicia and I have attempted to learn Spanish over the years. I am excited to participate with other people online and hopefully tackle this language goal. I live in California and recently graduated from College.

MCC
New User
MCC
0 Kudos

Hi there...I'm Mikki.  This is my first time using BN to learn Spanish and looking forward to getting started!

New User
MaryN1234
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Mary and I'm looking forward to re-learning Spanish (haven't taken that since high school a million years ago) so I can help my son learn it as part of his high school requirement (we homeschool). I also teach online classes and I'm helping develop a new college Spanish course so I thought this would help me help the teacher.:robotvery-happy:

Reader 2
unicorn21
0 Kudos

My name is unicorn21. I am a home health aide anf i am hoping that learning spanish will help me to be able to commuincate with a more varyn of clients

New User
Proserpine
0 Kudos

Hello! 

I'm Rachael. I'm really looking forward to this course, I'm hoping it will assist in my career. 

New User
OneLZ
0 Kudos

I'm Michele and need to refresh my Spanish as my son prepares to take his first course in 6th grade.  Yo me llamo Marta is about all I remember!

New User
Terrie27
0 Kudos

Terrie 27 is my name.  My grandson is learning Spanish now.  I have some Spanish knowledge but need to renew the vocabulary.. 

New User
horsephoto
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Oni and I am looking forward to learning some Spanish.

New User
jac724

Hi, My name is Julie. I've been trying to learn Spanish on my own for awhile. I've had some success with reading Spanish and can probably speak "survival" Spanish, but need  a lot of reinforcement and practice. This looks like it will be a fun place to do that!.

New User
Steusan2
0 Kudos

Hi, hoping to refresh my rusty High School Spanish. Looking to be able to converse more easily with people. ~Sue  "Steusan2"

Reader
LunaSummer10
0 Kudos

I am Aaron. I want to expand my foreign language knowledge farther than it is already. I am currently enrolled in French and have progressed far in that class so I figured to try something much harder. I really hope to get to do this but surely everyone truly deserves to get a chance at expanding their horizons. Anyways I have rambled on too much haha.

Contributor
Nookmomof3
0 Kudos

Hola everyone! My name is Carmen Nazario. I am a SAHM to 3 great kids 17, 12, and 4. I am also a college student attending UWF online. I will be graduating next fall with a BA in both Exceptional Student Education and Elementary Education with Reading and ESOL endorsements.  Don't let the totally Spanish sounding name fool you. :smileyvery-happy: My friends and family call me "Konnie" and my fathers last name is Reuben. My mothers mother was from Segovia Spain, so I am of Spanish decent, and my husband was born and raised in Puerto Rico.

I know very little Spanish, although I took 2 semesters in college just 5 short years ago. My 12 year old daughter is taking Spanish I through the Florida Virtual School this summer and I want to be able to assist her. I also would love to finally be able to understand my inlaws when they are talking about me. jk That, and it may benefit my future students for me to be a little more fluent in Spanish.

I look forward to learning with you all!

Konnie

New User
JoCSentell
0 Kudos

Hola,

Quiero aprender hablar espanol mas mejor. Estoy lista!

New User
Allen_Oh
0 Kudos

Hola, me llamo Allen.  :smileyhappy:

I'm looking forward to building up my Spanish skills -- I know a little bit but haven't had the chance to learn in a group setting.

Reader 2
Tearasay
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I'm Teresa and I look forward to learning Spanish with you.

Frequent Contributor
RS18
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Rosa. I'm looking forward to brushing up on my Spanish. I took Spanish in high school and college. I haven't spoken Spanish in years, so I have forgotten most of my vocabulary.