Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Read-n-Rider
0 Kudos

Re: Hi, my name is Joan and I think I have found a club I can...

Hi, booker41s, and welcome! Sounds like you're another kindred spirit. I have had to consciously curtail my book buying tendency lately because it was really getting out of hand. I should probably initiate a policy of "read 10, buy 1," or something like that. It seems like I spend a lot of time reading, but there are just so many great-sounding books out there............

Hmmmmm, you must have had a great job if you were out of work for 3 years and were able to survive and still buy lots of books; good for you! I like what you said about one's library (or outlook toward having one) being a good personality indicator. That reminds me--I'm not progressing very well on my plans to turn part of my attic into a library. I got the area cleaned out and that's about it. Time to buckle down and really get at it.

Hey, thanks for the tips about Word and Excel! My list is in a Word table; I haven't used Excel in a long time so it may take me awhile to get back into it, but what you suggested would definitely be worthwhile--what a timesaver!

Once again, welcome; is there anything else we can call you?

Joan
Contributor
cmprofessor
0 Kudos

Re: Hi, my name is Joan and I think I have found a club I can...

Hi booker41 and Joan: glad to have a new voice in the discussion! Booker41, do you have any interests in mysteries (especially by British authors)? If so, what's your favorite?

Joan: good luck with the attic project!

Mike
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 41 members 566 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: