Blogger
ande
0 Kudos

Feather Man discussion participants: Please introduce yourselves!

[ Edited ]
Hello to all from Ande, your moderator.

First things first: Thank you for taking the time to read Feather Man, by Rhyll McMaster.

Before we embark on what I know will be a lively and thought-provoking discussion I wanted you all to have the opportunity to introduce yourself to other participants of the group.

Looking forward to learning about you and talking about Feather Man.
Ande
Message Edited by ande on 09-01-2008 04:47 PM
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: Feather Man discussion participants: Please introduce yourselves!

Hi, I am Vivian from Oklahoma. I have been around the clubs for a few years now. I got the book and have read it all, tho I won't post any thoughts about it at all here in the intro so I can look forward to our discussions. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Deb from NY and have been looking forward to discussing this book even before I finished it. Thank you for the opportunity Ande, and I am also excited about talking to the author.
A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Contributor
dcw888
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Denise from Connecticut.  I have very mixed feelings about this book, so I'm anxious to hear others' opinions.  I'm on the fence about whether I actually liked the book!
Inspired Wordsmith
chadadanielleKR
0 Kudos

Hi from Danielle from France,

I am so glad the book was sent to me all the way to France despite the high postage costs!

I have always been interested in literature written from the "frontiers" of the English speaking world like South Africa, Australia, New Zealand... Therefore, I'll give a try  for a new book from an Australian author!

I've finished the book and intend to share my opinion throughout the discussion which is to follow.

Contributor
therapist
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Vickie. I look forward to discussing Feather Man with everyone!
0 Kudos

Vickie:

If you are indeed a therapist we look forward to your professional insights as well as your civilian-reader ones.

Ande
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Hello all;

I am Linda from Central Va.. I am a bit of a oldie (but a goodie). hehe I love these clubs, so much reading fun.

Contributor
therapist
0 Kudos

ande wrote:
Vickie:

If you are indeed a therapist we look forward to your professional insights as well as your civilian-reader ones.

Ande

I am indeed a therapist, albeit a novice one. I'll be happy to offer any professional insights I come up with.

0 Kudos

Good to see you, Vickie.  Anybody with a tag line from Epictetus is a force to be reckoned with! I haven't read anything of his for several decades; you've reminded me to go back and revisit him (and Senec).

0 Kudos

Hi. This is my first book club experience. Please give me a chance to warm to it.  I am a 63 year old retired pharmacist and I love to read. I will read just about any genre except vampires. They make me  nervous.

I can't wait to get started.

Contributor
therapist
0 Kudos

Everyman wrote:

Good to see you, Vickie.  Anybody with a tag line from Epictetus is a force to be reckoned with! I haven't read anything of his for several decades; you've reminded me to go back and revisit him (and Senec).

Don't be too intimidated, Everyman. I've never read anything of Epictetus'.....I heard that quote on the movie Serendipity (b/c I'm not only an avid reader, but a sucker for romantic comedies) and fell in love with it.

0 Kudos

Hi, I go by IBIS which are my initials. I've always enjoyed lively discussions of controversial books (or books that tackle controversial and disturbing subject matter!)

I'm a professional musician; I read portions of well written passages out loud because I love hearing rhythms...  both verbal and musical. "Feather Man" is one of those books.

IBIS 

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Contributor
Liz_25Joey
0 Kudos

Hey everyone! I'm Liz. I'm 24. I'm just now joining the discussion a day late but oh well. Had an emergency over the weekend but things are good now. Anyway I'm looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts and opinions on this book and participating!
Frequent Contributor
ashen_rain
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I'm Todd, a high school senior from Ottawa, Ontario.  I had a great time reading Feather Man and look forward to participating in the discussion and seeing what everyone else thought of the book.
Frequent Contributor
Readingrat
0 Kudos

Hi,  I'm Elaine from Missouri and I'm looking forward to this discussion.
Blogger
ande
0 Kudos

Welcome to you all! Please jump into the discussion thread. We're having a fantastic conversation.

Thanks,
Ande
Frequent Contributor
wbarker
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

My name is Wendi, and I am from the Pacific Northwest, near Seattle, but far enough away to avoid some of the traffic!

I'm a stay at home mom, do consulting and bookkeeping from my home during the day, and read/post to my blog through the night. 

I love reading, and really haven't found a genre I don't like, except sometimes maybe dry history or text books.  I can see that a few of you are WAY ahead of me on the book - I'm still reading, but I'm off to get another few chapters under way in a few minutes! 

I look forward to participating in the discussions!

Reader
sevanne
0 Kudos

I am a third shift worker, avid reader, and very grateful recipient of Feather Man, which I devoured.
Inspired Correspondent
jclay26
0 Kudos

Hi! I am Janice from Kentucky. I have participated in "first reads" discussions before, but not any on this particular board. I am interested in seeing others perspectives on this book and looking forward to the discussions.
What you have to do...is trust your own story. Get the hell out of the way and let it tell itself. - Tim O'Brien; The Things They Carried