Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

About Literary Ventures Fund

[ Edited ]
The Literary Ventures Fund, a first-of-its-kind, not-for-profit private foundation, serves as a "partner-in-risk" providing supplementary support to literary authors and publishers. It does so by offering them the foundation’s resources and publishing ties to bookstores, media outlets, and publicity assistance, as well as innovative marketing and sales programs, and direct cash investments, if warranted. LVF lends its support to ensure that exceptional works of fiction, literary non-fiction, and poetry with a potential for wide readership reach the broadest possible readership and remain in print for years to come. LVF also presents public programs that generate discussion about the broader literary landscape, the role of publishing in serving literary writers, and how more readers can become engaged with literature.

Message Edited by ande on 08-27-2007 05:39 PM

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Re: About Literary Ventures Fund

I was interested to know if the LVF makes printing of larger printings possible?

I had a difficult time finding copies of THE FIRES in the smaller bookstores in my community.

after several attempts, I did find ONE copy at a nearby B&N but it was the only one on the shelf. (I felt kind of guilty taking the only one.)

And my local library did not have a copy either.

I'm wondering if other readers also had a difficult time finding copies. That may explain why there aren't many readers sharing their thoughts.

Which is unfortunate, if that's the case, because the novellas are amazingly well-written.
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

Re: About Literary Ventures Fund

IBIS wrote:
I was interested to know if the LVF makes printing of larger printings possible?

I had a difficult time finding copies of THE FIRES in the smaller bookstores in my community.

after several attempts, I did find ONE copy at a nearby B&N but it was the only one on the shelf. (I felt kind of guilty taking the only one.)

And my local library did not have a copy either.

I'm wondering if other readers also had a difficult time finding copies. That may explain why there aren't many readers sharing their thoughts.

Which is unfortunate, if that's the case, because the novellas are amazingly well-written.

Glad you found it! For those who are still looking for their copy, you can order the book here.

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!