Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Kristin_Z
0 Kudos

Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to our Behind the Wheel Spanish course! 

Please use this thread to introduce yourself. 

New User
Sleeping-Beauty
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello, I'm Sleeping_ Beauty and I very much want to learn to speak and read Spanish. I hope this will help me in my job and when I travel. I know it will help me where I live. Looking foward to beginning because that is how things get done.

New User
Daintycmp
0 Kudos

Hi I am Claudia, and having been learning spanish on and off, but is now serious to go the full way as I will need it for my work and travel.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Nadine
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm Nadine and I have also been trying to learn Spanish off and on for the past few years. I did take the very last Spanish course of B&N University just before it was closed down. Since then I've been sporatically trying to learn Spanish.

Many of my neighbors are Hispanic and do speak Spanish. They are very polite and speak English when I am around to include me in the conversation but I would like to be able to talk to them in their own language.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone! My name is Donna and I hope to participate in this course with you.  :smileyhappy:  I live in Western MA with my husband and our dog, Oscar. I love to learn and took the Italian course way back when we had B&N University. I am an avid reader and love crafts, walks, and quiet time.  :smileywink:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
HBT
Inspired Contributor
HBT

Hello, I am interested in learning Spanish so I can surprise my husband. He is Puerto Rican and he is always translating everything his family says for me. I also want my children to speak Spanish as it is part of their heritage and if I can speak it to them, they will kearn it too.

Distinguished Correspondent
Bonnie_C
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Bonnie.  I live in Florida.  I enjoy baking, sewing and of course reading.  My family and I also like to travel. I have always wanted to learn a second language.  I think this would come in handy with our travels and I think it would also be a good brain exercise.

I'm looking forward to participating in the exercise.

Bonnie

B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

Hello!

My name is Melissa and I am a bookseller at store 2351, just outside of Philadelphia. I am an avid reader, and love languages. I speak Spanish, but severely need a brush up. I can't wait to start speaking with you.

New User
LaniHC
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am LaniHC.  I have been wanting to learn Spanish for years!  Always, seemed too busy to really buckle down.  Now that I am retired, maybe I can fit it in. 

There are so many Spanish speaking people living in the area, and I would like to speak with them in Spanish. The Spanish speakers, speak English incredibly well, and I would like to return the compliment by learning and Speaking in Spanish with them.

New User
Cottonwoods
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Cyndi and this is the first time I have ever done anything like this.  I was looking at the B & N web page and noticed this opportunity.  I've always wanted to learn to speak Spanish and hope I am a good student, and at the same time bring something to the class!

New User
wespk98
0 Kudos

Hi!  My name is Pamela, and I live in the Atlanta area.  I took a trip to Guatemala over a month ago and felt so handicapped not being able to communicate.  I plan to return to Guatemala at some point, and it is my plan to know a lot more Spanish before that! :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

¡Hola!  My name is Denise, and I am not actually planning on taking the course, but I was hoping that once in a while I might come around and chat with you guys.  I have a BA and an MA in Spanish, but it's been many years, and I have not really had many chances to use it in a long time, so I thought it might be fun.  I don't want to butt in on formal lessons, but if you have some conversational stuff going on, I might chime in.

¡Buena suerte a todos!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

I'm Anna Louise and studying to be an elementary school teacher.  I'm looking forward to learning some Spanish and live in the Washington, DC/Baltimore area.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
gdawson
0 Kudos

Hi, I've been wanting to relearn Spanish for years now.  I took two years of high school Spanish over 15 years ago, and I really enjoyed it.  Unfortunately, I've forgotten almost all of it.  I live in Houston, so Spanish is a pretty critical language here.  I'm looking forward to this program!

Reader 2
eekr
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

My name is Betty and for 30 years my Puerto Rican husband has encourgaed me to learn Spanish. I even signed up for an adult education course and then it was cancelled. Am excited  to finally learn Spanish.

New User
HeySus74
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi, my name is Susanne. I'm planning on learning Spanish so I travel abroad and understand what other people are saying. I live in eastern NC.

New User
AmyApple
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Amy. 

I moved to South Texas and married someone bilingual so my spanish has expanded slightly beyond words I learned on Sesame Street but not much. I end up listening to lots of Spanish conversation and would like to at least get the general drift of what they are talking about.

I'm anxious to learn!

Reader 4
ainezoemonster
0 Kudos

Hello, My name is Peigi.  I have been wanting to learn Spanish for many years now and am excited to be taking this course with all of you.  Best regards.

New User
monkeymeghan
0 Kudos

Hola.  Mi nombre es Meghan.  Yo tengo un clase de español a mi universidad este semestre, pero necesito más practicar!

New User
bella2367
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Bella 2367 and looking to get a refresher on Spanish