Inspired Contributor
shmy
0 Kudos

Re: Accents/Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hola a todos!

I'm actually from Mexico, but I live in the US because of university. Unfortunately my laptop is accent impaired, but I speak Spanish and love to post hehe

Yo soy de Mexico y actualmente voy a la universidad en Estados Unidos. Desafortunadamente mi laptop no le funcionan los acentos asi que disculpenme :smileyhappy:

Contributor
hmadrigal
0 Kudos

Re: Accents/Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi everyone,

My name (as you might noticed) is Herber. I speak Spanish, and I've learned some few words in English. So, if there is something I could do to support your learning don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Herber

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, I'm Maria.  My father speaks Spanish fluently, and I understand just enough to misconstrue half of what I hear...

Lately, I hoped Dad would be able to translated one or two of my short stories; but his health is not what it needs to be for such an endeavor.  But the language is near and dear my heart so when I saw this entire forum on it, well, it seemed I should stop and and browse around a bit.

Here I am.  Hola, que tal?

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
New User
kteach2
0 Kudos

Hello, I am an English as a Second Language teacher to students who are primarily Hispanic.  I really would like to learn Spanish, not so much because I need it for teaching, but so I can communicate with parents, and understand what students say to one another.  I am also doing Rosetta Stone, but i need practice talking and writing with real people!

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Hola, Maria and kteach2!  I don't know if it is clear when you check out this forum, but the Spanish class was back during the summer and is long over.  I'm not sure why they haven't archived this forum.  You could try and post here, but I'm not sure how many people would still check it out.  You could still read the threads and maybe learn a bit from them.  But bienvenidos, anyway!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Thanks!  It didn't look very active, but I thought there would probably be interesting people to talk to!  AND maybe they'll have another class next year in the summer.  I'll have to keep my eyes out for it!

Thanks for the welcome.

Frequent Contributor
arecibo00612
0 Kudos

Hi everyone:

I"m originally from Puerto  Rico and speak/read and write Spanish fluently. :smileyhappy:

if you want to practice your Spanish with me, let me know.

bye,

Hola a todos:

Yo soy originalmente de Puerto Rico y hablo/leo y escribo el español fluentemente.  :smileyhappy:

si quieren practicar su español conmigo, dejeme saber.

adiós,

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Hola Arecibo!

Ahora, donde vive?

Yo vivo en Texas.

Frequent Contributor
arecibo00612
0 Kudos

yo ahora vivo en Florida. yo he visitado Dallas, TX, Amarillo, TX hace muchos años atrás.