New User
rachaelsee
0 Kudos

A little lost - but I'll eventually figure this out...

Not sure where this message will post - but I'll find out when I'm done. I'm new at this thread thing.

I've just recently come to terms with the fact that reading is more than just a past time for me...it's Probably an addiction. So, I have decided to find a home for myself - where I can share my thoughts, joy, interests, questions etc.

Just wanted to throw a "read" out there for discussion. I'm wondering if anyone has read the Linnet Bird by Linda Holeman. I happened upon this book in B & N a year or so ago grabbed it due to the cover, opened the book and read the first page and couldn't put it down. I've read it several times since. I passed the book along to 3 friends all who read it almost as quickly as I did and returned it - all agreeing they couldn't put it down. Now, are they trying to be nice - or is it true? Did they really like it? So I'm interested, has anyone read it and what did you think?

The story is very dark and at times disturbing book but the writing is beautiful and poetically written, and just pulled me in. Your opinions will not change my thoughts about what I read - and what the book is to me...but I am curious as to others input for sure!!

I enjoyed the book so much that I searched for another book by same author and found one of interest - The Moonlit Cage...which I also read and enjoyed (however, I was not as captivated by it as I was the Linnet Bird). However, I do remember the story, which is a good sign as others I simply forget altogether.

I just finished Atlas Shrugged which took me a year to get through (although I read 2 or 3 other books in between). I was determined to finish it - and actually think it is an amazing book..it's just very intense reading for which I feel one must have a lot of patience. Ayn Rand is extraordinary and I enjoy the complexity in her writing and thoughts - it's pretty amazing how she is able to delve into the core of human nature and push it to the limits. I am now currently reading The Fountainhead (I believe I read them in reverse order but that's okay). I think it gives me more appreciation for The Fountainhead, having read Atlas first.

I also have about 7 or 8 books that are sitting in a pile and I'm getting so anxious to read them...but I'm trying to finish my current read - which is huge and I don't know if I'll make it through without starting another. Sounds like I may not be the only one with this issue :smileysurprised:).

Lastly, I'm interested to know if there are any other authors that anyone can recommend that can challenge me like Ayn Rand does?
Frequent Contributor
grapes
0 Kudos

Re: A little lost - but I'll eventually figure this out...

I have the Linnet Bird. I haven't read it yet. It looks like a wonderful book.
Grapes
New User
rachaelsee
0 Kudos

Re: A little lost - but I'll eventually figure this out...

Thanks for sharing. I'm very interested to know what you think of it...please keep me posted! Take Care and Happy Reading.